Announcement for the opening of an international selection tender procedure for doctorate under the article 23º of the Decree-Law n.º 57/2016 of 29th August, changed by the Law nº 57/2017, of 19th July, and the contract signed between the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P., and the University of Beira Interior, within the scope of the Institutional call to Scientific Employment Stimulus 2nd Edition.
Doctor Mário Lino Barata Raposo, full professor and Rector of the University of Beira Interior, hereby informs that, for a fixed-term of a period of twenty working days counting the day immediately following the date on which this notice is published, it is open the international selection competition for hiring 1 (one) doctorate researcher for the exercise in the area of Engineering and Technologies, in the sub-areas of Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Systems in a fixed term public service work contract regime with the duration of three years, possibly renewable for periods of one year up to a maximum duration of six years, unless, under the terms of n.º 2 of article 6 of Decree-Law 57/2016, of 29 August, any reason or cause for legal termination or extinction occurs, for the development of research activities at the C-MAST ‐ Centre for Mechanical and Aerospace Sciences and Technology, namely those related with the manufacture, characterization and modeling of multifunctional nanostructured composites with polymeric and/or ceramic matrix.
2. Applicable Legislation: Decree-Law n.º 57/2016, of 29 August, changed by the Law n.º 57/2017, of 19 July, which approved the doctorate hiring regime destined to stimulate scientific and technological employment for all knowledge areas (RJEC);
General Public Service Labour Law (LTFP), approved in annex to Law n.º35/2014, of 20 June, under its current working.
3. Pursuant to article 16 of Decree-Law n.º 57/2016, of 29 August, changed by the Law n.º 57/2017, of 19 July, this tender procedure shall be exempt from the authorization given by the Government members in charge for Finances and Public Administration, namely the authorization mentioned on n.º 3 of article 7 of LTFP; and from obtaining a prior favourable opinion from said Government members, mentioned on n.º 5 of article 30 of LTFP, and the recruitment process for workers in a requalification position, mentioned on article 265 of LTFP.
4. Pursuant to article 13 of Decree-Law n.º 57/2016, of 29 August, the tender selection panel shall be formed by:
President: Doctor Sílvia Cristina da Cruz Marques Socorro, Vice-Rector of University of Beira Interior with competence delegated through the Order 6764/2021, of 09 July
Doctor Paulo Jorge dos Santos Pimentel de Oliveira, Full Professor of University of Beira Interior
Doctor José Carlos Páscoa Marques, Full Professor of University of Beira Interior
Doctor Abílio Manuel Pereira da Silva, Associate Professor of University of Beira Interior
The workplace is University of Beira Interior, namely the Research Centre C-MAST ‐ Centre for Mechanical and Aerospace Sciences and Technology, located at the Faculty of Engineering, Calçada Fonte do Lameiro, Covilhã, Portugal.
6. Monthly remuneration to be paid is that provided for in n.º 1 a) of article 15 of Decree-Law n.º 57/2016, of 29 August, changed by the Law n.º 57/2017, of 19 July, corresponding to level 33 of the Single Salary Table, approved by Order nº 1553-C/2008, of 31 December, updated pursuant to Decree-Law n.º109-A/2021, of 07 December, i.e. 2.153,94 euros.
7. Applicants can be any national, foreign and stateless candidate(s) who hold a doctorate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or related scientific area to be considered by the jury, and have a scientific and professional curriculum whose profile is suited for the activity to be performed. If the doctorate has been awarded by a foreign higher education institution, it must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law 66/2018 of August 16, and any formalities established therein must be complied with up to the date of hiring.
a) Consolidated knowledge in the manufacture and mechanical characterization of matrix polymer composites;
b) Consolidated knowledge in the manufacture and microstructural, thermal and mechanical characterization of matrix ceramic composites;
c) Experience in computational numerical modeling applied to materials;
d) Experience in the manufacture and characterization of multifunctional materials.
8. General tender admission requirements are those set by article 17 of LTFP and special requirements set by the previous section.
9. Pursuant to article 5 of RJEC, selection is to be made based on candidate scientific and curricular career evaluation.
Evaluation of the curriculum and scientific career focuses on the relevance, quality and timeliness:
a) of scientific, technology, cultural or artistic production in the last five years, deemed most relevant by the candidate;
b) of research activities, applied or based on practical work, developed in the last five years, deemed most impactful by the candidate;
c) of knowledge extension and dissemination activities developed in the last five years, namely under the scope of the promotion of culture and scientific practices, deemed most relevant by the candidate;
d) of the activities of management of science, technology and innovation programmes, or the experience in observing and technological, or higher education, system in Portugal.
11. The five-years period mentioned above can be extended by the panel, if requested by the candidate, whenever the suspension of scientific activities is reasoned by socially protected grounds like paternity leave, long-term serious illness, and other legal situations of unavailability to work.
12. Evaluation criteria are the following:
C1) Integrated evaluation of the scientific production of the candidate in the last five years:
- Relevance of the publications in the project area;
- Relevant experience in the project area mentioned in point 1;
- Compliance with the specific admission requirements listed in point 7;
- Participation as member or principal investigator of the research team of scientific projects in the project area.
C2) Evaluation of applied or practice-based research activities developed over the last five years and considered to have more impact by the candidate.
