The Forest Science and Technology Centre of Catalonia (CTFC), located in Solsona (Pre-Pyrenees, 120 km from Barcelona), Spain, employs app. 100 staff, produces >100 scientific articles annually and has a turnover of app. 6 Mil. €/year. Further institutional information is available at: www.ctfc.cat/en .
CTFC’s research activity is organised around three programs: 1) Multifunctional Forest Management; 2) Landscape Dynamics and Biodiversity; 3) Bioeconomy and Governance. As part of the Multifunctional Forest Management program, CTFC undertakes research on adaptive silviculture to environmental changes, innovation in multi-purpose forest planning at different scales targeting different ecosystem services, related DSS and agroforestry planning, as well as fire ecology, and the prevention of large forest fires.
Within this program, CTFC is seeking to appoint a post-doctoral senior researcher to lead and conduct fundamental and applied research related to:
- Forest hydrology and ecohydrological silviculture and modelling.
- Multi-objective forest management & ecosystem services
- Modelling forest dynamics under different climate and management scenarios
TERMS OF THE APPOINTMENT
- This contract may start on July 2021 (start could be delayed to September if necessary).
- It is a full-time position with a duration of 4 years (with possibility of contract extension).
- The candidate will be based at CTFC in Solsona (NE Spain), working as member of the Multifunctional Forest Management Program (MFM).
- The candidate will be part of the coordination team of a new 4-year project related to Forest management, water provision and other ecosystem services. Especially, he/she will coordinate specific tasks on the development, calibration and validation of an eco-hydrological simulation system at stand level and for different hydrographic basin conditions, including forest dynamics, forest water balance and hydrology, and its application in specific basins.
- Based on CTFC labour categories, annual gross salary will be adjusted to the foreseen role (Project PrincipaI Investigator, Team leader) and will be commensurated with the specific profile of the selected candidate (qualifications and experience), ranging between 33,000 – 47,000 €/year.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Development (design, parametrization, programming and validation) of ecohydrological models, and implementation in specific basins.
- Applying/linking eco-hidrological models to forest dynamics and related ecosystem services at different scales, under different climate change and management scenarios.
- Co-coordination of a starting project on Forest management, water and ecosystem services at the Catalan level, including close interaction with key stakeholders.
- Project proposals preparation and fundraising.
- Publication and dissemination of results in scientific and technical meetings and knowledge transfer activities.
- Establishing and coordinating a team of Ecohydrological and forest dynamics modelling within the MFM program.
- Contribution to other institutional activities.
- A completed PhD on Forest Sciences or related suitable discipline for the main topic of this call. Master’s degree in forestry, Forests Sciences, Biology, Environmental Sciences, or equivalent is an asset.
- Expertise in programming and in using advanced statistical techniques will be an asset.
- Experience in leading and/or managing R+D projects related to the offer topic. Experience in international (especially European) research projects is an asset.
- Authorship of relevant publications in high impact journals.
- Good communication skills. Ability to interact with stakeholders.
- Experience in coordinating research groups, team management and knowledge transfer activities.
- Advanced knowledge of English and proficiency in Spanish, both spoken and written. Catalan is an asset.
- Readiness to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
The selection process is led by the Human Resources Area of CTFC. This process consists of:
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph D Fellow In Interlinking Remote Sensing Data And Forest Management, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 19 hours ago
Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management at University of Copenhagen offers a PhD scholarship in the interdisciplinary area of interlinking remote sensing and forest management, c...
Post Doctoral Position In The Research Field Of Wood Bonding Technologies, Empa, Switzerland, about 22 hours ago
Empa - the place where innovation starts Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and th...
Ph D Student In The Industrial Doctoral School: Forest Industrial Processes , Umeå University, Sweden, about 8 hours ago
New research points to a great potential for resource-efficient wood chipping and impregnation. Within the framework of the Industrial Doctoral School, we are looking for a doctoral student for a ...
Ph D Positions – Creep Mechanics Of Cellulose Materials , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 14 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Zurich, fixed-term The Institute for ...
Postdoctoral Position To Upsc, Umeå, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 12 hours ago
The Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology was founded in the late 1970s - when the College of Forestry moved to Umeå. The number of employees has since grown steadily is now around 10...
Envir Sci & Forestry Professional Positions Available On Campus Web Site, SUNY, United States, 23 days ago
Faculty ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF FOREST PATHLOGY & FOREST HEALTH Assistant Professor Environmental and Natural Resources Conservation Lecturer - Natural Resources Science, Technology and Communicati...