We seek candidates with computational background and/or experimental wet-lab background.
- A PhD degree or equivalent (or have submitted their PhD thesis for assessment before the application deadline) on molecular biology, genetics, computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, or related areas.
- Publication of their own research in international, peer-reviewed journals.
- Candidates with computational background are expected to have knowledge and experience in the analysis of biological high-throughput sequencing data.
- Candidates with experimental wet-lab background are expected to have strong expertise in DNA laboratory work and an open mind to learn computation.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Candidates with computational: solid computer programming, statistical, data mining, and machine learning skills
- Candidates with experimental wet-lab background: experience in the use of a scripting language
- Data analysis methods: including statistical analyses; scripting in R, Python or similar languages; bioinformatics methods for analysis of high throughput sequencing data; and high quality data presentation for publication.
- Organisation of sample collection, preservation and archiving
- Working knowledge of LINUX operating systems
- Experience in second generation sequencing technologies
- Experimental planning and working effectively both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Well-developed collaborative skills.
Postdoc Position With Spin Off Track: Designing Enhancers For Gene Therapy, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
Job description The Laboratory of Computational Biology (www.aertslab.org) is seeking an enthusiastic postdoc to design cell-type specific enhancers, and to evaluate their activity using massively...
Postdoctoral Position: Inferring Complex Causality In Aging, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, about 19 hours ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...
Postdoctoral Position In Normal And Malignant Hematopoiesis, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 11 days ago
Dept. of Medicine Huddinge, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden We are looking for a highly motivated and talented postdoctoral candidate to take the lead on exciting research projects in the...
Ph D Position On Genetics And Biology Of Congenital Disorders Of Glycosylation, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 3 days ago
The identification and diagnosis of patients with Congenital Disorders of Glycosylation (CDG) is hampered by an extremely variable presentation ranging from single organ failure to complex disease...
Ph D Position In Metagenomics & Bioinformatics, ETH, Switzerland, 22 days ago
favorite_border Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Health Care / Social Affairs Functional Area Academic Research / Teaching Biology Salary CHF 50000 ...
Ph D Position On Genetics And Biology Of Congenital Disorders Of Glycosylation, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
PHD POSITION ON GENETICS AND BIOLOGY OF CONGENITAL DISORDERS OF GLYCOSYLATION (ref. BAP-2020-613) At the Laboratory for Molecular Diagnosis at the Center for Human Genetics, KU Leuven, Belgium, we...