Tenure of award:
One year. Current fellows may apply to renew the Fellowship for a second year and will undergo the same application and evaluation procedures as first-time applicants.
Closing dates for applications:
15 November 2019
15 November 2020
Usually closes on 15 November.
Number of awards offered:
35 Fellows around the globe each year.
History or background of award
Established in 1938 in honour of famed pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart.
Purpose of award
The Amelia Earhart Fellowship is awarded annually to women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-related sciences and aerospace-related engineering.
Woman of any nationality are eligible. To apply for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Be registered full-time Ph.D./doctoral programme in qualifying area of science or engineering closely related to advanced studies in aerospace-related science or aerospace-related engineering at the time the application is submitted. A letter of acceptance or verification of enrolment must be submitted with the application.
• Demonstrate a superior academic record at a recognized university or college with accredited courses in aerospace-related studies as verified by official transcripts and recommendations. In programs where graduate transcripts are not provided as a matter of institutional policy, applicants should provide a statement that policy from the registrar or other school official. Please note that electronic transcripts will not be accepted.
• Provide evidence of well-defined research program in aerospace-related science or aerospace-related engineering as described in the application essay (in general scientific terms), academic documents and publications
• clearly demonstrate the relationship of the research to aerospace and furnish verification of research program through at least one of the reference letters required with the application (i.e. research supervisor or advisor must be one of the referees).
• Applicants must be registered in a full-time Ph.D/doctoral program when funds are received in September and will not graduate before April 2017.
How do students apply?
Complete an official application in English (may be printed or downloaded from the Zonta International
website. The Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship Committee reviews the applicati
ons and recommends recipients to the Zonta International Board. All applicants will be notified of their status by
the end of April 2017.
Fellows may accept additional grants and scholarships from other sources.
The Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship Committee reviews the applications and recommends recipients to the Zonta International Board of Directors.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
All applicants will be notified of their status by the end of April.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Recipients are not permitted to defer the Fellowship. Zonta International will consider a new application the following year, but no preferential consideration will be given to the second application.
Who else has information about this award?
Contact your local university scholarships officer or Zonta New Zealand
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Organisation: Zonta International Foundation
Address: 1211 West 22nd Street
Oak Brook Illinois 60523 United States
Phone: +1 630-928-1400
Aut Government Partnership Graduate Certificate In Arts (Interpreting) Scholarship, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 7 days ago
Closing date: 15/02/2020 Subject to available funding Value of Award: Full tuition fees, student levies No. of awards: Up to six in 2019 Tenure: Each scholarship will consist of full tuition fees ...
Aut Wuhan University Semester Fees Scholarship, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 3 days ago
Closing date: 01/11/2019 Value of Award: See "Additional Information" No. of awards: Four annually Tenure: One semester of full-time study (60pts). AUT's Faculty of Culture and Society offers an e...
R H T Bates Postgraduate Scholarship, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 14 hours ago
Closing date: 02/09/2019 Applications for the 2020 scholarship are now open. Closing date 2 September 2019. Value of Award: $6,000. No. of awards: One each year. Tenure: One year. The R H T Bates ...
Keystone Trust Student Study Awards, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 14 hours ago
Closing date: 15/08/2019 2019 Study Award Applications are now Value of Award: Up to $5,000 per annum for threeyears No. of awards: 10 Tenure: The Keystone Study Award is one of the most significa...
John Tapiata Scholarship, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 6 days ago
Closing date: 01/11/2019 Applications close 1 November in the year preceding the award Value of Award: $6,000 contribution towards fees No. of awards: One Tenure: • The tenure of this scholarship ...
Eric And Kathy Hertz Māori And Pacific Residential Scholarships, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 7 days ago
Closing date: 01/12/2019 Re-opened to February 2019 Value of Award: Up to NZ$7,000- See additional information No. of awards: Up to 5 Tenure: The tenure of this scholarship is for one year. In con...