Post-Doctoral offer in silviculture and forest dynamics
The Forest Science and Technology Centre of Catalonia (CTFC), located in Solsona (Pre-Pyrenees, 120 km from Barcelona), Spain, is seeking to appoint a post-doctoral researcher to conduct applied research related to:
- The study of the dynamics and management of Mediterranean mixed forests.
- Adaptive silviculture and forest management guidelines for resilient and resistant forest landscapes.
- Forest modelling and multifunctional forest management.
TERMS OF THE APPOINTMENT
- This contract is scheduled to start on May-June 2021 (start could be delayed if necessary), with a duration of 2 years.
- The researcher will be based at CTFC in Solsona, as member of the Multifunctional Forest Management Program.
- The candidate will be involved in projects as H2020 ONEforest, LIFE MixForChange and the demonstrative project “Mixed forests for climate change adaptation".
- This is a full-time position with the possibility of contract extension.
- Gross salary will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience (between 27,000-33.000 €/year).
- Lead forests and ecological data analysis, forest modelling and the writing of scientific manuscripts and technical reports.
- Contribute to the experimental design and monitoring of permanent plots established in mixed forests along environmental gradients in different Catalan mountain ranges.
- Participate in the dissemination of results in scientific and technical meetings and knowledge transfer activities.
- Contribute to the development and management of other ongoing projects within the Program.
- Master degree in Forestry, Forest Engineering or equivalent.
- A completed PhD on Forest Sciences.
- Strong scientific CV and experience in forest dynamics, modelling and silviculture.
- Capacity to design experiments, conduct applied research and manage projects.
- Experience in geographical information management techniques and data base management.
- Writing, data visualization and statistics skills.
- Demonstrable expertise in the use of advanced statistical techniques in R.
- Fluent English.
- Fluent Spanish.
ADDITIONAL (ASSESSABLE) QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluency in exposing ideas, prepare presentations and seminars.
- Teamwork capability.
- Experience in managing R&D projects.
- Authorship of relevant publications in high impact journals.
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
The selection process is led by the Silviculture and Forest Dynamics Research Teams (Dra. Míriam Piqué and Dr. Lluís Coll), Multifunctional Forest Management Program, and will be overseen by the Management Office and the Human Resources Area of CTFC. This process consists of:
Doctoral Student In Forest Industry Production System With An Orientation To Wood Quality, Linnaeus University, Sweden, 10 days ago
Welcome to Linnaeus University Where knowledge grows. We are an international university in Småland, Sweden. Together we set knowledge in motion for a sustainable societal development. The Faculty...
Masters Scholarship For The Royal Forest & Bird Protection Society’s Force Of Nature Centennial History Project (2020), Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 23 hours ago
Study Area(s): Humanities; Science Scholarship Level: Masters Research Closing Date(s): 15 January 2021 Tenure: One year Number offered: One Value: Up to $4,000 (please see additional information)...
Ph D Position In Boreal Forest Ecology Patterns And Drivers Of Carbon Allocation And Cycling In Boreal Forests , Umeå University, Sweden, about 4 hours ago
The Department of Ecology and Environmental Science (Umeå University, Sweden) invites applicants for a PhD position in forest ecosystem ecology. The expected starting date for the PhD position is ...
Ph D Fellowships At Department Of Food And Resource Economics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 23 hours ago
Department of Food and Resource Economics (IFRO) is inviting applications for PhD scholarships to start up from 1 November 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter. IFRO carries out pure basic and a...
Envir Sci & Forestry Professional Positions Available On Campus Web Site, SUNY, United States, 5 days ago
Administrative Program Aide SG-13 Faculty Assistant Professor Environmental and Natural Resources Conservation Lecturer - Natural Resources Science, Technology and Communications ASSISTANT PROFESS...
Envir Sci & Forestry Professional Positions Available On Campus Web Site, SUNY, United States, 2 days ago
Faculty Assistant Professor Environmental and Natural Resources Conservation Lecturer - Natural Resources Science, Technology and Communications ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF QUANTITATIVE WILDLIFE/VERTE...