9 May 2023
Universidad de Alicante
- Research Field
Geography » Human geography
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
23 May 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Madrid)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Offer Starting Date
10 May 2023
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Reference Number
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
JOB POSITION: PRE-DOCTORAL RESEARCH TRAINEE (I-PI 48-23)
UNIVERSITY OF ALICANTE CALL FOR APPLICATIONS TO COVER A PRE-DOCTORAL RESEARCH CONTRACTUAL POSITION TO COLLABORATE WITH THE PROJECT "PACES: MAKING MIGRATION AND MIGRATION POLICY DECISIONS AMIDST SOCIETAT TRANSFORMATIONS" FROM THE DEPARTMTENT OF HUMAN GEOGRAPHY.
Funding agency: European Commission
Reference: Horizon Europe
- Job position: pre-doctoral research trainee.
- Working hours: 37.5 hours a week in morning/evening sessions.
- Remuneration: €1,260.84 gross/monthly (plus extra payments in accordance with current regulations).
- Estimated duration of the contract: one year.
In any case, the duration of the contract will be linked to the duration of the project and its budgetary availability.
In accordance with the provisions of the agreement of the Governing Council of 27 January 2022, which approves the University of Alicante 4th Plan for equal opportunities between women and men, it is hereby stated that there is no under-representation of either gender in the category of pre-doctoral research trainee.
Collaborate in the research project “PACES: Making migration and migration policy decisions amidst societal transformations)” performing the following tasks:
- Research in the field of migration in Spain and the Maghreb:
- Fieldwork conducting interviews and questionnaires.
- Transcription of interviews and tabulation of surveys.
- Analysis and preparation of reports.
Any other task related to the job position that may arise from the excution of the project.
Applicant’s profile. Preference will be given to:
- Those with experience and training in the tasks related to this job position and to the field of migration and mobility between Spain and the Maghreb.
- Languages: Arabic and Algerian dialect.
- Qualification: Master's degree related to migration and development cooperation.
Compliance with the requirements listed below must always refer to the date of expiry of the deadline for the submission of applications and must be maintained until the date of entering into the contract.
- Hold or be in the process of obtaining and undergraduate degree with a minimum of 300 ECTS (European Crerdit Transfer System) credits or a Master's degree.
- Meet the academic requirements for admission to the University of Alicante PhD degree in Business, Economics and Society. The document accrediting admission to this doctoral programme must be submitted when signing the contract.
- Willingness to travel in Spain and the Maghreb.
- Be a Spanish national or be in one of the situations listed in article 57 of Royal Legislative Decree 5/2015, of 30 October, which approves the revised text of the Act on the Basic Statute of Public Employees (BOE of 31 October). In the case established in point 4 of this article, when entering into the employment contract, the successful applicant must be a legal resident in Spain.
- Be at least 16 years of age and not exceed the maximum compulsory retirement age.
- Possess the physical and mental capacities and aptitudes that are necessary for the performance of the corresponding functions or tasks, for which, prior to the signing of the contract, a medical certificate must be provided certifying the possession of said capacities and aptitudes. For these purposes, medical examinations may be carried out through the medical assistance provided by the University of Alicante Occupational Health Service.
- Must not have been dismissed by disciplinary proceedings from the service of any of the Public Administrations or of the constitutional or statutory bodies of the Spanish Autonomous Regions, nor have been totally or specially disqualified for public employment by a court decision, for access to the civil service, or to perform duties similar to those performed by non-tenured staff in public administrations, in which they had been dismissed or disqualified. If you are a national of another State, you must not be in a situation of disqualification or equivalent, nor have been subjected to a disciplinary or equivalent sanction that prevents, under the same terms, access to public employment in your State.
https://www.boua.ua.es/es/acuerdo/38661 (IN SPANISH)
Not a civil servant
- Research Field
- Geography » Human geography
- Education Level
- Number of offers available
- Universidad Alicante
- San Vicente del Raspeig
- Postal Code
- Ctra. San Vicente del Raspeig, s/n
Where to apply
San Vicente del Raspeig
Carretera San Vicente del Raspeig s/n
- Postal Code
00 34 965 90 9470
Ph D Student (F/M/D)Department Of Forest Economics And Sustainable Land Use Planning, Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 15 hours ago
PhD student (f/m/d) Stellen-ID: 2639 Facility: Department of Forest Economics and Sustainable Land Use Planning Contact person: Prof. Carola Paul email@example.com 0551 39 26762 Date of ...
Ph D Position On Thermonuclear Burning From Accreting Compact Objects , NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway, about 17 hours ago
22nd October 2023 Languages English English English The Department of physics has a vacancy for a PhD POSITION ON THERMONUCLEAR BURNING FROM ACCRETING COMPACT OBJECTS Apply for this job See advert...
Ph D Student “New Microfluidic Approaches For Detection Of Ultrafine Particles”, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Mechanical Engineering Reference number V35.6945 Job description Ultrafine particles (UFPs) are an important component that determines indoor air quality (I...
Phd Position On Thermonuclear Burning From Accreting Compact Objects, NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
About the job We welcome applications for one PhD position at the Department of Physics of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), in collaboration with the Polytechnic Universi...
Ph D Position (Dc1) On Quantum Resistant Communications, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
The Department of Electrical Engineering of the Eindhoven University of Technology has an open PhD position in Architectural consideration on PQC accelerators-based ARM processors. Irène Curie Fel...
Ph D Position (Dc2) On Quantum Resistant Communications, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 11 days ago
The Department of Electrical Engineering of the Eindhoven University of Technology has an open PhD position in Co-integration of quantum communication with PQC key systems. Irène Curie Fellowship ...