We seek candidates with computational background and/or experimental wet-lab background.
- A PhD degree or equivalent (or have submitted their PhD thesis for assessment before the application deadline) on molecular biology, genetics, computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, or related areas.
- Publication of their own research in international, peer-reviewed journals.
- Candidates with computational background are expected to have knowledge and experience in the analysis of biological high-throughput sequencing data.
- Candidates with experimental wet-lab background are expected to have strong expertise in DNA laboratory work and an open mind to learn computation.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Candidates with computational: solid computer programming, statistical, data mining, and machine learning skills
- Candidates with experimental wet-lab background: experience in the use of a scripting language
- Data analysis methods: including statistical analyses; scripting in R, Python or similar languages; bioinformatics methods for analysis of high throughput sequencing data; and high quality data presentation for publication.
- Organisation of sample collection, preservation and archiving
- Working knowledge of LINUX operating systems
- Experience in second generation sequencing technologies
- Experimental planning and working effectively both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Well-developed collaborative skills.
Ph D Position In Gene Regulation And Stem Cell Research, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 6 hours ago
We are recruiting a student for doctoral education. A doctoral education (PhD) consists of supervised research, combined with courses and other educational activities. An individual study plan is ...
Ph D Position: Compilation Of A Bovine Haplotype Reference Panel, ETH, Switzerland, 16 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Agronomy / Foods Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 Region Switzerland - Zurich...
Postdoctoral Position In Nad+ And Mitochondrial Function In Kidney Diseases, EPFL, Switzerland, about 17 hours ago
The Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs 6,000 people suppor...
Ph D Position In Response (Esr 01): Epi Breed: Unlocking Epigenetic Variation To Breed Sustainable Crops In A Changing Climate, ETH, Switzerland, about 11 hours ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Research & Development Salary CHF 0 / Entry date April 1, 2020 per Date Region ...
Vacant Ph D Position In Development And Application Of Innovative Methods For (Non Invasive) Preimplantation And Prenatal Genetic Testing, Maastricht University, Netherlands, 16 days ago
Vacant PhD position in development and application of innovative methods for (non-invasive) preimplantation and prenatal genetic testing Vacant PhD position in development and application of innov...
DocToral (Ph D) StuDent In ComPuTaTional CanCer GeNOmIcs UsIng LiQuid Biopsies, University of Helsinki, Belgium, 2 days ago
Come to build future of personalized cancer care with us! The Systems Biology of Drug Resistance in Cancer research group https://www.helsinki.fi/en/researchgroups/systems-biology-of-drug-resist....