- 1 opening for Scientific Research Assistant (Ph.D. student) within the frame of the research project `Coming to Terms with National History and Participation in Contemporary Memorialization of the Holocaust in Central and Eastern European Post-communist Countries` (Holocaust Memoryscapes) financed by the UEFISCDI with grant no PN-III-P1-1.1-TE-2016-0811;
- Temporary position for a period of 3 months;
- Apply until August 28th, 03.00 PM with a research project;
- September 3rd- evaluation of the projects;
- September 6th- interview.
The ` Elie Wiesel` National Institute for the Study of the Holocaust in Romania announces the opening of one position of Scientific Researcher, for a period of 3 months, within the frame of the research project financed by UEFISCDI `Coming to Terms with National History and Participation in Contemporary Memorialization of the Holocaust in Central and Eastern European Post-communist Countries` (Holocaust Memoryscapes).
The project is addressed to independent researchers 40 years old or less.
Your tasks as a researcher within the project will be:
- To write a study in English, 8000 words maximum (Times New Roman, 12, 1.5 distance between the lines, Harvard Style quoting) to be included in a collective volume published by the research team;
- To attend the international conference organized within the project Holocaust Memoryscapes in October 2019 (the working language at the conference will be English);
- To permanently update your scientific profile registered on BrainMap (www.brainmap.ro )
The topic of the competition refers to the Contemporary Memorialization of the Holocaust in post-communist countries in Central and Eastern Europe. In accordance with this general topic, we are interested in research projects that analyze from a comparative, synchronous or diachronic perspective, the mechanisms for memorialization of the Holocaust in post-communist European contexts, whether carried out or not under the authority of the state (e.g. activities developed by national and international NGOs, elites, social groups or other individual actors) as well as figurative or non-figurative memorial forms (museums, memorials, memorial plaques or other memorial symbols) or discursive of these processes (Holocaust commemorations, speeches that animated the building of Holocaust memorial spaces, testimonies that contribute to the (re) production of the social memory of the Holocaust).
The issue outlined above includes, but not exhaustively, the following selection of themes:
- Tools of promoting Holocaust memory in post-communist countries in Central and Eastern Europe (study cases);
- Historical consciousness and ideological debate in committing with the Holocaust;
- Mechanisms for the internalization of the memory of the Holocaust;
- The conflicts of memories in contemporary society;
- Holocaust memorialization through patrimonial forms;
- Cultural memory and Jewish heritage management;
- Jewish built-in heritage: preservation and memorial practices;
- Feelings determined by the process of building the public memory of the Holocaust;
- The social impact of the Holocaust`s perception;
- Tourist experiences at the Holocaust memorial sites.
Ph D Candidate: Heritages Of Hunger, Subproject 4 (40 Hours Per Week), Radboud University, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
40 hours per week Maximum gross monthly salary: € 2,972 Faculty of Arts Job level: Research University Degree Duration of the contract: 4 years Application deadline: 28 October 2019 We are looking...
Ph D Position In Chemistry And Nanotechnology, ETH, Switzerland, 21 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Material Sciences Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 Region Switzerland - Zuric...
Ph D Position In Chemistry And Nanotechnology , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 2 hours ago
100%, Zurich, temporary The Chemistry and Materials Design Group is looking for a highly-motivated and enthusiastic PhD student to strengthen our efforts in liquid-phase synthesis of nanomaterials...
Post Doctoral Fellow, Drexel University, United States, 1 day ago
Post Doctoral Fellow Apply now Job no: 492883 Work type: Full-Time Location: University City Categories: School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems, Drexel University, Profession...
Indigenous Student Engagement And Recruitment Specialist, University of Alberta, Canada, 5 days ago
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Reporting to the Recruitment, Engagement, & Communications Officer, the Indigenous Student ...
Ph D Candidate In Cultural Heritage, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 1 hour ago
Research at the Faculty of Humanities is carried out by six research schools under the aegis of the Amsterdam Institute for Humanities Research . The Amsterdam School for Heritage, Memory and Mate...