The University of Minho (UM) opens a call for the attribution of 1 PhD student research fellowship, in the area of Social Sciences (Communication Sciences, Cultural Studies, Sociology and Anthropology), under the Research Fellowship Statute (EBI); the ruling FCT Regulation for Fellowships (RBI), and the University of Minho Regulation of Scientific Research Fellowships (RBIC).
The Fellowships will be funded by the Financiamento Plurianual do Centro de Estudos de Comunicação e Sociedade 2020‐2023 - financiamento programático, under the scope of the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia, reference no. UIDP/00736/2020.
The fellowship holder will carry out activities in support to the organization and technical-scientific development of the project, namely:
- Support to project management;
- Support to the theoretical-methodological framework of the project;
- Support for the organization of scientific and cultural events;
- Editorial support;
- Clipping production;
- Development of ethnographic work;
- Analysis and interpretation of collected data;
- Production of essays and scientific articles;
- Participation with communications in scientific events;
- Production and editing of photographs/videos and sound pieces.
The call for applications is open from 23/09/2021 to 08/10/2021, until 11:59 pm (GMT). Applications and application support documents requested in this call (‘Application Admissibility Requirements’) must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , indicating the call reference in the email subject “PASSEIO_BI2021_1”. Applications sent by other means will not be accepted.
Application Admissibility Requirements
It is essential, under penalty of non-admission to the call, to attach to the application the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Certificates of the previous academic degrees held, specifying mandatorily the final classification and, if possible, the classifications obtained in all the curricular units performed. Alternatively, the candidate must submit a declaration of honour, declaring that he/she has completed the degrees required in the notice at the time of the application deadline;
- For degrees obtained abroad, proof of recognition of academic degrees assigned by foreign higher education institutions and registration of the conversion of the final classification (GPA) to the Portuguese classification scale, or, alternatively, the candidate's declaration of honour declaring that he/she has obtained the recognition of the foreign degree equivalent to that of the degrees required in the notice at the time the application deadline;
- Motivation Letter;
- Letters of Recommendation (two letters).
Documentation to be provided by applicants who have won the fellowship:
The selected candidate(s) must state in writing their intention to accept the fellowship. In case of non-acceptance, the fellowship will be attributed to the next candidate(s) in order of final ranking.
In order to finalize the contract, the selected candidate(s) must send the following documents:
Failure to deliver any of the documents necessary to complete the process of contracting the studentship, within 6 months from the date of communication of the conditional decision to grant the fellowship, implies the expiry of the aforementioned concession and the closure of the process.
- The applicants may apply without prior registration in the course for which the fellowship is open. The requirement to enroll in a degree course or non-academic degree course will be verified on the date of contracting the fellowship;
- Only fellowships whose selected applicants present a valid proof of enrollment in a degree course or non-academic degree course will be contracted, according to the type of the fellowship, issued by the academic services of the Higher Education Institution, indicating, respectively, the academic year or its duration (start and term).
- Enrollment in non-certified courses (without curricular units) will not be considered as proof of enrollment.
Applicable legislation and regulations
Research Fellowship Holder Statutes, approved by Law no. 40/2004 of August 18, in its current version published by Decree-Law no. 123/2019 of august 28; Regulation of Scientific Research Fellowships of the University of Minho (RBIC), published in “Diário da República”, 2nd serie, no. 119, through dispatch no. 6524/2020 of 22-06-2020, ratified by ratification declaration no. 447/2021 of 22-06-2021 and Regulation of Research Studentships and Fellowships (RBI) of the Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P. - in force.
Phd Student In Energy Engineering With Special Emphasis On Co2 Absorption And Electro Reduction To Co, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
Luleå University of Technology experiences rapid growth with world-class expertise within several research domains. We shape the future through innovative education and ground-breaking research re...
Ph D Student Position In Solid And Structural Mechanics, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 7 hours ago
You are invited to apply for a PhD student position in the project "Technical risk analysis of derailments in railway switches". In this project you will perform advanced numerical simulations of ...
Ph D In Economics And Finance , Bocconi University ;, Italy, 1 day ago
Bocconi University offers a 4-year full-time PhD program in Economics and Finance designed for highly qualified and motivated students wishing to acquire world-class research skills. The program i...
Ph D In Statistics And Computer Science , Bocconi University ;, Italy, 1 day ago
Within the PhD School at Bocconi University, the 4-year PhD program in Statistics and Computer Science is a high profile and rigorous doctoral program that develops strong mathematical, statistica...
Ph D Candidate Position On Corporate Law / Corporate Governance, Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, 11 days ago
The PhD researcher will perform research and write a thesis on a theme related to Corporate Law and / or Corporate Governance. Corporate Law and Corporate Governance have strongly evolved over the...
Doctor Of Philosophy (Ph D) , City University of Hong Kong ;, Hong Kong, 1 day ago
The School of Law at City University of Hong Kong is a boutique institution with an outstanding reputation as a leading law school. We foster a culture of integrated research and teaching, drawing...