ICN2 PhD Programme
The ICN2 offers a competitive PhD Programme to talented students who wish to develop a research career at one of the top European institutions in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology. Selected students will have the opportunity to develop their PhD thesis in a topic at the cutting-edge of nanoresearch in a stimulating environment with access to outstanding research infrastructure.
Selected candidates will benefit from the ICN2 PhD Programme, which comprises a structured training path with scientific seminars, and technical and transferable skills training throughout the duration of their PhD, plus periodical monitoring and evaluation activities. The objective is to provide students all the support they need for the proper development of their research career.
The ICN2 actively promotes international and interdisciplinary research. As such our PhD students are strongly encouraged to undertake mobility actions, such as research visits abroad (including industrial placements), collaborations with national and international partners, and conference and workshop attendance. The overall goal is to maximise the student's career prospects after completing their PhD, improving their chances of continuing their research at prominent institutions worldwide in academia and/or industry.
Research areas and groups:
Selected candidates are expected to carry out their research in one of the following scientific fields:
- CROSS-DISCIPLINARY RESEARCH
- Growth and synthesis of nanomaterials
- Characterisation and metrology
- Theory and simulation
- APPLICATION AREAS OF RESEARCH
- Energy and environment
- Information and communication technologies
During the application process, candidates will be asked to select the ICN2 research group(s) they would like to join. Please visit the profiles of our groups at http://icn2.cat/en/research
Candidates must fulfil the following requirements:
- Have obtained a Master or equivalent degree in a field of science related to ICN2 research activities or group they would like to join by the date of incorporation.
- Have an excellent academic record and strong commitment to scientific research. Previous research experience is highly regarded.
- High level of English.
- Specific additional eligibility requirements may apply depending on the funding schemes available.
For any further clarification as to these requirements, applicants should contact email@example.com prior to submitting an application.
Research career profile (based on the European Framework for Research Careers):
First Stage Researcher (R1)
Summary of conditions:
- The candidates pre-selected for this programme will need to apply for competitive fellowships in order to secure the funding required to formalise their contract. The ICN2 will provide full support to these candidates for the preparation of their fellowship applications. Candidates who are successful in their applications will be admitted to the ICN2 PhD Programme, and will benefit from:
- Full-time working contract as a PhD researcher. Contracts include medical care under the Spanish public healthcare system and workplace accident insurance.
- Relocation support.
- ICN2 social benefits: life insurance, flexible timetable, flexible compensation package.
- Training and monitoring programme: Students admitted to the ICN2 PhD Programme will have full access to the scientific, technical and transferable skills training and relevant monitoring activities organised each year.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 careers website and include the following:
After submitting their application, the applicant will receive confirmation of receipt by email. For additional information in the application procedure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection of candidates will be based on their academic qualifications and research excellence. The estimated call calendar is as follows:
11 July 2019
Deadline for applications
6 September 2019*
ICN2 Recruitment Committee
Notification to candidates
* Applications will be reviewed continuously and vacancies may be filled before the deadline due to the scholarship calendar. Do not wait until the deadline for your application.
The ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and the inclusion of people with disabilities.
25 Ph D Positions Within The Doctoral Programme Talent At The Faculty Of Science, University Of Copenhagen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 23 hours ago
25 PhD positions within the Doctoral Program TALENT at the Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen - co-funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under the M...
Ph D Student In Theory And Implementation Of Dependently Typed Programming Languages (Ewi2020 01), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
PhD Student in Theory and Implementation of Dependently Typed Programming Languages Department/faculty: Faculty Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science Level: University Graduate ...
Ph D Fellowships In Theoretical Computer Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 23 hours ago
Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen (DIKU) is offering PhD positions in theoretical computer science commencing 1 September 2020 or as soon as possible t...
Ph D Position In Quantum Optomechanics At Center For Hybrid Quantum Networks, Hy Q, Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 23 hours ago
We are looking for highly motivated, excellent candidates with a master’s degree in physics or related fields, to advance our research in the field of quantum optomechanics. Project description Th...
Postdoctoral Position (Md, Ph D, Md/Ph D) In Gender Medicine , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 10 days ago
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Zurich and Center for Molecular Cardiology, University of Zurich Postdoctoral Position (MD, PhD, MD/PhD) in Gender Medicine 100 % A joint postdo...
Ph D Position On Correlative Super Resolution Microscopy Of Nanoparticles, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
Department(s) Department of Applied Physics Reference number V34.4269 Job description Research Colloidal particles are microscopic or even nanoscopic particles whose surfaces can be functionalised...