The YST Student Life Office oversees and operationalizes the full student enrolment cycle from conducting regular outreach activities to market for admissions, facilitating and conducting auditions locally and overseas annually, providing student services and support for over 200 students including counselling and discipline during term time, as well as leading efforts in annual class giving and continuing with alumni engagement after graduation.
The successful candidate is responsible for engaging students in a wide variety of wellness initiatives with a focus on inclusion and diversity, mental wellness and building a culture of respect and consent among students. The role also assists in admission outreach.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in coordinating the YST Conservatory’s Freshmen Orientation Programme
- Provide pastoral care and support to students facing problems in adjusting to university life, particularly international students in their first year.
- Provide advice to students facing emotional difficulties affecting their general well-being and academic performance.
- Provide support to students facing problems in studies as raised by the Year Coordinators and YST Student Life Committee.
- Closely monitor students with anxiety issues as raised by counsellors.
- Drive the engagement and outreach of wellness programmes to improve the mental well-being of students.
- Create awareness of inclusion and diversity, mental wellness, and a culture of respect and consent among students.
- Help students become more connected with ways to develop a positive mind to face challenges.
- Conduct exit interviews and assist in career counselling for graduating students.
- Faculty liaison and coordinator for school outreach programmes
- Faculty liaison for NUS Open Day
- A recognized University degree.
- Self-driven, proactive, organized and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Meticulous and able to manage multiple priorities effectively and deliver work under time pressure.
- A keen interest in working in a university setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Music background preferred
- Experience in counselling and student support an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word and Excel).
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music
Department : Dean's Office (YST Conservatory of Music)
Employee Referral Eligible:
Job requisition ID : 12248
Ph D Scholarship Available At Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 26 days ago
We are looking for a European candidate who is interested to pursue a full-time Doctor’s Degree in Philosophy at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. The programme will start from January ...