The primary mission of the Registrar’s Office (RO) is to facilitate the academic experience of students enrolled in the University, from the time of registration to graduation.
RO is responsible for keeping all student records (past and present) and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of such records; and for providing the secretariat to the University’s Senate. In relation to this latter responsibility, we help to enforce and implement academic and administrative policies; as well as provide assistance in the development of, and modifications to, such policies and procedures that will best serve the University community.
The candidate for this position will be part of a dynamic team in the Student Administration (Undergraduate) Section responsible for providing a range of support functions for the department to facilitate the academic experiences of students enrolled in the University.
The incumbent reports to the Section Head in-charge and works with minimal day-to-day supervision. Specific duties include:
A. Student Administration:
• Handle the following matters related to undergraduate students:
(i) Effectively manage and assist in the following activities in an accurate and timely manner:
- Student administration processes such as data requests, exam processing and result release, official statistics publication and reporting etc.
- Updating of student data and/or verification of updates
- Verification of students’ status or data with faculties
- Withdrawal, termination and re-admission
(ii) Explain policies and advise on work procedures. Streamline work processes and procedures as well as develop solutions to problems.
B. System Management:
• Support and maintain the Education Records system (EduRec) which include the following:
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues encountered by end-users and if necessary, elevate issues to management.
- Assist in data cleansing or rectifying data errors made by end-users.
- Participate in defining the requirements and testing of queries/reports for processes within focus areas.
- Participate in the application of System Maintenance and Feature Packs.
• Oversee completion of system enhancements within focus areas, which includes gathering of business requirements, facilitating User Acceptance Testing and conducting briefing sessions for end-users.
• Assist in developing/updating training materials for processes within focus areas, as well as conducting training sessions to ensure end-users are suitably acquainted with EduRec and workflows so as to continue working effectively and efficiently.
C. Other Duties:
• Prepare and/or revise various documentation e.g., work manuals, correspondences, publicity material (print versions as well as online versions on the RO website), standard forms, legal documents (e.g., scholarship deeds), reports (based on regular and/or ad-hoc requests) as related to the scope of work.
• Represent RO as a knowledgeable liaison with the University community (i.e. other administrative offices, as well as academic units) and interested external parties (e.g. various ministries and government organizations) on all academic policies and procedures affecting students.
• Perform other administrative duties, and/or participate in regular and ad-hoc projects, as may be assigned. These include:
- Registration/matriculation duty officials (during new student registration periods)
- Examination venue administrators (during semestral examination periods)
. - Commencement duty officials (during Commencement periods)
- Serving as member/secretary on any committees and/or task forces in relation to the making and/or implementation of academic/administrative policies.
• University degree
• Relevant work experience in an education environment will be an advantage
• Proficient in MS Office applications
• Experience in / Exposure to the following will be an advantage:
- PeopleSoft Campus Solutions modules (in particular, Campus Community, Student Records, Student Financials, Campus Self-Service)
• Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
• Organised and able to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Team player with good problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
Associate, Student Administration (1 Year), Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 10 hours ago
Associate, Student Administration (1 year) Apply now Job no:494952 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Administration/Secretarial The primary mission of the Office of Stude...
Postdoctoral Positions At Singapore University Of Technology And Design (Sutd) (# Of Pos: 2), Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore, about 2 months ago
The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) is now accepting applications for post-doctoral research fellow positions in air transportation. Successful candidates will join an active ...