RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
In the scope of the project UIDB/00195/2020 – (FibEnTech-UBI)
A call is open for the allocation of 1 (one) research fellowship for a Research Initiation Scholarship (BII), for students enrolled in the 1st cycle of studies, within the Research Project titled UIDB/00195/2020 of the research unit FibEnTech-UBI, funded by Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT), I.P./MCTES, through national funds (PIDDAC), taking place at the research unit Fibers Materials and Environmental Technologies (FibEnTech-UBI), at the Department of Chemistry of the University of Beira Interior, https://www.ubi.pt/entidade/FibEnTech , under the following conditions:
1. Research Field: Chemistry
2. Objetives – Study the removal of phosphorus, by electrochemical processes, in solutions containing organic and/or inorganic phosphorus compounds.
3. Requirements for admission and hiring: Be enrolled in a 1st cycle of studies leading to a degree in the scientific area of Chemistry, subarea of Industrial Chemistry.
If the required academic degree has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution, the requirements of Decree-Law 66/2018, of 16th August and Ministerial Order no. 33/2019, of 25th January, shall be obeyed. https://www.dges.gov.pt/en/pagina/degree-anddiploma-recognition .
The proof of registration in the 1st cycle degree is required for the fellowhip contractualization.
4. Work plan:
It is intended to study the cathodic precipitation of phosphates from solutions of compounds, organic and inorganic, containing phosphorus in its molecule. The work involves the following steps:
a) To study the influence of applied potential difference and calcium concentration on the rate of calcium phosphate precipitation from model solutions of an organophosphate compound, the pesticide glyphosate, and from inorganic orthophosphate solutions.
b) Monitor the mechanism of oxidation of the organophosphate compound through cyclic voltammetry and linear scanning voltammetry.
c) Identify the composition of the precipitates obtained through X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy and X-ray scattering energy and relate the composition with the different applied experimental conditions.
5. Applicable legislation and regulations:
Research Fellowship Holder Statute, approved by Law No. 40/2004, of 18 August, in its current wording (amended by Decree-Law No. 123/2019, of 28 August); Regulation for Research Studentships and Fellowships of the Foundation for Science and Technology (Regulation No. 950/2019) published in the Diário da República, 2nd series, No. 241, 16 December 2019; Regulation for Research Fellowships of the University of Beira Interior - RBIUBI (Regulation No. 100/2020) published in the Diário da República, 2nd series, n.º 27 February 2020.
6. Work location: The work will be developed at the Fibers Materials and Environmental Technologies (FibEnTech-UBI), Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, Rua Marquês d'Ávila e Bolama, 6201-001 Covilhã, under the scientific supervision of Doctor Albertina Maria Mendes Marques Bento Amaro, firstname.lastname@example.org .
7. Fellowship duration and conditions – The fellowship is opened for 3 months, starting on 2nd January 2023. The activity is in regime of exclusive dedication in accordance with the .
8. Benefits – A monthly maintenance allowance will be granted in accordance with the Annex I of the RBIUBI, with the amount of 486,12 € according to the updated values that can be consulted at https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores . The fellowship holder will have a personal accident insurance and can choose to be covered by the voluntary social insurance. These values will be added to the amount of monthly maintenance allowance.
9. Eligibility criteria – The evaluation and selection process involves three steps:
1. Verification of the eligibility of applications based on the defined admission requirements.
2. Curricular assessment (AC), with a classification from 0 to 20 values, calculated as the arithmetic average of the grade of the Curricular Units in which the candidate has approval, weighted with the respective credit units.
3. Interview (E), with a classification from 0 to 20 values, to be carried out with the 3 candidates with the best classification in the AC.
The final grade (NF) will be given by:
NF = 0.7 AC + 0.3 E.
10. Selection Committee: Applications will be assessed by a panel as follows:
President: Doctor Albertina Maria Mendes Marques Bento Amaro, Auxiliar Professor of the Universidade da Beira Interior
Doctor Ana Maria Carreira Lopes, Associate Professor of the Universidade da Beira Interior
Doctor Annabel Dias Barrocas Fernandes, Researcher of the Universidade da Beira Interior
11. Documents for application:
The candidates should present:
. Motivation letter;
. Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
. Copy of the Certificate of Enrollment in a 1st cycle of studies;
. Document proving approval in the curricular units of the 1st cycle and the respective grade;
. Other documents considered relevant;
. Declaration of honour from the candidate stating, for each type of scholarship, BI, BII or BIPD, that he/she meets the conditions for being award the scholarship according to Articles 5, 6 and 7 of the RBIUBI, respectively.
12. Deadline and receipt of applications: The call is open from 16/11/2022 until 23:59 on 30/11/2022. Applications should be addressed to Doctor Albertina Maria Mendes Marques Bento Amaro, Researcher Responsible for the Project, for the e-mail email@example.com
13. Publication/notification of results: The final results of the evaluation process will be published in a sorted list, by the final classification obtained, and posted in a visible and public place of the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Beira Interior. The candidate(s) will be notified of the decision by e-mail.
14. Complaint and Appeal Procedures: After communication of the provisional lists of the results in the different phases of the selection process (Admission and Exclusion, Curricular Evaluation and Interview), the candidates have 10 working days to to pronounce their disagreement, under the terms of article 121 and the Código do Procedimento Administrativo. If any allegations are presented, the final decision will be issued after the analysis of the statements presented during the prior hearing of interested parties. After the statutory deadline of 10 working days, the proposal for the final classification and ranking of the candidates becomes definitive.
Ph D Fellowship In Protein Engineering, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 10 hours ago
PhD fellowship in Protein Engineering Department of Biology Faculty of SCIENCE University of Copenhagen The Structural Biology and NMR Laboratory at the Department of Biology invites applicants fo...
Ph D Student In The Field Of Targeting The Microenvironment , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
100%, Zurich, fixed-term You will work in the Center for Radiopharmaceutical Sciences (CRS) at ETH Zurich and the Paul Scherrer Institute, Villigen (PSI). The goal of the CRS is to develop innovat...
Ph D Position Origin Of Homochirality (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
PhD position Origin of Homochirality (1.0 FTE) (V23.0018) « Back to the overview Job description The University of Groningen is a research university, currently in or around the top 100 on several...
Three Ph D Fellowships On The Biological Production And Consumption Of Volatile Compounds, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 10 hours ago
Center for Volatile Interactions, Department of Biology Faculty of SCIENCE University of Copenhagen Three fully financed 3-year PhD positions on the biological production and consumption of volati...
Ph D Position Interiors Of Magma Ocean Planets , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
100%, Zurich, fixed-term Project background With her SNSF Starting Grant, Caroline Dorn establishes her research group on exoplanets at ETH Zürich. Her innovative research in areas as diverse as p...
Early Stage Researcher (Ph D Student Candidate) – Marie Skłodowska Curie Doctoral Network – Hotbio , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 3 days ago
Department of Chemistry Early Stage Researcher (PhD Student candidate) – Marie Skłodowska Curie Doctoral Network – HOTBIO 100 % Prof. Dr. Karl Gademann's group at the University of Zurich (UZH) of...