Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica António Xavier (ITQB NOVA)
Call for a PhD Researcher
It is made public that, by order of the Rector of Universidade Nova de Lisboa, issued on March 8, 2021, the opening of an international selection procedure was authorized under the doctorate hiring regime (Decree-Law nº 57/2016 of 29 August, with the amendment introduced by Law 57/2017 of 19 July) to fill a PhD position, within the scope of the project financed by the Rural Development Program 2014-2020 (PDR2020), Operation - 7.8. 4 - Genetic resources - Conservation and improvement of plant genetic resources, entitled “Program for the Conservation and Genetic Improvement of Plants in Beans”, ref. PDR2020-784-042734. The Doctorate to be hired will develop research work within the current phase of the project's development, which is not expected to exceed 12 months.
Academic Qualifications: PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Agronomy or related areas.
General admission requirements:
1) PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Agronomy or related areas;
2) Experience in quantitative plant genetics, confirmed by scientific publications in international journals with peer review and participation in competitive research projects
3) Good knowledge of English, spoken and written.
This application procedure is open to any national, foreign and stateless candidate(s) holding a PhD degree in the area(s) mentioned and holders of a scientific and professional curriculum showing a relevant profile for the activity to be developed.
Specific admission requirements:
1) Experience in gas exchange and chlorophyll a fluorescence techniques for plant physiological assessment under growth chamber and field conditions;
2) Experience on plant disease resistance studies;
3) Experience on big data statistical analysis.
Category and applicable legislation:
• PhD Researcher, salary index to the Single Salary Table (TRU) level 33, approved by Decreto-Regulamentar nº 11-A/2017, 29 December.
• Employment contract for an uncertain term (according to the article 18, paragraph b), and paragraph 1 and 3 of article 6, DL No. 57/2016, of August 29, amended by Law No. 57/2017, of July 19, under the legal terms in force. The contract is expected to start in April 2021.
• If the doctoral degree has been awarded by a foreign higher education institution (not Portuguese), it must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16th, and with all formalities established therein, fulfilled until the date of signing the contract.
Documents required in the application:
• Detailed Curriculum vitae;
• Motivation Letter;
• Contacts of two references;
• PhD certificate.
• Curricular Evaluation (AC), through the evaluation of the curriculum vitae and the motivation letter;
• Selection Interview (ES).
The final classification will be expressed on a scale of 0 to 20 values, resulting from the application of the following formula: Final classification = 90% * AC + 10% * ES
- Doctor Carlota Vaz Patto, ITQB NOVA (President)
- Doctor Rita Abranches, ITQB NOVA (Effective member)
- Professor Doctor Pedro Fevereiro, ITQB NOVA (Effective member)
- Professor Doctor Rosário Bronze, FFUL (Substitute member).
Deadlines of applications: The application call starts on March, 26 and ends on April, 8 2021.
Submission of applications: All documents must be sent as a single PDF file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the reference 002/TRI-PhD/2021/042734 in the subject.
Notification of Results: All candidates will be informed of the decisions by e-mail.
Non-discrimination and equal access policy: Under ITQB NOVA actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access, so that no candidate can be privileged, benefited, harmed or deprived of any right, on basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, economic situation, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological convictions, and trade union membership.
Postdoctoral Position, 3 Months At Upsc, Umeå, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 13 days ago
The Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology was founded in the late 1970s - when the College of Forestry moved to Umeå. The number of employees has since grown steadily is now around 10...
Department Awards, University of British Columbia, Canada, about 10 hours ago
View All Awards Deadline Check with graduate program Annual Value Various Citizenship Canadian Permanent Resident International Degree Level Masters Doctoral UBC graduate programs nominate graduat...
Graduate Support Initiative (Gsi) Awards, University of British Columbia, Canada, about 10 hours ago
View All Awards Deadline Check with graduate program Annual Value various Citizenship Canadian Permanent Resident International Degree Level Masters Doctoral The Graduate Support Initiative is a p...
Ph D Stipend In Crohn's Disease (23 21019), Aalborg University, Denmark, 8 days ago
PhD Stipend in Crohn's disease (23-21019) Applications are invited for a PhD fellowship/scholarship at the Department of Clinical Medicine, Aalborg University, Denmark, within the Clinical Science...
Nserc Create, University of British Columbia, Canada, about 11 hours ago
View All Awards Deadline Varies, program specific Annual Value Varies Citizenship Canadian Permanent Resident International Degree Level Masters Doctoral UBC has a number of active NSERC Collabora...
Ph D Fellow In Fertilizer Value Of Recovered Phosphorus Products, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 18 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to a more sustainable future and development of solutions for recovery and recycling? A three-year PhD position in Fertilizer value of recovered phosphorus products is av...