About the position
The Faculty of Social and Health Sciences at Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN) invites applications for a PhD research fellowship. The place of work is Lillehammer. The period of the fellowship is normally four years involving mandatory work amounting to 25% distributes over the period of employment. The period can be changed to 3 years. This is contingent on the candidate’s qualifications and preferences, as well as the department’s needs in terms of teaching and other student-related tasks.
The successful candidate will be admitted to the PhD programme in Health and Welfare at the faculty's, and doctoral projects must contribute to the faculties aims of strengthening the knowledge base in the field of this programme. The PhD candidate will be expected to be an active member of the research group «Co-production in research».
About the research field and content of the fellowship
Candidates must qualify for admission to the university’s PhD programme, and the doctoral education is carried out within this programme. Applicants who already hold a PhD will not be considered.
The academic and research community supporting the doctoral programme with supervision and research training comprises a number of professors and associate professors working in the relevant academic fields.
We are seeking to hire a doctoral research fellow who will be expected to contribute to the field of health and welfare services with a focus on next of kin of migrant background. We are particularly interested in projects that seek to actively include co-researchers’ user experiences in the research process, and a research design that involves partnership. The co-researchers should be recruited from among persons of migration background with experience from caregiving for close relatives. The research fellow is expected to actively participate in the research group «Co-production in research» and work in close cooperation with supervisors in planning and conducting the project. The project will contribute to knowledge within core areas in health and social sciences. This involves challenges related to the field of interest between individuals, groups and society. Further, the project is aimed at overarching problem areas such as inclusion and exclusion within the welfare sector and how health and social services are linked to ethnicity, social class, gender, religion, psychosocial health and wellbeing. We focus explicitly on relations between health and welfare services, social structures, culture, social inequality and living conditions among marginalized groups. These factors influence health and welfare services and involves caregivers such as next of kin and others in a close relationship with the person(s) in need.
Of particular interest could be:
- Collective and politicizing social work and caregiving to counteract individualized types of practice
- Alternative social arenas and strategies to challenge traditional expert and professional dominance
- Welfare and caregiving related to social inclusion, gender, cultural variation, diversity, belonging and work inclusion
The position is open to alternative fields of study
The position is linked to the Department of Social Sciences and Guidance
Erik Hagaseth Haug: Erik.firstname.lastname@example.org
Henning Pettersen: email@example.com
We welcome applicants with relevant theoretical and practical experience and education. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate that wants to address a scientific challenge in a stimulating collaborative environment. You should like to work as part of a team, both at INN and internationally, yet be willing to take on responsibilities on your own. You are required to be an independent learner, with the ability to perform demanding tasks within defined time frames. Personal qualities will be essential for the final ranking of candidates
- Two-year Master's degree or equivalent in relevant disciplines with the average grade of B or better, as defined by theNorwegian Qualifications Framework (120 credits). Alternative educational backgrounds will be considered on a case-by-case basis, if academically equivalent.
- Master's degree should be in social sciences disciplines such as for example social anthropology, sociology, welfare science or cultural and social psychology. Relevant master's degree in an adjacent discipline can also be assessed.
- Experience with relevant information and communications technology systems.
Excellent communication skills in a Scandinavian language and English, both oral and written.
Evaluation of candidates for the position will be based on a total assessment of educational background and other eligibility requirements, as defined in the advertisement.
How to apply
Your application and CV must be registered electronically. Click the “apply for position” button.
The application must include:
- Application letter (registered in jobbnorge's form). In the application letter, please provide the topic of the project, a description of your background and your motivation for the position.
- Relevant educational background and experience (registered in jobbnorge's form).
We kindly request that you enclose the following:
- Proposed project description of the study (max 8 pages, including references), outlining its academic relevance, methods, challenges and possibilities, and containing a tentative progression plan. The project description must be written in English.
- Copies of academic diplomas and transcripts
- A list of publications, where applicable
- Any other documentation you would like us to consider
Attachments must be uploaded as separate files. If the attachments exceed 30 MB, they must be compressed prior to upload. Documents submitted after expiry of the deadline will not be considered in the evaluation of your application.
The government workforce must, to the greatest extent possible, reflect the diversity of the population. Therefore, the university’s personnel policy aims to achieve balance in terms of age and gender, and to recruit individuals with disabilities and recruit from ethnic minority groups. The person appointed must abide by the instructions applicable to the position, the university’s internal administrative policies, and the laws, regulations and agreements that otherwise apply to the position at all times.
- An exciting and challenging position at a developing institution, dedicated colleagues and a supportive working environment
- The position is paid and placed in position code 1017, PhD candidate in the Government Salary Regulations
- For more information about INN University as an employer, please see here.
About Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN University) is home to over 15,000 students and 1,000 employees, and has campuses in Lillehammer, Hamar, Elverum, Rena, Evenstad and Blæstad.
INN University aspires to build strong and enduring academic and research environments that will spearhead regionally, nationally and internationally. We are developing a new and better institution with high academic and pedagogical quality, aiming at achieving university accreditation.
Our vision is "Stronger Together".
Ph D In Project Management , NTNU, Norway, about 15 hours ago
This is NTNU NTNU is a broad-based university with a technical-scientific profile and a focus in professional education. The university is located in three cities with headquarters in Trondheim. A...
Ph D Position, University of Bergen, Norway, about 7 hours ago
PhD-position Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally and locally – we shall be...
Ph D Position In Marine Plastic Pollution , NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Research Collaboration in Sustainability In 2015, the 2030 agenda with the 17 sustainability goals was adopted by all UN member states. The sustainability goals see the environment, economy and so...
Postdoctoral Position In Markets For Decarbonized Energy Systems, NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
About the position Applicants are invited for a two-year position as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Department of Electric Power Engineering, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), T...
Ph D Position In Self Assembly Of Sustainable Nanocomposites, NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
About the position We have a vacancy for a PhD position in Soft Matter Physics at PoreLab, Department of Physics, NTNU. The appointments have a duration of 3 years with the possibility of until 1-...
Ph D Position At Center For Quantum Spintronics, NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
About the position A PhD position is available at the Center of Quantum Spintronics, which is part of the Department of Physics, NTNU in Trondheim, Norway. The candidates will join and become part...