Announcement for the opening of an international selection tender procedure for doctorate under the article 23º of the Decree-Law n.º 57/2016 of 29th August, changed by the Law nº 57/2017, of 19th July, and the contract signed between the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P., and the University of Beira Interior, within the scope of the Institutional call to Scientific Employment Stimulus 2nd Edition.
Doctor Mário Lino Barata Raposo, full professor and Rector of the University of Beira Interior, hereby informs that, for a fixed-term of a period of twenty working days counting the day immediately following the date on which this notice is published, it is open the international selection competition for hiring 1 (one) doctorate researcher for the exercise in the area of Humanities and Arts, sub-area of Philosophy, Ethics and Religion, in a fixed term public service work contract regime with the duration of three years, possibly renewable for periods of one year up to a maximum duration of six years, unless, under the terms of n.º 2 of article 6 of Decree-Law 57/2016, of 29 August, any reason or cause for legal termination or extinction occurs, for the development of research activities at the PRAXIS – Centre of Philosophy, Politics and Culture, namely those related with:
a) To develop research topics in the working areas of the research center, namely: ethics; phenomenology and culture; politics;
b) To achieve published research results in peer-reviewed indexed journals;
c) To promote and participate in the organization of conferences, colloquia and seminars;
d) To identify opportunities for funding and application to projects, promoting or collaborating in their execution;
e) To collaborate in the process of internationalization of the unit, through the establishment of protocols or exchanges with similar centers.
2. Applicable Legislation: Decree-Law n.º 57/2016, of 29 August, changed by the Law n.º 57/2017, of 19 July, which approved the doctorate hiring regime destined to stimulate scientific and technological employment for all knowledge areas (RJEC);
General Public Service Labor Law (LTFP), approved in annex to Law n.º35/2014, of 20 June, under its current working.
3. Pursuant to article 16 of Decree-Law n.º 57/2016, of 29 August, changed by the Law n.º 57/2017, of 19 July, this tender procedure shall be exempt from the authorization given by the Government members in charge for Finances and Public Administration, namely the authorization mentioned on n.º 3 of article 7 of LTFP; and from obtaining a prior favorable opinion from said Government members, mentioned on n.º 5 of article 30 of LTFP, and the recruitment process for workers in a requalification position, mentioned on article 265 of LTFP.
Pursuant to article 13 of Decree-Law n.º 57/2016, of 29 August, the tender selection panel shall be formed by:
President: Doctor Sílvia Cristina da Cruz Marques Socorro, Vice-Rector of University of Beira Interior
Doctor José Maria Silva Rosa, Full Professor of University of Beira Interior
Doctor Irene Borges Duarte, Associate Professor of University of Évora
Doctor André Barata Nascimento, Associate Professor with Aggregation of University of Beira Interior
Doctor Ana Leonor Serra Morais dos Santos, Assistant Professor of University of Beira Interior
The workplace is University of Beira Interior, namely the Research Centre PRAXIS – Centre of Philosophy, Politics and Culture, located at the Faculty of de Arts e Letters, Rua Marquês de Ávila e Bolama, 6201-001 Covilhã, Portugal.
7. Applicants can be any national, foreign and stateless candidate(s) who hold a doctorate degree in Philosophy, or related scientific area to be considered by the jury, and have a scientific and professional curriculum whose profile is suited for the activity to be performed. If the doctorate has been awarded by a foreign higher education
institution, it must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law 66/2018, of August 16, and any formalities established therein must be complied with up to the date of hiring.
a) Research autonomy, manifested in the authorship of papers published in internationally indexed journals;
b) Participation in research projects.
8. General tender admission requirements are those set by article 17 of LTFP and special requirements set by the previous section.
9. Pursuant to article 5 of RJEC, selection is to be made based on candidate scientific and curricular career evaluation.
Evaluation of the curriculum and scientific career focuses on the relevance, quality and timeliness:
a) of scientific production in the last five years, deemed most relevant by the candidate;
b) of knowledge extension and dissemination activities developed in the last five years, namely under the scope of the promotion of culture and scientific practices, deemed most relevant by the candidate;
c) of the activities of management of science, technology and innovation programmes, or the experience in observing and technological, or higher education, system in Portugal.
11. The five-years period mentioned above can be extended by the panel, if requested by the candidate, whenever the suspension of scientific activities is reasoned by socially protected grounds like paternity leave, long-term serious illness, and other legal situations of unavailability to work.
12. Evaluation criteria are the following:
C1) Integrated evaluation of the scientific production of the candidate in the last five years:
- Quality and internationalization of publications in Philosophy;
- Relevant experience of participation and submission to projects in Philosophy;
C2) Evaluation of the knowledge extension and dissemination activities, developed in the last five years, namely technology transfer actions, organization of scientific events, participation as speaker in scientific events, participation in science dissemination activities:
- Experience in scientific supervision;
- Participation as lecturer in scientific events;
- Member of committees for the diffusion and dissemination of science.
