2 PhD Students at the Smart Nano-Bio-Devices Research Group
Introduction to the vacant position:
The Smart Nano-Bio-Devices Group is looking for (2) two Early Stage Researcher (PhD students) to develop their PhD thesis project on the development of self-propelled nanomotors for biomedical applications. The contract will be within the framework of ERC-Consolidator Grant (i-NanoSwarms) which aims at studying the collective behaviour of active nanoparticles, their cooperative motion, guidance through chemotaxis, and their interactions with biological systems.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Synthesis of nanoparticles for smart and precision medicine.
- Enzyme functionalization which provides motion of the nanoparticles: video analysis, tracking of swarms of nanoparticles, full characterization of the nanosystems.
- Cell culture of different cell lines to study nanoparticle interactions and internalization.
- Understanding the collective motion of chemically active nanoparticles.
- Interaction of nanoparticles with biological matrices, cells and tissues.
- Physics of artificial active matter.
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and Master on any field on chemistry, physics, nanotechnology, biomedical engineering, biotechnology and biomedicine and related.
- Multidisciplinary qualifications (Physics/Math’s, Physics/Engineering, Bio/medicine. etc.) and/or knowledge on synthesis of nanoparticles (specifically on active matter, nanomedicine, or self-propelled nanomotors will be a plus).
- We look for two different profiles within the same project, from biomedicine, chemistry to physics, but with multidisciplinary team work capabilities,
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English
Additional experience that will be also valuable:
- Experience working in programming for particle tracking.
- Experience in enzyme catalysis
- Experience in drug delivery systems
- Number of available positions:2
- Starting date: 1.10.2022
- Working conditions:
- Full time 3-year contract.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
Until September 10th an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu
Ph D Position “Village In A Dish” Cell Culture Models To Study The Mechanobiology Of Human Disease", Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
Every person is unique and so understanding how to optimally treat or prevent disease requires personalized cell culture models in order to disentangle genetic and environmental factors that deter...
Ph D Position Quantitative Biology: Metabolism In Mediating Functions Of Tumor Suppressor/Oncogenes , University of Basel, Switzerland, 2 days ago
PhD position quantitative biology: metabolism in mediating functions of tumor suppressor/oncogenes 100%, starting date 01.01.2023 The Zampieri group offers multiple research opportunities for PhD ...
Sb – Ph D Scolarship In Hybri Metal Organic Nanostructure Engineering For Photonics, EPFL, Switzerland, 3 days ago
A 3-year PhD scholarship in Organic Chemistry and Photophysical studies is available starting from January 1, 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter. The project will be carried out as a collabora...
Postdoctoral Position In Molecular Biology – University Of Toronto, Canadian Society for Molecular Biosciences CSMB, Canada, about 18 hours ago
The Rhee Lab at the University of Toronto Mississauga has one or two postdoctoral positions available for candidates with expertise in molecular biology, cell biology, or related biological areas....
Postdoc Or Ph D Student In Unfolded Protein Response In Gut Homeostasis, VIB, Belgium, 2 days ago
About the lab and the project The VIB Center for Inflammation Research is part of the VIB Life Sciences institute and is connected to Ghent University. Our center focuses on the mechanisms driving...
Ph D Position (F/M/D) In The Field Of Antiviral Immunology , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 20 hours ago
06.09.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal In a DFG-funded project on infection of the liver with hepatitis B viruses, we are characterizing the immune determinants for control of infection vs failur...