Call for allocation of a Scientist Scholarship
The call for allocation of a Research Integration Grant for University Student is open and subject to the following conditions:
- Work Plan: The Student will work under the framework of projects “HomeSenseALS – Home-based Monitoring of Functional Disability in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis with Mobile Sensing“ (PTDC/MEC-NEU/6855/2020) and “AIpALS - Advanced learning models for prognostic prediction in ALS” (PTDC/CCI-CIF/4613/2020). Data collection in raw format will require an effort for standardization, preprocessing and monitoring (including alerts). This work foresees the development of a set of (Python) scripts to query a database and process the corresponding data, rendering it ready for further analysis. It is also expected that the student can complete a set of preliminary analyses on the processed data, namely in the form of statistics and visual representations on each dimension under study, and the application of unsupervised learning techniques to unravel specific patterns or supervised learning methods based on multimodal data to predict the patients’ functional scores. Ideally, the result should be fed into a visual dashboard, e.g., based on Streamlit, that can be used by the physicians collaborating with the project to easily assess each patient’s status, on any of these four dimensions.
- Data querying and processing from the project pilot database;
- Implement monitoring and alerting scripts to secure patient data;
- Integrate patients’ Mobility, Speech, and Respiratory information;
- Multimodal Machine Learning studies;
- Model correlations of interpretable features and ALSFRS (functional scale) scores;
- Intuitive dashboard tool for clinicians (based on the Streamlit framework).
A – Alignment of academic choices with the work to perform; B – Curriculum evaluation in accordance with the objectives of the project; C – Experience in research works. The following percentage weighting shall be given to the selection parameters: 0,3 x A + 0,5 x B + 0,2 x C.
Applications should be delivered during the call’s opening period, sent by e-mail with acknowledgement receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org , in pdf format, until 11:59 p.m. of August the 15th 2022.
Bings Scholarship , Lincoln University, New Zealand, about 1 month ago
Home Study Scholarships Search Scholarships Bings Scholarship Bings Scholarship The scholarship supports postgraduate students at Master's level to carry out research in the fields of medicine, ve...
2 Ph D Positions For The Project The Impact Of Roman Imperialism In The West, University of Groningen, Netherlands, 2 days ago
Organisation The University of Groningen, founded in 1614, is an international research university in the north of The Netherlands. Our staff create and share knowledge through outstanding researc...
Ph D's For The Project The Impact Of Roman Imperialism In The West (2.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, 22 days ago
PhD's for the project The impact of Roman imperialism in the West (2.0 FTE) PhD's for the project The impact of Roman imperialism in the West (2.0 FTE) Published Deadline Location today 27 Oct Gro...
2 Ph D Positions For The Project The Impact Of Roman Imperialism In The West, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
2 PhD positions for the project The impact of Roman imperialism in the West (222604-05) « Back to the overview Job description Applications are invited for a fully funded, four-year PhD position w...
Manning Seed Award , Lincoln University, New Zealand, 2 days ago
Home Study Scholarships Search Scholarships Manning Seed Award Manning Seed Award The purpose of the Manning Seed Award is to encourage and promote postgraduate research in the field of seed scien...
Reannouncement: One Or More Ph D Stipends In Acoustic Signal Processing For Hearing Assistive Devices (8 22017 G), Aalborg University, Denmark, 3 days ago
Reannouncement: One or more PhD stipends in Acoustic Signal Processing for Hearing Assistive Devices (8-22017G) At the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Department of Electronic Systems, One or ...