Publish date February 19th 2019
TITLE: Postdoc position in the field of Energy Analytics
The Energy Systems Analytics Group announces the opening of a Postdoc position to work on research projects in the field of energy analytics. The tasks to be carried out will be focused to the modelling and optimization of complex energy systems including for instance OPF for smart grids, renewable energy sources, storage systems or electro mobility. Complementary, research activities in the field of energy data forecasting by means of statistical techniques (machine learning, times series, …).
This professional must be highly skilled in research projects and the candidate is expected to lead competitive (European and national) and industrial research projects in the field of energy analytics. Capacity to work in a team, flexible, innovative, with initiative and problem solving skills are needed. High level of analytical and synthesis skills and publication of high-level articles required.
Qualifications and experience required:
- PhD in Statistics and Operations Research, Industrial Applied Mathematics, Mathematical Engineering or similar.
- Experience in research industrial and competitive projects.
- Deep knowledge on energy systems modelling and optimization.
- Deep knowledge on programing, simulation and optimization software capabilities (Phyton, C/C++, Matlab, R, SCIP, CPLEX or equivalent)
- Knowledge on machine learning techniques.
- Relevant publications in the field of energy systems analytics.
- Experience in renewables, electric vehicle and energy storage integration.
- Experience in grid modelling and optimization.
- Experience in competitive project proposal preparation.
- Experience in industrial and competitive projects leadership.
- Experience in supervising Ms and PhD students.
- Experience as PostDoc in a research institute different to the university where the PhD was obtained.
Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Team Worker
- Initiative in Research and Innovation.
- Analytical and synthesis capabilities
Salaries will be paid in accordance with the IREC’s salary policy, depending on the candidate’s qualification and professional experience.
Send applications by email directly to email@example.com indicate in the subject “Postdoc position in the field of Energy Analytics N.Ref. 5/2019",including:
- A motivation letter with reasons for applying, qualifications and the intentions and visions for the position
- Curriculum vitae with personal, academic and professional data
- Scientific qualifications with list of publications, participation to disseminations or training events, committees or boards
Ph D Scholarship In Multidisciplinary Design Optimization Of Wind Turbines With Smart Blade Technology, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 8 hours ago
The Department of Wind Energy has a vacancy for a PhD position in the Loads and Control Section (LAC) at DTU Risø Campus. DTU Wind Energy is a mission driven university department with a vision to...
Ph D Position In Response (Esr 05): Engineering The Policy Enabled Transition To Sustainable Multi Energy Microgrids, ETH, Switzerland, 6 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Engineering Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 Region Switzerland - Zurich & Sc...
Ph D Scholarship In Data Markets For Energy Systems, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
The Department of Electrical Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark seeks a highly-talented applicant for a 3-year PhD position with focus on the proposal and analysis of data markets ...
Ph D Scholarship Investigation Of Deformation Mechanisms In Strong And Ductile Alloys, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 8 hours ago
The Section for Materials and Surface Engineering at DTU, Department of Mechanical Engineering performs research in the field of materials science and engineering involving theoretical, experiment...
Ph D Stipend In Coordinative Control Strategy Of Power Electronics And Large Scale Integration Of Renewables In The Grid (14 19065), Aalborg University, Denmark, about 16 hours ago
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Energy Technology a PhD stipend is available within the general study program Energy Technology”. The stipend is open for appointment from ...
Post Doctoral Position Low Carbon Energy Transition And Inclusive Development, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 4 days ago
UNEP DTU Partnership (UDP) is a leading international research and advisory institution on energy, climate and sustainable development. It is an independent organization within the Department for ...