Publish date February 19th 2019
TITLE: Postdoc position in the field of Energy Analytics
The Energy Systems Analytics Group announces the opening of a Postdoc position to work on research projects in the field of energy analytics. The tasks to be carried out will be focused to the modelling and optimization of complex energy systems including for instance OPF for smart grids, renewable energy sources, storage systems or electro mobility. Complementary, research activities in the field of energy data forecasting by means of statistical techniques (machine learning, times series, …).
This professional must be highly skilled in research projects and the candidate is expected to lead competitive (European and national) and industrial research projects in the field of energy analytics. Capacity to work in a team, flexible, innovative, with initiative and problem solving skills are needed. High level of analytical and synthesis skills and publication of high-level articles required.
Qualifications and experience required:
- PhD in Statistics and Operations Research, Industrial Applied Mathematics, Mathematical Engineering or similar.
- Experience in research industrial and competitive projects.
- Deep knowledge on energy systems modelling and optimization.
- Deep knowledge on programing, simulation and optimization software capabilities (Phyton, C/C++, Matlab, R, SCIP, CPLEX or equivalent)
- Knowledge on machine learning techniques.
- Relevant publications in the field of energy systems analytics.
- Experience in renewables, electric vehicle and energy storage integration.
- Experience in grid modelling and optimization.
- Experience in competitive project proposal preparation.
- Experience in industrial and competitive projects leadership.
- Experience in supervising Ms and PhD students.
- Experience as PostDoc in a research institute different to the university where the PhD was obtained.
Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Team Worker
- Initiative in Research and Innovation.
- Analytical and synthesis capabilities
Salaries will be paid in accordance with the IREC’s salary policy, depending on the candidate’s qualification and professional experience.
Send applications by email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate in the subject “Postdoc position in the field of Energy Analytics N.Ref. 5/2019",including:
- A motivation letter with reasons for applying, qualifications and the intentions and visions for the position
- Curriculum vitae with personal, academic and professional data
- Scientific qualifications with list of publications, participation to disseminations or training events, committees or boards
Two Ph D Scholarships In Advanced Battery Energy Storage Systems, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 10 hours ago
The Center for Electric Power and Energy (CEE) at the Department of Electrical Engineering invites applications for two PhD positions associated with project BOSS, Bornholm smartgrid secured by gr...
Ph D Position In The Field Of Economics Of Power To Gas (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, 13 days ago
The PhD position is part of the international research project ‘Super Power-to-Gas (SuperP2G)’, with partners from academia and business from a number of European countries. The Dutch contribution...
Ph D Position At Vito Electricity Market Design For A Low Carbon Emissions Future (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 9 days ago
PhD position at VITO Electricity Market Design for a low Carbon Emissions Future (1.0 FTE) Functie We are looking for a PhD candidate on the project 'Electricity Market Design for a low Carbon Emi...
Ph D Scholarship In Peer To Peer Markets For Heat And Electricity, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 14 days ago
The Department of Electrical Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark seeks a highly-talented applicant for a 3-year PhD position with focus on community-based and peer-to-peer markets f...
Ph D Student Position In Meteorology, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 3 hours ago
Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively...
Ph D Position In Data Science For Future Sustainability, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
About the position We have a vacancy for a PhD position at Department of Energy and Process Engineering Data science has recently emerged as a scientific field and practice of analysis of big data...