C3) Evaluation of the knowledge extension and dissemination activities, developed in the last five years, namely technology transfer actions, organization of scientific events, participation as speaker in scientific events, participation in science dissemination activities:
- Experience in scientific supervision;
- Participation as lecturer in scientific events;
- Member of committees for the diffusion and dissemination of science.
The weight of each defined sub criteria will be as follows:
C1) 50 %; C2) 20 %; C3) 20 %; C4) 10 %.
The final classification (CF) will be determined by the following formula:
CF = C1*50 % + C2*20 % + C3*20 % + C4*10 %.
13. The evaluation process includes an interview which is intended solely to clarify aspects related to the results of the research applicable to the best 3 candidates after evaluation of parameters C1, C2 and C3.
14. Candidates final classification system will be given based on a scale 0 to 20.
15. The panel deliberates by means of roll-call vote justified under adopted and disclosed selection criteria, with no abstentions allowed.
16. Minutes of panel meetings shall include a summary of all occurrences of said meeting, as well as the votes casted by each member of the evaluation panel with the respective reasoning and can be provided to the candidates whenever required.
17. After application of the selection criteria, the evaluation panel prepares a sorted list of approved candidates and respective classification.
18. Final decision of the evaluation panel shall be validated by the leader of the institution, who is also in charge of deciding about hiring.
19. Application procedures:
19.1. Applications are formalized upon requirement in an appropriate document, made available at the Webpage of University of Beira Interior, and sent to the President of the evaluation panel, including identification of announcement, full name, parents names, ID card, or Citizen Card number and date, or civil identification number, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including email address and telephone.
19.2. For tender admission, applications must include all the supported documents encompassed by sections 7 and 8:
a) Copy of the PhD Certificate or diploma;
b) Doctorate thesis;
c) Detailed and structured Curriculum vitae pursuant to sections 10 and 12;
d) Other documentation relevant for the evaluation of qualification in a related scientific area, such as letter of motivation;
e) Other documentation
19.3. Candidates must submit their application files and supporting documentation, preferably in a digital form, in PDF format, in person at Expedient Sector of Division of Human Resources, Administrative Services, Convento de Santo António, 6201-001 Covilhã, Portugal, during office hours, by post to the same address, or via email to email@example.com . Applications submitted by post, must be sent by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt sent until the last day of application deadline, which is hereby set as the period of twenty working days after the publication of this Announcement.
20. Candidates who submit their application in an improper way or fail to prove the requirements imposed by this tender procedure are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request any candidate to present further documentation supporting their statements.
21. False statements provided by the candidates shall be punished by law.
22. The list of admitted and excluded candidates as well as the final ranking list will be posted on the premises of Faculty of Engineering of University of Beira Interior, published in the UBI website, and all candidates will be notified by email with delivery receipt.
23. Preliminary Hearing and Final Decision Deadline: Pursuant to articles 121 and 122 of the Administrative Procedure Code, after notified, all candidates have 10 working days to respond. Panel’s final decisions are pronounced within a period of 90 days, from the application deadline.
24. This tender procedure is exclusively destined to fullfill this specify vacancy and can be terminated at any time until approval of final candidate list, expiring with the respective occupation of said vacancy. For the purposes of n.º 5 of article 6 of Decree-Law nº 57/2016 of 29 August, the University of Beira Interior declares that it does not undertake any commitment to consider it to be in its strategic interest to open any tender procedure for a scientific research career or for a teaching career in higher education, following the present tender procedure.
25. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: The University of Beira Interior actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of any duties based on their ancestry age, sex, sexual preference, marital status, family and economic conditions, instruction, origin or social conditions, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, origin territory, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
26. Pursuant to Decree-Law nº 29/2001, of 3 February, disable candidates will be preferred in a situation of equal classification, and said preference supersedes any legal preferences. Candidates must declare, on their honor, their respective disability degree, type of disability and communication/expression means to be used during selection period on their application form, under the regulations above.
Application: from 20/05/2022 to 20/06/2022
Ph D Position Federalism, Multilevel Governance And Trust, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 13 hours ago
Department: Faculty of Law Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future – University of Antwerp The Faculties of Law and of Social Sciences and the GOVTRUST Centre of Excellence are jointly seeking to ...
Ph D Scholarship 'Legal Foresight In Relation To The Data Economy For Food Systems', Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, 4 days ago
The Faculty of Law and Criminology, Department Metajuridica, is looking for a PhD-student with a doctoral grant. More concretely your work package, for the preparation of a doctorate, contains: Th...
Ph D Fellow In Plant Biology And Bioimaging, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 16 hours ago
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen is offering a PhD scholarship in Plant Biology and Bioimaging commencing 01.09.2022 or as soon as pos...
Ph D Hydrogen Value Chain Deployment Coherent Design Of Technology And Regulatory Framework Applicable To Hydrogen Based Economy, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 2 days ago
Delft University of Technology is hiring a doctoral candidate on the subject of integrated hydrogen-energy system. The position is established within the faculty of Technology Policy and Managemen...
Ph D Student (Doctoral Candidate) In Engineering Science, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 9 hours ago
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 s...
Research Assistant And Ph D Candidate (M/F/D) In The Field Of Legal Tech, Digitization And New Technologies (Tvl – E13 65%) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 7 hours ago
14.06.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal Are you passionate about digitization and its effects on society and law? Do you care about how emergent technologies like artificial intelligence, distribu...