CiTIUS, the Research Centre on Intelligent Technologies of the University of Santiago de Compostela, is seeking two postdoctoral researchers for a two years contract.
Description and Research Objectives
We are looking for candidates with a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related fields, and a good record of scientific publications in top conferences and scientific journals, within the topics of interest shown below. We also expect self-motivated candidates who are able to work both independently as well as in a team. Fluent English is essential.
We are willing to support applications related to one of our Scientific Programmes:
- Machine Learning
- Advanced Computing
- Approximate Processing
- Personal Robots
- Semiconductor Devices and Autonomous Sensors
- Natural Language Technologies
- Artificial Vision
Full-time contract with a gross salary of about 2.500€/month (14 payments per year, i.e. 35.000€ annual gross salary). It includes medical care coverage and work accident insurance through the Spanish Health System, as well as pension and unemployment benefits.
Duration: temporary contract for a period of 2 years.
The estimated starting date is May/June 2020.
- Scientific leadership.
- Highly motivated candidates with an excellent scientific track-record.
- Fluent English is essential.
- The ideal candidate will be organized, hard-working and have the ability to work in a team and interdisciplinary environment.
- Good communication skills.
Evaluation and selection procedure
- PhD in an area related to Intelligent Technologies (up to 10 points)
- Scientific achievements: publications in the scientific topics of CiTIUS programme. Participation in R&D activities. (up to 40 points)
- Motivation letter, outlining background and experience, the 5 most relevant research results and a brief research proposal aligned with CiTIUS’ Scientific Programmes (up to 15 points)
- English level C1 or higher (up to 10 points)
- Personal interview (only the 3 candidates with the highest score and with at least 60 points in the other items) (up to 25 points)
Our research Centre
CiTIUS is a research centre specialised in Intelligent Technologies located in Santiago de Compostela, Spain. Currently, the Centre has a team of more than 100 researchers, including 31 senior researchers, selected by an external Scientific Advisory Board. In the last 4 years (2016-2019), CiTIUS has attracted funding of over 10,5M€, of which more than 2,7M€ are from projects in collaboration with the industry sector. Currently, the centre has 9 international projects under development. In the same period, CiTIUS published over 150 articles in indexed journals (SCI-Scopus) and defended 38 PhD thesis. CiTIUS also transferred 15 software licenses and created 2 spin-offs, Situm and Imagames. CiTIUS also collaborates with relevant companies such as Indra, Finsa, Everis, Johnson&Johnson or Mestrelab Research among others.
Working at CiTIUS
CiTIUS provides a stimulating, interdisciplinary and cutting-edge scientific environment, where our researchers can foster and develop their scientific career in an international team. Among others, we offer:
State-of-the art research facilities and career development opportunities.
- Be in contact and work in international research projects.
- Flexible working schedule. CiTIUS is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees.
- Training Programme in transversal skills which aims to enhance future employability and career success of our researchers including among others, intellectual property rights, technology transfer, entrepreneurship, dissemination and outreach.
- Possibility to participate in dissemination events with industry and outreach activities with scholars, organised throughout the year.
- Access to university facilities: gym, sport activities, Spanish courses, etc.
The application must be submitted electronically via the University of Santiago de Compostela website using the application form found in the following link: https://sede.usc.es/formularios/solicitudes/contratacion.htm
Reference number of the call: 4/2020_I
Reference number of the position: 2019-PG064.00_I
This form must contain information of research background and work experience, including:
PDF document of the Curriculum Vitae, highlighting the merits that are established as evaluation criteria in the above section.
A motivation letter outlining background and experience, the 5 most relevant research results and a brief research proposal aligned with CiTIUS’ Scientific Programs (2 pages).
Sworn statement in which the candidate declares under his responsibility, that he meets the requirements of the call and can prove it on the deadline of applications.
Candidates are encouraged to contact the CiTIUS Knowledge Management and Transfer Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance or for any information related to the application process. When contacting, please indicate the position reference in the subject line (Post-doc position 2019-PG064.00_I).
Closing date for applications: 11/04/2020 at 23h59 CET (UCT +01h00)
2 Early Stage Research Positions For The Msca Etn Project Menelaos Nt, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Spain, 26 days ago
CiTIUS is looking for 2 outstanding PhD researchers in the framework of the H2020 project MENELAOS NT: Multimodal Environmental Exploration Systems Novel Technologies.MENELAOSNT is a European Train...
Open Positions: 2 Early Stage Research Positions For The Msca Etn Project Menelaos Nt, CiTIUS - Research Centre in Intellignt Technologies, Spain, 8 days ago
CiTIUS, the Research Centre in Intelligent Technologies of the University of Santiago de Compostela, is looking for 2 outstanding PhD researchers in the framework of the H2020 project MENELAOS_NT -...
Global Talent 2020 Research Associate, IGFAE - Galician Institute of High Energy Physics, Spain, about 2 hours ago
Position ID:University of Santiago de Compostela -IGFAE - Galician Institute of High Energy Physics -GTALENT2020 [#15498] Position Title: Position Type:Non-regular rank faculty Position Location:...
3 Full Time Early Stage Researcher (Esr) Positions At Heat N Mof Project (# Of Pos: 3), Fundacion IMDEA Energia, Europe, 20 days ago
We are happy to announce the availability of 3 Early Stage Researcher (ESR) positions of EU Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) funded by the HeatNMof H2020 project, an EU Innovative Training Ne...
Postdoctoral Scientist Earth Sciences, Center for Climate and Resilience Research, Chile, 9 days ago
The Center for Climate and Resilience Research (CR2, http://www.cr2.cl/ ) is a center of excellence created in 2013 with funding from the National Commission for Scientific and Technological Resea...
Research Associate (Postdoc) In Signal Processing And Communications (# Of Pos: 3), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 27 days ago
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University. The University of Luxembourg is seeking to hire a highly motivated and an outstanding researcher in the area of r...