Reference: Public notice no/year/RG/OU or RU name
NOTICE FOR THE AWARD OF RESEARCH GRANTS
A tender is hereby opened for the award of 1 Research Grant (RG) under project “cLabel+: Alimentos inovadores “clean label” naturais, nutritivos e orientados para o consumidor, POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046080, of LAQV-REQUIMTE – Laboratório Associado para a Química Verde da Rede de Química e Tecnologia, under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Chemistry
2. Financing Source POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046080, Fundo Europeu de Desenvolvimento Regional (FEDER) através do Programa Operacional Competitividade e Internacionalização (POCI)
3. Admission Requirements:
1) Students enrolled in doctorate
(View Courses at: Courses - University of Aveiro (ua.pt) )
The proof of enrolment must be made available until the contract is awarded, and the candidate may attach a declaration of honor to confirm that they meet the requirements for enrolment in a doctoral program.
If the qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act .
4. Eligibility: Applicants are eligible if they comply with paragraph a) of no.1 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute in the wording given by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, and also the provisions of article 9 of the Scientific Research Grant Regulations of the University of Aveiro. The duration of the RG is, as a rule, annual, extendable to a maximum of two years, in the case of master's degrees, integrated master's degrees and non-degree courses, and the respective duration, including renewal, may be consecutive or interpolated, pursuant to no. 5 of Article 9 of the above mentioned Regulation.
5. Work plan: The work plan aims to study and develop strategies for the reduction/elimination of salt and synthetic additives (e.g. nitrates, phosphates) used as preservatives and color stabilizers in food products through their replacement by natural ingredients. The objective will be the extraction and characterization of polysaccharides, essential oils and natural dyes from different matrices to be used as substitutes for synthetic additives due to their properties (for example, antioxidants and antimicrobials). It is also intended to evaluate the impact of the addition of compounds and potential synergisms on the characteristics of the developed products (for example, sensory and rheological). The isolated and characterized compounds will be used in the preparation of formulations of meat products (ham, bacon and turkey breast) by the company Primor, mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard by the company Mendes Gonçalves and drops, covered almonds and biscuits by the company Vieira de Castro.
6. Applicable legislation and regulations: Research Fellow Statute, as amended by Decree-Law No. 123/2019, of August 28th; Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro, Regulation No. 292/2020, published in Diário da República No. 61, Series II, of March 26th; Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16th (Legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
7. Workplace: The work will be carried out at Chemistry Department, LAQV-REQUIMTE, of the University of Aveiro, under the scientific supervision of Professor Manuel A. Coimbra.
8. Duration of the grant(s): The grant duration will be 9 months, starting in September 2022, and may be renewed up to the maximum limit of approved funding. Under no circumstances shall it exceed the limits defined in nos. 5 and 6 of article 9, of Regulation no. 292/2020, of February 28th, published in Diário da República, no. 61, Series II, of March 26th (Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro).
9. Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant corresponds to €1144.64, according to the table of values of monthly maintenance allowances, set out in Appendix III of the Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro,
10. Selection methods: The selection methods to be used will be the following: 1. Curricular evaluation, with the respective valuation of A. Basic academic qualification (60%); B. Proven experience in recent research activities within the scientific area of the application (40%). Candidates classified in the curriculum evaluation with less than 14 out of 20 will be excluded. If the jury deems it necessary, the 3 candidates with the best classification in the curriculum evaluation will be selected for an interview, where the communication skills and knowledge acquired with the work already carried out will be evaluated. If an interview is necessary, parameters A+B will correspond to 70% and parameter C. Interview will correspond to 30%.
11. Composition of the Selection Jury: Chair: Manuel António Coimbra
Full members: Elisabete Verde Martins Coelho and Cláudia Sofia Cordeiro Nunes
Alternate members: Andreia Filipa Sousa Ferreira and Pedro António Rodrigues Fernandes
12. Deadline for applications and how to submit applications: 1 August to 24 and only applications submitted within the deadline will be admitted. Applications must be formalized by sending a letter of application accompanied by the following documents: Curriculum Vitae, certificate of qualifications (including the average of Bachelor's and Master's degrees), declaration of honor and other supporting documents deemed relevant. They shall also indicate the e-mail address to which by such indication they accept to be notified for all purposes within this procedure.
firstname.lastname@example.org ( Bolsa: cLabel+:Ref. POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046080, PPS3).
: The results of the evaluation shall be made public no later than 60 working days after the closing date for submission of applications and shall be notified to the applicants. The candidates are informed, in a prior hearing, under the terms established in the Code of Administrative Procedure, of the probable meaning of the final decision, and may, within 10 working days of this notification, express their opinion on this decision. The final results may be appealed to the Rector, to be submitted within 10 working days from the respective notification.
: The final ranking list of candidates will be valid until January 2023 for the purpose of constituting a reserve list for selection.
The models of the grant contract and of the final report to be prepared by the grant holder and the supervisor are available at Research fellows - sgrh - Universidade de Aveiro (ua.pt) .
- University of Aveiro 29/7/2022
Research Administration, Pre/Post Award Ii, Emory University, United States, 4 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Ph D Position Department Of Clinical Science, University of Bergen, Norway, about 12 hours ago
PhD-position - Department of Clinical Science Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nat...
Ph D Student: The Role Of Water In The Adhesion And Friction At Interfaces With A Relevance To Positioning Challenges In Nanolithography, ARCNL, Netherlands, about 1 month ago
PhD-student: The role of water in the adhesion and friction at interfaces with a relevance to positioning challenges in nanolithography PhD-student: The role of water in the adhesion and friction ...
Ph D Digital Building Logbooks, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 3 days ago
The structure and use of digital building logbooks to support energy efficient and sustainable buildings. We are hiring a doctoral candidate on the structure and use of digital building logbooks (...
Ph D In Law, Hong Kong Ph D Fellowship Scheme , City University of Hong Kong ;, Hong Kong, about 5 hours ago
The School of Law at City University of Hong Kong is a boutique institution with an outstanding reputation as a leading law school. We foster a culture of integrated research and teaching, drawing...
Ph D Digital Building Logbooks, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 3 days ago
PhD Digital Building Logbooks PhD Digital Building Logbooks Published Deadline Location yesterday 21 Oct Delft The structure and use of digital building logbooks to support energy efficient and su...