The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research ' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
The newly established Single Cell Genomics of Tissue Regeneration lab at CRG Barcelona is looking for a Postdoc (bioinformatics), funded for 2 years, to work on a challenging interdisciplinary project in the context of leukemia stem cells and single-cell multi-omics. Our lab is part of the LekoSyStem consortium, a junior research alliance funded by the German government, which aims to dissect leukemia formation at various scales using single cell genomics. In particular, our lab’s goal is to resolve lineage dynamics in AML using a combination of single cell genome- and transcriptome sequencing. The successful candidate will lead the data analysis in this project, and be involved in coordinating data generation as well as the interactions with the consortium partners.
About the lab
Research in the lab focuses on the development of cutting-edge single-cell genomic and bioinformatic tools to study the maintenance, regulation and development of adult stem cells in health and disease, with a focus on the hematopoietic system and myeloid leukemia. In the past, we have used single-cell RNA-seq to challenge the text book model of hematopoiesis (Velten et al., 2017 ), and we have developed integrated spatial and single-cell genomic approaches to map the organization of the hematopoietic stem cell niche (Baccin et al., 2020 ). In parallel, we have developed wet-lab and computational methods for single cell genomics (e.g. Velten et al., 2015 ). Of particular importance to this project, we have developed new approaches to track leukemia sub-clones in single cell RNA-seq data (Velten et al., biorxiv ). In the new lab, we will further expand on this method in order to profile the molecular consequences of leukemia evolution at large scale.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have experience in statistical modelling
- You have willingness to interact with wet-lab and clinical scientists
- You have a first author publication from PhD
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have understanding of biology and genomics methods
Education and training
- You hold a PhD in bioinformatics or genomics, ideally with initial experience in the analysis of single cell transcriptome data
- You hold a university degree in Bioinformatics, Physics, Computer Science, Biology, or Biotechnology
- You are fluent in English
- You have good working knowledge of statistics
- You have in-depth knowledge of R and/or python
- You have knowledge of Bayesian methods (MCMC) is a plus
- You have willingness to learn new skills, possibly outside of your comfort zone. We work in a highly interdisciplinary manner.
- You have entrepreneurial spirit needed to help set up a new lab.
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: 2 years
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: April – October 2020
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section .
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Lars Velten and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 15th of February, 2020.
Postdoctoral Position In Rna Biology And Immune Cell Development, Lund University (LU), Sweden, 6 days ago
An exciting opportunity for a Postdoctoral Fellow is available within the RNA and Stem Cell Biology group of Dr. Cristian Bellodi at the Division of Molecular Hematology of the Lund Stem Cell Cent...
Two Ph D Positions In Single Cell Molecular Neurobiology (# Of Pos: 2), Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Israel, 14 days ago
The Single Cell Molecular Biology lab at Technion is growing and we currently have openings for two PhD students. The lab uses advanced high-throughput genomics data to tackle problems in neurosci...
Postdoctoral Position In Single Cell Cancer Genomics, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN SINGLE-CELL CANCER GENOMICS (ref. BAP-2020-722) The Laboratory of Translational Genetics (headed by Diether Lambrechts) at the VIB Center for Cancer Biology in KU Leuven i...
Ph D Candidate “A Computational Framework For Precision Medicine Of Hereditary Melanoma And..., Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC), Netherlands, 21 days ago
As a PhD candidate, you will work on the project “A computational framework for precision medicine of hereditary melanoma and pancreatic cancer”. You will obtain and analyze genomic, proteomic, me...
Ph D Position Procare Consortium: Prediction Of Kidney Graft Survival By Immune P, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
The departments of Nephrology and Pathology and Medical Biology collaborate in preclinical and clinical research. This project is part of the national PROCARE 2 consortium in which all Dutch kidne...
Researcher Position On Epigenetic Mechanisms Regulating Cell Adhesion And Migration Properties Of Mantle Cell Lymphoma Cells In Cellular Microenvironments, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 7 days ago
Division The Department of Laboratory of Medicine, located in Campus Flemingsberg, is one of the Karolinska Institutet’s largest departments with 7 research divisions including the Division for Bi...