Two “NEUcrest” ITN Early Stage Researcher PhD positions for 3 years available in the lab of Prof. M. Angela Nieto, “Cell movements in development and disease” at Institute for Neuroscience (CSIC-UMH) in Alicante, Spain (http://in.umh-csic.es/grupos-detalle.aspx?grupo=43 ). These full-time positions are funded by the European Commission H2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions, and the remuneration will be in line with the rules for MSCA grant holders (ESR, Initial Training Network).
In the lab, we study cell plasticity in health and disease, and in particular the epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT). The EMT is crucial for the formation of multiple tissues and organs including the neural crest and it is reactivated in the adult during wound healing, tumor progression and organ degeneration. We use zebrafish, mouse and chick embryos as model systems together with cultured cells and samples from patients, and we have a high interest in Cell Biology, Evo-Devo, Biomedicine, state-of-the-art imaging, transgenesis and gene expression profiling. These two PhD projects are devoted to the following themes:
• From transcriptomics to cell behaviour in vertebrate neural crest
• EMT and cell behaviour in normal and pathological vertebrate neural crest
- Ocaña, O.H., et al. (2012) Metastatic colonization requires the repression of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition inducer Prrx1. Cancer Cell 22, 709-724.
- Grande et al. (2015). Snail1-induced partial epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition drives renal fibrosis in mice and can be targeted to reverse established disease. Nat. Med. 21, 989-997.
- Nieto et al. (2016). EMT: 2016. Cell 166, 21-45.
- Ocaña et al. (2017) A right-handed signalling pathway drives heart looping in vertebrates. Nature 549, 86-90
- Fazilaty et al. (2019). A Gene Regulatory Network to Control EMT Programs in Development and Disease Nat. Comm. in press.
Postdoc Position To Study The Cell Cell Interactions Within The Liver Macrophage Niche, VIB, Belgium, about 3 hours ago
About the lab The Guilliams lab at the VIB-UGent Center for Center for Inflammation Research (IRC) focuses on the biggest macrophage population of the body: the liver resident Kupffer cells. To ...
Postdoctoral Bioinformatics Position In Single Cell Genomics , University of Basel, Switzerland, 7 days ago
Postdoctoral Bioinformatics Position in Single-Cell Genomics A fully funded bioinformatics postdoctoral position is available in the Laboratory of Regulatory Evolution (Tschopp lab) at DUW Zoology...
Ph D Position In Cell Biology With A Focus On Intelligent Automation , SciLifeLab, Sweden, 25 days ago
We are looking for an ambitious, highly motivated PhD student with a good background in cell biology as well as interest in molecular biology, high-throughput screening, automation and bioinformat...
Postdoctoral Position: Bioengineering Organoid Morphogenesis, Ku Leuven, Belgium. , Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 1 hour ago
(ref. BAP-2019-707) Laatst aangepast : 12/11/2019 A postdoctoral position is available in the Laboratory of Bioengineering and Morphogenesis at KU Leuven, Belgium. Our research focuses on understa...
Postdoctoral Position In Immune Targeting Of Leukemic Stem Cells, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 3 hours ago
Dept. of Medicine Huddinge, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden We are looking for highly motivated and talented postdoctoral candidate to take the lead on exciting research projects in the l...
Doctoral (Ph D) Student Position In Single Cell Cancer Biology, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 3 hours ago
At the Department of Oncology-Pathology basic, translational and clinical research and educational activities related to cancer is carried out. Approximately 300 people from over 40 nations are cu...