International call for a PhD Holder Position to pursue scientific research
Reference: RH CT CEECInst 22/2022 – LAETA LA/P/0079/2020
Main research field: Informatics Engineering
Title: Development and Implementation of Algorithms for Data Processing coming from Production Systems and Automation.
1. Project Description:
Collection, structuring and processing of data generated in industrial and automation systems, such as sensors from machine tools, manufacturing equipment and automatic cells, for monitoring, optimizing, maximizing efficiency and systems redesign.
Artificial intelligence materialized in the use of computer algorithms for information processing is fundamental within the fourth industrial revolution (Industry 4.0), bringing the ability to incorporate intelligence, adaptability and accelerated evolution to machines or manufacturing systems. The present project intends to develop, implement and test advanced computational algorithms in automated and intelligent manufacturing systems.
The objective of the project is to develop, implement and test computational algorithms for classification, clustering, anomaly detection, link prediction, dynamic sampling or other approaches to structuring and processing large amounts of data from manufacturing and automation systems, with the objective of non-conformities detection, schedule predictive maintenance interventions, improve the environmental impact of systems, optimize consumption, minimize raw material waste and maximize productivity and efficiency.
3. Within the framework of article 23 of Decree-Law no. 57/2016, of August 29, and taking into account the legal regime to which it refers an international selection tender for one vacancy of Junior Researcher is open funded by national funds through the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia, I.P.
This is a research position to pursue scientific research activities within the scope of the Institutional Call to Scientific Employment Stimulus - 2nd edition and under a work contract with non-fixed term due to start in July 2022, under the regime of exclusivity. The contract is established for a maximum duration of 6 (six) years.
3.1 The end of the funding, the extinction of the project or the conclusion of the tasks that are the object of the present tendering procedure will determine the expiry of the contract, which will operate with the communication referred to in number one of Article 345 of the Labour Code.
4. Applicable Legislation:
Decree-Law no. 57/2016 of August 29th, amended by Law 57/2017 and Regulatory Decree No. 11 - A / 2017 which approved the doctorate hiring regime destined to stimulate scientific and technological employment for all knowledge areas (RJEC); Portuguese Labour Code, approved by Law 7/2009 of February 12, in its actual form.
5. The workplace shall be at INEGI facilities, Porto.
6. Monthly remuneration to be paid is the remuneration set by subheading a) nr.1 article 15 of RJEC and article nr 2 of the Regulatory Decree nr. 11-A/2017, corresponding to level 33 of the Tabela Remuneratória Única, approved by Order no. 1553-C/2008 of December 31st, i.e. 2.153,94 Euros, with the category of Junior Researcher.
7. Pursuant to article 13 of RJEC, the selection panel is be formed by: President: Prof. Doutor António Mendes Lopes (Faculdade de Engenharia, Universidade do Porto and INEGI). Vowel: Dr. Luís Oliveira (INEGI), Dr. António Baptista (INEGI). Substitute vowel Dr. Thiago Dutra (INEGI).
8. If the doctoral degree has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution (not Portuguese), it must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 341/2007, of October 12, and with all formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the application deadline.
9. Admission requirements:
The application can be submitted by any national, foreign, and stateless candidate(s) holding a doctorate degree in Informatics Engineering and a scientific and professional curriculum whose profile is suited for the activity described below:
10. By decision of the jury, candidates who do not comply with point 9 will not be admitted to the competition, and candidates who do not submit their application using the electronic form at www.inegi.pt , by email firstname.lastname@example.org , or by post will be automatically excluded. Candidates who fail to submit all the documents referred to in the same point, or who submit illegible, incorrectly filled in, or invalid documents, will also be excluded. In case of doubt, and for the purposes of admission to the competition, it is also entitled to require any candidate to produce supporting documents for their statements.
11. Pursuant to article 5 of RJEC, the selection is to be made based on the evaluation of the scientific and curricular career of the candidate.
12. The scientific and curricular career evaluation will focus on the relevance and quality:
13. Evaluation Criteria:
The selection method will be initially a curricular evaluation according to the selection criteria. From this evaluation results the selection of candidates that pass to the interview phase. The final assessment is calculated based with the following weights: academic qualifications (40%) and interview (60%). The selection criteria and respective weighting are as follows:
- Scientific merit (30%),
- Qualifications (30%),
- Suitability between the candidate's profile and the objectives of the fellowship (20%),
- Motivation (10%)
- and experience in the subject of the work program (10%).
The jury reserves the right not to fill the position, if there are no candidates that meet the requirements.
14. The final classification system shall be given based on a scale from 0 to 100.
15. Application Document:
16. Expressions of interest must be sent from 07 June to 07 July 2022 through the official page of INEGI www.inegi.pt Join us | Open Positions - Press Apply International call for a PhD Holder Position - RH CT CEECInst 22/2022 or by mail:
INEGI – Instituto de Ciência e Inovação em Engenharia Mecânica e Engenharia Industrial
Serviços de Recursos Humanos
Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, 400
4200-465 Porto - Portugal
17. The final results of the evaluation will be published online: http://www.inegi.pt
18. The selection of candidate to be hired is determined by orientations and regulations issued by Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia upon verification of all legal requirements. INEGI is entitled to annihilate the present process in case the legal requirements are not fulfilled.
19. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: INEGI actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of any duties based on their ancestry, age, sex, sexual preference, marital status, family and economic conditions, instruction, origin or social conditions, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, origin territory, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
20. According to Decree-Law no. 29/2001 of 3 February, disabled candidates shall be preferred in a situation of equal classification, and said preference supersedes any legal preferences. Candidates must declare, in their honour, their respective disability degree, type of disability and communication/expression means to be used during selection period on their application form, under the regulations above.
Ph D Position Stochastic Characterisation And Modelling Of Embankment And Subsurface Using Data From Multiple Sources , Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Reliability-based design and assessment involves the propagation of uncertainty from the material/site level to the structure response level. If the uncertainty in material properties and site con...
Ph D Developing A Realistic Reference Model For Human Driving Behaviour, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Your PhD research will help in future development of self driving cars and getting them on the road faster! i4Driving is a large new EU project in which we aim to develop a methodology to benchmar...
Ph D Position Reliability/Risk Based Modelling For Assessing Railway Embankment Stability , Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
The current reliability framework for the stability assessment of railway embankments is derived from the general-purpose Eurocode standards that may be overly conservative in their implementation...
Ph D Student Advanced Electronic Materials And Devices, ICN2, Spain, about 2 hours ago
The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its rese...
Ph D Position In Explainable Combinatorial Optimisation, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 1 day ago
PhD position on the intersection between combinatorial optimisation, AI, and explainability We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to work on the intersection between combinatorial optimisati...
Ph D Student In Decentralized Learning On Tabular Data, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Federated learning (FL) is one of the emerging decentralized learning paradigm, which features on privacy protection by design. Under FL, machine learning models, and deep models, can be directly ...