- 1 opening for Scientific Research Assistant (Ph.D. student) within the frame of the research project `Coming to Terms with National History and Participation in Contemporary Memorialization of the Holocaust in Central and Eastern European Post-communist Countries` (Holocaust Memoryscapes) financed by the UEFISCDI with grant no PN-III-P1-1.1-TE-2016-0811;
- Temporary position for a period of 3 months;
- Apply until August 28th, 03.00 PM with a research project;
- September 3rd- evaluation of the projects;
- September 6th- interview.
The ` Elie Wiesel` National Institute for the Study of the Holocaust in Romania announces the opening of one position of Scientific Researcher, for a period of 3 months, within the frame of the research project financed by UEFISCDI `Coming to Terms with National History and Participation in Contemporary Memorialization of the Holocaust in Central and Eastern European Post-communist Countries` (Holocaust Memoryscapes).
The project is addressed to independent researchers 40 years old or less.
Your tasks as a researcher within the project will be:
- To write a study in English, 8000 words maximum (Times New Roman, 12, 1.5 distance between the lines, Harvard Style quoting) to be included in a collective volume published by the research team;
- To attend the international conference organized within the project Holocaust Memoryscapes in October 2019 (the working language at the conference will be English);
- To permanently update your scientific profile registered on BrainMap (www.brainmap.ro )
The topic of the competition refers to the Contemporary Memorialization of the Holocaust in post-communist countries in Central and Eastern Europe. In accordance with this general topic, we are interested in research projects that analyze from a comparative, synchronous or diachronic perspective, the mechanisms for memorialization of the Holocaust in post-communist European contexts, whether carried out or not under the authority of the state (e.g. activities developed by national and international NGOs, elites, social groups or other individual actors) as well as figurative or non-figurative memorial forms (museums, memorials, memorial plaques or other memorial symbols) or discursive of these processes (Holocaust commemorations, speeches that animated the building of Holocaust memorial spaces, testimonies that contribute to the (re) production of the social memory of the Holocaust).
The issue outlined above includes, but not exhaustively, the following selection of themes:
- Tools of promoting Holocaust memory in post-communist countries in Central and Eastern Europe (study cases);
- Historical consciousness and ideological debate in committing with the Holocaust;
- Mechanisms for the internalization of the memory of the Holocaust;
- The conflicts of memories in contemporary society;
- Holocaust memorialization through patrimonial forms;
- Cultural memory and Jewish heritage management;
- Jewish built-in heritage: preservation and memorial practices;
- Feelings determined by the process of building the public memory of the Holocaust;
- The social impact of the Holocaust`s perception;
- Tourist experiences at the Holocaust memorial sites.
Graduate Student Recruitment Specialist, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
The Opportunity The Graduate Studies Deanship Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Graduate Student Recruitment Specialist who is a critical member of the graduate enrollment manageme...
Ph D Studentship Enhancing Numerical Cognition In Children , University College Dublin ;, Ireland, 3 days ago
Supervisory team: Dr. Flavia Santos The project will focus on cognitive and/or emotional components of numerical cognition, using ecological or standard tasks and possibly psychophysiological meas...
Ph D Candidate At The Donders Centre For Cognition: Neural Mechanisms Of Attention (32 40 Hours Per Week), Radboud University, Netherlands, about 12 hours ago
32 - 40 hours per week Maximum gross monthly salary: € 2,972 Faculty of Social Sciences Required background: Research University Degree Duration of the contract: 4 years Application deadline: 15 J...
Ph D Candidates Within The Erc , University of Leiden ;, Netherlands, 3 days ago
As per September 1, 2020, the Institute for History of Leiden University will appoint three PhD candidates within the ERC: Challenging the Liberal World Order from Within, The Invisible History of...
Ph D, Resurgence Of Customary Authority In Contemporary Democratic Republic Of Congo, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 8 hours ago
The Institute of Development Policy (IOB) of the University of Antwerp wants to contribute to a more just and sustainable world through multidisciplinary academic research, education, partnership...
Ph D Candidate At The Donders Center For Cognition: 'How To Grow An Internal Model: A Toolbox For The Computational Modeller' (32 40 Hours Per Week), Radboud University, Netherlands, about 12 hours ago
32 - 40 hours per week Maximum gross monthly salary: € 2,972 Faculty of Social Sciences Required background: Research University Degree Duration of the contract: 4 years Application deadline: 14 J...