Two “NEUcrest” ITN Early Stage Researcher PhD positions for 3 years available in the lab of Prof. M. Angela Nieto, “Cell movements in development and disease” at Institute for Neuroscience (CSIC-UMH) in Alicante, Spain (http://in.umh-csic.es/grupos-detalle.aspx?grupo=43 ). These full-time positions are funded by the European Commission H2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions, and the remuneration will be in line with the rules for MSCA grant holders (ESR, Initial Training Network).
In the lab, we study cell plasticity in health and disease, and in particular the epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT). The EMT is crucial for the formation of multiple tissues and organs including the neural crest and it is reactivated in the adult during wound healing, tumor progression and organ degeneration. We use zebrafish, mouse and chick embryos as model systems together with cultured cells and samples from patients, and we have a high interest in Cell Biology, Evo-Devo, Biomedicine, state-of-the-art imaging, transgenesis and gene expression profiling. These two PhD projects are devoted to the following themes:
• From transcriptomics to cell behaviour in vertebrate neural crest
• EMT and cell behaviour in normal and pathological vertebrate neural crest
- Ocaña, O.H., et al. (2012) Metastatic colonization requires the repression of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition inducer Prrx1. Cancer Cell 22, 709-724.
- Grande et al. (2015). Snail1-induced partial epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition drives renal fibrosis in mice and can be targeted to reverse established disease. Nat. Med. 21, 989-997.
- Nieto et al. (2016). EMT: 2016. Cell 166, 21-45.
- Ocaña et al. (2017) A right-handed signalling pathway drives heart looping in vertebrates. Nature 549, 86-90
- Fazilaty et al. (2019). A Gene Regulatory Network to Control EMT Programs in Development and Disease Nat. Comm. in press.
Ph D Project: Resolving Cellular Heterogeneity In Human Health And Disease Using Highly Multiplexed Spatial (Multi )Omics Technologies, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 3 days ago
A human body comprises 10 to 100 billion cells and as most of our organ functions are executed by the concerted action of those individual cells in a spatially organized context, it is paramount t...
Biophysics Of Cells And Single Molecules Ph D Course, PhDcourses.dk, Denmark, 2 days ago
Content This course aims to give a broad introduction to cell mechanics and single molecule research with a focus on experimental biophysics. Cells generate and sustain mechanical forces within th...
Ph D Position In Center Of Human Genetics, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
PHD PROJECT: RESOLVING CELLULAR HETEROGENEITY IN HUMAN HEALTH AND DISEASE USING HIGHLY MULTIPLEXED SPATIAL (MULTI-)OMICS TECHNOLOGIES (ref. BAP-2020-494) A new PhD position is available at the Cen...
Ph D Student In Stem Cell Biology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 3 days ago
(ref. BAP-2020-477) Laatst aangepast : 22/06/2020 The Stem Cell Institute, Leuven, was founded in 2006 with the aim to understand fundamental mechanisms underlying stem cell proliferation, differe...
Interdisciplinary Ph D Position Quantitative Cell Biology & Biochemistry 2.0 Fte, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 23 hours ago
Organisation Founded in 1614, the University of Groningen enjoys an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Fle...
Ph D Position Neuronal Cell Biology , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 14 hours ago
24.06.2020, Wissenschaftliches Personal Job Description A PhD position (65% E13) in the area of in vivo imaging of the rodent nervous system is available in the Misgeld lab at TUM’s Institute of N...