• PhD in physics, chemistry, or engineering
• Hands-on experience with optical systems and/or microfluidics
• Very good academic achievements as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and talks/poster presentations at international conferences.
• Ability to draft (in English) scientific papers for academic journals.
• Ability to communicate (in English) complex information clearly, orally and in writing.
• Enthusiasm for learning basic microbiology techniques
• Ability to think creatively, propose and develop new ideas.
• Capability of working without close supervision, exercising a high degree of initiative and demonstrating a pro-active approach to work.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Research experience in biological physics, bioengineering, soft matter, physical chemistry, microbiology, or another related topic.
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: optical imaging (microscopy: imaging biological samples, image processing, building DIY microscopes); bioreactors (chemostats, turbidostats); continuous-flow microfluidics; bacterial and/or cell tissue cultures; in vitro models of bacterial infections.
• Experience in cross-disciplinary and / or collaborative research projects.
• Ability to communicate with researchers or other project partners from other scientific backgrounds.
• Ability to adapt to new ideas and willingness to approach new challenges and adjust plans to suit new priorities.
• Ability to work hard and organise work so as to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to maintain a clean and well-organised laboratory environment and to set up and maintain a well-organised digital repository of experimental data and protocols.
• Potential for career advancement as an independent researcher.
Snf Funded Ph D Position Available On The Stochastic Control Of Toxin/Antitoxin Module In The Human Pathogen Pseudomonas Aeruginosa , University of Basel, Switzerland, about 1 hour ago
Your position The mission of the lab is to understand mechanistic principles responsible for virulence and persistence of important human pathogens. Towards these goals, we use a range of cutting-...
Open Ph D Position In Active Biomaterials , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 13 hours ago
29.04.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Nano- and Microrobotics lab is looking for an exceptional PhD candidate to further the development active biomaterials for stem cell research. About us ...
Ph D Candidate Sought With Interest In Gene Editing For Regenerative Medicine At The Faculty Of Health, Medicine And Life Sciences, Maastricht University, Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, 2 days ago
Description of the candidate Candidates should possess a Masters degree in a relevant field (e.g., Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or Genetics) or have experience that demonstrates their affinity...
Postdoc Position On Developing Stem Cell Based Microfluidic In Vitro Systems To Model Early Embryonic Development, Maastricht University, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
Postdoc position on developing stem cell-based microfluidic in vitro systems to model early embryonic development Postdoc position on developing stem cell-based microfluidic in vitro systems to mo...
Ph D / Post Doc In Biophysics , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 13 hours ago
03.05.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal Living cells rely on the ability of the cytoskeleton to continuously form and destroy diverse structures, which is strongly coupled to the adhesion processe...
Ph D On Electrokinetically Driven Microchips For Immuno Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
Department(s) Biomedical Engineering Reference number V50.4969 Job description At the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), we currently have a vacancy...