• PhD in physics, chemistry, or engineering
• Hands-on experience with optical systems and/or microfluidics
• Very good academic achievements as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and talks/poster presentations at international conferences.
• Ability to draft (in English) scientific papers for academic journals.
• Ability to communicate (in English) complex information clearly, orally and in writing.
• Enthusiasm for learning basic microbiology techniques
• Ability to think creatively, propose and develop new ideas.
• Capability of working without close supervision, exercising a high degree of initiative and demonstrating a pro-active approach to work.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Research experience in biological physics, bioengineering, soft matter, physical chemistry, microbiology, or another related topic.
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: optical imaging (microscopy: imaging biological samples, image processing, building DIY microscopes); bioreactors (chemostats, turbidostats); continuous-flow microfluidics; bacterial and/or cell tissue cultures; in vitro models of bacterial infections.
• Experience in cross-disciplinary and / or collaborative research projects.
• Ability to communicate with researchers or other project partners from other scientific backgrounds.
• Ability to adapt to new ideas and willingness to approach new challenges and adjust plans to suit new priorities.
• Ability to work hard and organise work so as to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to maintain a clean and well-organised laboratory environment and to set up and maintain a well-organised digital repository of experimental data and protocols.
• Potential for career advancement as an independent researcher.
Postdoc Position Mechanobiology Of Bioengineered Bone Organoids , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 24 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Zurich, fixed-term The Laboratory for...
Doctoral Position (F/M/D) In Computational Biology And Machine Learning (E13/65 %) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 14 hours ago
24.03.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene (MIH) at the Technical University of Munich is looking for a doctoral candidate (f/m/d) to jo...
Open Postdoc Position On Developing A Next Generation Microfluidic Platform For Culturing Complex 3 D Multicellular Assemblies Within The Framework Of The Materials Driven Regeneration Program, Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, 3 days ago
Job description: At the Department of Instructive Biomaterials Engineering of the MERLN Institute for Technology-Inspired Regenerative Medicine at Maastricht University, and within the framework o...
Postdoc Position On Tumor And Lymph Node On Chip Platform For Cancer Studies, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
Position (Post-doctoral) Researcher Department(s) Mechanical Engineering Reference number V35.4909 Job description Cancer is the second cause of death worldwide and it is estimated that metastases...
Ph D Candidate, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
We are looking for a talented and motivated PhD candidate in interdisciplinary biophysics to advance and apply super-resolution imaging based on fluorophore fluctuations. Quantitative information ...
Ph D Student Neurochemistry, Stockholm University, Sweden, about 13 hours ago
at the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics . Closing date: 23 April 2021. The Department is mainly located with the other Departments of Chemistry and Life Sciences in the Arrhenius Laborato...