We seek candidates with computational background and/or experimental wet-lab background.
- A PhD degree or equivalent (or have submitted their PhD thesis for assessment before the application deadline) on molecular biology, genetics, computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, or related areas.
- Publication of their own research in international, peer-reviewed journals.
- Candidates with computational background are expected to have knowledge and experience in the analysis of biological high-throughput sequencing data.
- Candidates with experimental wet-lab background are expected to have strong expertise in DNA laboratory work and an open mind to learn computation.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Candidates with computational: solid computer programming, statistical, data mining, and machine learning skills
- Candidates with experimental wet-lab background: experience in the use of a scripting language
- Data analysis methods: including statistical analyses; scripting in R, Python or similar languages; bioinformatics methods for analysis of high throughput sequencing data; and high quality data presentation for publication.
- Organisation of sample collection, preservation and archiving
- Working knowledge of LINUX operating systems
- Experience in second generation sequencing technologies
- Experimental planning and working effectively both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Well-developed collaborative skills.
Postdoc Position In Computational Genomics , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 22 hours ago
50%-100%, Zurich, temporary The Animal Genomics Group at the Institute of Agricultural Sciences investigates genomic variation within and between livestock populations. The group applies bioinfor...
Postdoc Position In Computational Genomics, ETH, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: Post Doc Position / Senior Scientist 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Agronomy / Foods Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 Reg...
Ph D Position In Experimental Evolution, ETH, Switzerland, about 6 hours ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Biology Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 Region Switzerland - Zurich & Schaff...
Postdoc Position In Pancreatic Cancer Bioinformatics: Interplay Between Environmental And Genetic Drivers Of Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 18 hours ago
The Sandelin group is looking to recruit a talented postdoctoral researcher to our highly dynamic research group working in the interface of computational biology and genomics. The position is for...
Doctoral (Ph.D.) Student Position With Doctoral Grant In The Area Of Gene Regulation Of Human Adipose Tissue, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 21 hours ago
Karolinska Institutet, Institutionen för medicin, Huddinge We are recruiting a student for doctoral education. A doctoral education consists of supervised research, combined with courses and other...
Postdoctoral Position In Immune Targeting Of Leukemic Stem Cells, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 21 hours ago
Dept. of Medicine Huddinge, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden We are looking for highly motivated and talented postdoctoral candidate to take the lead on exciting research projects in the l...