Current Student Administration
1) Oversee Graduate Coursework (M.Sc) Programs
When adequate experience has been procured on the job, the candidate is expected to assume the lead in overseeing the MSc programs.
With the assistance of team members, some of the job duty includes (not exhaustive)
- Review/shortlisting of applicants
- Administration of current student matters (shadow MAO on timetabling, assisting students with needs, etc)
- Exam processing.
2) Module Registration
- Process MEng/PhD/EngD student module registration.
- Batch insertion of seminar & research attachment modules for research students.
- Assistance in other ad-hoc graduate student module registration matters.
3) Graduate Seminars
- Data entry of seminar attendance and presentation by MEng/PhD/EngD students.
- Tracking of seminar fulfilment.
- Organisation of Dept level seminars.
- Maintenance of seminar attendance and presentation procedure webpage.
- Addressing student queries, etc.
- Follow-up with examiners and students on thesis examination.
- Scheduling of PhD oral defence.
- E-survey tracking for PhD students who completed oral defence.
- Processing of honorariums for external examiners.
- Maintenance of thesis submission procedures webpage.
- Logging of student who submitted theses in Student Liability system for the respective labs to follow-up on clearance of students’ liabilities.
5) Assistance in student welcome briefing sessions.
- Assisting in PhD QEs during absence of MAO admin officer administering this duty.
6) Assistance in processing student claims for Graduate Student Committee, Graduate Student Symposium, etc.
- Exam duty
- Minutes writing for PG meetings (where applicable)
- Admin support to Microwave & Radio Frequency (RF) research group
7) Other ad-hoc duties.
- Possess a recognised Bachelor degree.
- Good business acumen with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Mature, customer-centric, with good interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with team members, internal and external customers.
- Self-driven, organized and meticulous.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, and multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Open to fixed term contract with permanent staff equivalent benefits
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible:
Job requisition ID : 12483
Accelerating Creativity And Excellence (Ace), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 15 days ago
ACE (Accelerating Creativity and Excellence) aims to spark bold, creative and unconventional ideas at the intersections of research disciplines. ACE wants to provide unfettered support for outstan...