The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research ' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
The molecular mechanisms driving aging are embedded within complex physiologic networks. At long time-scales, these mechanisms exhibit emergent, collective behaviour that is both a fascinating topic and a fundamental barrier for traditional experimental approaches to establish molecular-level causality.
To understand biological aging and develop effective therapies against it, we need better and more quantitative approaches that can rapidly characterize the multiple, complex causal pathways through which molecular-level changes determine systems-level dynamics.
The Dynamics of Living Systems group is an interdisciplinary team that pursues these goals through a mix of molecular genetics, synthetic biology, high-throughput imaging, machine learning, modelling, and math.
We are currently looking for two candidate profiles:
The group is led by Nicholas Stroustrup, PhD Systems Biology, B.S.E Electrical Engineering.
For more information, check out our research website: http://lifespanmachine.crg.eu
This is a four year, post-doctoral position funded by the European Research Council project SYSAGING.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead an open-ended project studying theoretic or computational topics related to the genetics and molecular physiology of aging
- Engage in close wet-lab / dry-lab collaborations to develop and exploit new experimental methods
- Join in regular journal clubs, departmental data clubs, and institutional symposia
- Interact with EMBL Barcelona as part of a new collaborative modeling initiative
About the lab
We are a small, international, multi-disciplinary team that combines expertise in genetics, molecular biology, physics, computational biology, and engineering. We are based in the EMBL/CRG Systems Biology Unit in Barcelona, Spain, which is an unusually great place to live and do science. We build and apply new technologies that allow us to collect the data needed to build quantitatively rigorous models of physiology.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have experience in computational biology, statistics, computational physics or computer science
- You have a first author publication
- You have interest in working in a highly interdisciplinary environment
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have experience in microbial, invertebrate, or human genetics
Education and training
- You are proficient in English
- You have highly developed organization skills
- You have analytical thinking
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: 1 year renewable up to 4 years
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: Fall 2020-Spring 2021
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section .
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Nicholas Stroustrup and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by September 20th , 2020.
Postdoctoral Position: Pancreatic Islet Splicing And Its Role In Insulin Secretion And Diabetes, Centre For Genomic Regulation, Spain, 8 days ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...
Ph D Position Data Science And Machine Learning Techniques For Predictive Modelling Of Health And..., Universitat de Barcelona, Spain, 17 days ago
As part of the EarlyCauseH2020 project,we offer an exciting PhD student position at the Universitat de Barcelona and its DataScience@UB centre, to develop algorithms and tools for predictive mode...
Ph D Position In Mechanical Interactions Between Cells And Fibrous Tissues, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 2 days ago
Department(s) Department of Biomedical Engineering Reference number V50.4610 Job description PhD project Cells are mechanically active entities that can physically deform their environments. The c...
Ph D Student In Biosciences, Victor Babes National Institute of Pathology, Romania, 14 days ago
Application is open for a doctoral position at “Victor Babes” National Institute of Pathology, Bucharest (Romania) in the frame of the project “Knowledge transfer in redox biology for developing a...
Postdoctoral Position In Neurosciences, Victor Babes National Institute of Pathology, Romania, 14 days ago
Application is open for a postdoctoral position at “Victor Babes” National Institute of Pathology, Bucharest (Romania) in the frame of the project “Knowledge transfer in redox biology for developi...
Ph D In Population Genetics, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain, 9 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...