The weight of each defined sub criteria will be as follows:
C1) %; C2) %; C3) %.
The final classification (CF) will be determined by the following formula:
CF = C1* % + C2* % + C3* %.
13. The evaluation process includes an interview which is intended solely to clarify aspects related to the results of the research.
14. Candidates final classification system will be given based on a scale of 0 to 20.
15. The panel deliberates by means of roll-call vote justified under adopted and disclosed selection criteria, with no abstentions allowed.
16. Minutes of panel meetings shall include a summary of all occurrences of said meeting, as well as the votes casted by each member of the evaluation panel with the respective reasoning and can be provided to the candidates whenever required.
17. After application of the selection criteria, the evaluation panel prepares a sorted list of approved candidates and respective classification.
18. Final decision of the evaluation panel shall be validated by the leader of the institution, who is also in charge of deciding about hiring.
19. Application procedures:
19.1. Applications are formalized upon requirement in an appropriate document, made available at the Webpage of University of Beira Interior, and sent to the President of the
evaluation panel, including identification of announcement, full name, parents names, ID card, or Citizen Card number and date, or civil identification number, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including email address and telephone.
19.2. For tender admission, applications must include all the supported documents encompassed by sections 7 and 8:
a) Copy of the PhD Certificate or diploma;
b) Doctorate thesis;
c) Detailed and structured Curriculum vitae pursuant to sections 10 and 12;
d) Other documentation relevant for the evaluation of qualification in a related scientific area: letter of motivation; research project;
e) Other documentation.
19.3. Candidates must submit their application files and supporting documentation, preferably in a digital form, in PDF format, in person at Convento de Santo António, 6201-001 Covilhã, Portugal, during office hours, by post to the same address, or via email to email@example.com . Applications submitted by post, must be sent by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt sent until the last day of application deadline, which is hereby set as the period of twenty working days after the publication of this Announcement.
20. Candidates who submit their application in an improper way or fail to prove the requirements imposed by this tender procedure are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request any candidate to present further documentation supporting their statements.
21. False statements provided by the candidates shall be punished by law.
22. The list of admitted and excluded candidates as well as the final ranking list will be posted on the premises of Faculty of Arts and Letters, published in the UBI website, and all candidates will be notified by email with delivery receipt.
23. Preliminary Hearing and Final Decision Deadline: Pursuant to articles 121 and 122 of the Administrative Procedure Code, after notified, all candidates have 10 working days
to respond. Panel’s final decisions are pronounced within a period of 90 days, from the application deadline.
24. This tender procedure is exclusively destined to fulfill this specify vacancy and can be terminated at any time until approval of final candidate list, expiring with the respective occupation of said vacancy.
25. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: The University of Beira Interior actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of any duties based on their ancestry age, sex, sexual preference, marital status, family and economic conditions, instruction, origin or social conditions, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, origin territory, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
26. Pursuant to Decree-Law nº 29/2001, of 3 February, disable candidates will be preferred in a situation of equal classification, and said preference supersedes any legal preferences. Candidates must declare, on their honour, their respective disability degree, type of disability and communication/expression means to be used during selection period on their application form, under the regulations above.
Application: from 20/05/2022 to 20/06/2022
Ph D Position Federalism, Multilevel Governance And Trust, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 9 hours ago
Department: Faculty of Law Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future – University of Antwerp The Faculties of Law and of Social Sciences and the GOVTRUST Centre of Excellence are jointly seeking to ...
Ph D Fellow In Plant Biology And Bioimaging, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen is offering a PhD scholarship in Plant Biology and Bioimaging commencing 01.09.2022 or as soon as pos...
Doctoral Scholarship Holder For A Horizon Europe Project About Robust Governance Of Crises In Europe, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 9 hours ago
Department: Department of Political Science Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer...
Icn2 Ph D Programme 2022, ICN2, Spain, about 9 hours ago
ICN2 PhD Programme Programme description: The ICN2 offers a competitive PhD Programme to talented students who wish to develop a research career at one of the top European institutions in the fiel...
Open Call For Ph D Positions For Medical Doctors In The International Ph D Programme Emerald, VIB, Belgium, about 9 hours ago
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS The “International Ph.D. Programme for Medical Doctors”, Emerald Application deadline August 28th 2022, 5 pm Central European Time ARE YOU: A medical doctor with up to four y...
Ph D Fellow In Molecular Plant Physiology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
Department of Plant and Environmental Science, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen is offering a PhD scholarship in Plant Physiology commencing 01.12.2022 or as soon as possible thereaf...