NUS Libraries (Central Library), Tech Central is a newly created technology-enabled space. This space includes a 360 visualisation cylinder (360imx), immersive reality space (TEL Imaginarium), Digital Scholarship Lab and recording studio provide a technology playground for the NUS community to experiment with immersive technology in teaching, learning and research. The 360imx will enrich students’ experience as content can be taught in an interactive and fully immersive manner through 360 degree video and sound capabilities simulation in the digital environment.
The DS librarian/assistant manager will create and manage project/s to promote the 360imx as a showpiece technology that would inspire students, faculty and researchers to use the space to create one of a kind fully immersive, highly engaging experience to encourage innovation, interdisciplinary studies and research.
The successful candidate will also be evaluating, implementing, promoting and teaching a range of digital tools/methods, for e.g. text analysis, mining, and/or scholarly encoding, GIS, data visualization, social network analysis, 3-D game development, digital archives, and more, to effectively engage a variety of stakeholders in the spheres of research, teaching and research grant applications.
We seek a highly enthusiastic, knowledgeable, creative and innovative professional librarian with relevant IT skills and experience for the position to support faculty, researchers and student on the use of digital tools and methodologies in research and learning through consultations, project support, workshops and training programs, and curricular engagement.
• Develop the capacity of faculty and researchers in using digital tools and methods through consultations, workshops and training programs, and curricular engagement
• Actively seek collaborations to work with faculty and researchers in planning effective and sustainable digital projects
• Manage a portfolio of digital scholarship projects in close collaboration with key stakeholders
• Keep abreast of digital scholarly and pedagogical methodologies and introduce the use tools and skills to help the faculty, researchers and students achieve their goals
• Identify relevant best practices and standards in digital scholarship
• Develop workflows and processes for digital scholarship projects
• Work closely with Digital Innovation Manager to ensure the provision of cutting-edge spaces for supporting digital scholarship research and instruction
• Postgraduate Degree in Library and Information Management is preferred
• Familiar with Digital Scholarship tools and methods
• Knowledge of current DS trends, and demonstrate expertise in the application of one or more of the following digital research tools and approaches: GIS tools and methods, data visualization, text mining and analysis, data encoding standards, image analysis, 3D visualization and modelling
• Experience with Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality/Mixed Reality development using Unity Engine is advantageous
• Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in a research setting is preferred
• Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders with varying levels of experience to meet their digital scholarship needs
• Experience in providing consultation as well as teaching or conducting workshops on DS tools and methods to faculty and students
• Demonstrated ability to engage, build partnerships and work collaboratively with faculty/researchers across disciplines, and articulate opportunities of digital research to scholars and Library Professionals
• Experience with agile project management, planning, implementing and managing DS research projects in an academic setting, including post-completion project review and evaluation is advantageous
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills as well as teaching, presentation and public speaking skills
• Excellent analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above, are dynamic and innovative, we invite you to submit a complete application with the following documents in ONE pdf file in the CV upload section:
• Cover letter which addresses your suitability for the position
• Detailed CV
• Copies of your qualifications
• Indication of current and expected remuneration
The starting salary is competitive and will commensurate with qualifications and experience. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: NUS Libraries
Department : Education & Learning Services
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 12606
Ph D Scholarship Available At Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 26 days ago
We are looking for a European candidate who is interested to pursue a full-time Doctor’s Degree in Philosophy at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. The programme will start from January ...