The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research ' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
Multiple post-doctoral fellowship positions
The successful candidate will:
- Lead an open-ended project related to the genetics and molecular physiology of aging.
- Develop new functional genomics approaches for measuring change at the single cell, individual, and population level.
- Work with C. elegans as a fast-aging and genetically tractable model for prototyping approaches that can be transferred to vertebrate models and humans.
- Engage in close wet-lab / dry-lab collaborations to develop new experimental methods
- Join in regular journal clubs, departmental data clubs, and institutional symposia
- Work with the lab’s high-throughput imaging technology “The Lifespan Machine”.
- Interact with colleagues the CNAG (centro nacional de análisis genómico) Single Cell Genomics Team and CRG Genomics Core, as well as colleagues located in biology, physics, and engineering departments at multiple institutes and universities across Barcelona.
About the team
The molecular mechanisms driving aging are embedded within complex physiologic networks. At long time-scales, these mechanisms exhibit emergent, collective behaviour that is both a fascinating topic and a fundamental barrier for traditional experimental approaches to establish molecular-level causality. To understand biological aging and develop effective therapies against it, we need better and more quantitative approaches that can rapidly characterize the multiple, complex causal pathways through which molecular-level changes determine systems-level dynamics.
The Dynamics of Living Systems group is an interdisciplinary team that pursues these goals through a mix of molecular genetics, synthetic biology, high-throughput imaging, machine learning, modelling, and math.
We are currently looking for three types of candidates
- Wet-lab post-doc candidates with a background in genetics, genomics, biomedical engineering, or molecular biology
- Dry-lab post-doc candidates with a background in statistics, physics, computer science or bioinformatics
- Laboratory Managers and/or Ph.D-level Research Assistants
The group is led by Nicholas Stroustrup, Ph.D Systems Biology, B.S.E Electrical Engineering. For more information, check out our research website: http://lifespanmachine.crg.eu . These positions are funded by the European Research Council project SYSAGING.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have a PhD Degree
- You have a first author publication
- You have interested in working in a highly interdisciplinary environment
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have experience in microbial, inverterate, or human genetics
- You are proficient in English
- Highly developed organization skills
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: 4-year contract
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: Fall 2019 through Spring 2020
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section .
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
All applications must be addressed to Dr Nicholas Stroustrup and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below
Interested candidates may also email Nicholas Stroustrup directly.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by November 1st , 2019
Crg Barcelona International 4 Year Ph D Programme In Life Sciences (# Of Pos: 13), Centre de Regulacio Genomica, Spain, 9 days ago
Apply now to boost your scientific career in a center of excellence, backed by first class core facilities and a broad training portfolio in our multidisciplinary, international community. Fellow...
One Junior Group Leader Position, Centre For Genomic Regulation, Spain, 17 days ago
The CRG is searching for applications from exceptional young scientists, who are highly accomplished and will establish their first research group or be within the first years of independence. The...
Postdoctoral Position: Bioengineering Organoid Morphogenesis, Ku Leuven, Belgium., KU Leuven, Belgium, 4 days ago
You are a developmental biologist interested in directing your passion for understanding how cells assemble into complex, ordered structures towards building and manipulating synthetic organoid mo...
Postdoctoral Position: Bioengineering Organoid Morphogenesis, Ku Leuven, Belgium. , Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 8 hours ago
(ref. BAP-2019-707) Laatst aangepast : 12/11/2019 A postdoctoral position is available in the Laboratory of Bioengineering and Morphogenesis at KU Leuven, Belgium. Our research focuses on understa...
Postdoc Position Burga Lab (# Of Pos: 2), IMBA-Institute of Molecular Biotechnology GmbH, Austria, 23 days ago
IMBA - Institute of Molecular Biotechnology is one of the leading biomedical research institutes in Europe focusing on cutting-edge functional genomics and stem cell technologies. IMBA is located ...
Ph D Position In Dynamic Cell Materials Interactions, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Eindhoven University of Technology has the following vacancy PhD position in Dynamic Cell-Materials Interactions Department Biomedical Engineering. Department(s) Department of Biomedical Engineeri...