Closing date: 10/01/2020
These Fellowships are established under the terms of the Will of the late Phyllis Irene Grey.
1. There shall be Fellowships to be called the Phyllis Irene Grey Fellowships in Veterinary Science.
2. The Fellowships shall be open to female Veterinary Science students with a particular interest in animal health research.
3. The Fellowships shall be used -
(a) to pursue a course of study in research into animal health for the Bachelor of Philosophy into animal health;
(b) to pursue a course of study towards a postgraduate degree or diploma in research into animal health;
(c) to assist in the payment of education towards the Bachelor of Veterinary Science degree.
4. The Fellowships shall be awarded annually and shall have a maximum value of up to $3,000 per annum. A lesser or greater amount may apply depending on the available income, or proportion which may also be used to support the research of the recipient, this to be nominated at the time of the award.
5 If, for any reason, there are no applicants, or applicants are deemed unsuitable, the income shall be accumulated and according to the judgment of the University, either more Fellowships or a Fellowship of greater value shall be offered later.
6. The Fellowships shall be awarded on the recommendation of the Executive of the Institute of Veterinary, Animal and Biomedical Sciences.
7. Application forms are available from the Research and Postgraduate Studies Office, IVABS, and should be submitted to the Scholarships Office by 10 January each year. However, in special circumstances and when finance permits consideration may be given to applications received other than by the normal closing date.
8. Applicants should include in their application, their curriculum vitae, academic record and any material establishing financial need.
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Log in to the student portal.
Select the scholarships tab and choose ‘Make an application’.
You must complete the admission process before you can apply for a scholarship. Read the section for Prospective students on ourHow to apply page.
Comparative Procedure For The Coverage Of A Three Year Fixed Term University Researcher Position,..., Università degli Studi di Sassari, Italy, 23 days ago
Comparative procedure for the coverage of n. 1 position of university researcher with a fixed-term contract, pursuant to art. 24, co. 3, letter b), law 240/2010, Area 07 Agricultural and veterinar...
Technician Zootechny 1 Position, Banat’s University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine “King Michael Ist” of Timisoara, Romania, 7 days ago
B.1. Specialized studies: graduate of high school sciences/agricultural (earth studies/chemistry/biology), student in veterinary medicine or in animal husbandry / biotechnologies; specialized stu...
M Sc Or Ph D In Biological Sciences, BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES RESEARCH CENTRE "ALEXANDER FLEMING", Greece, 9 days ago
The lab of Dr. George Kollias at the Biomedical Sciences Research Center ‘Alexander Fleming’ (www.fleming.gr ) is seeking a bioscientist with proven track record in the analysis and characterizati...
Faculty Position In Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 7 hours ago
Position Description: The Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine and the Department of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Maryland College Park, MD, invite applications from qualif...
Ph D Fellowship In Epidemiology And Quantification Of Antimicrobial Use In Cattle, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 6 hours ago
We are offering a PhD fellowship in epidemiology and quantification of antimicrobial use in cattle commencing the 1st of March 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter. Our group and research The Ph...
Postdoc Position In Computational Genomics , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 8 hours ago
50%-100%, Zurich, temporary The Animal Genomics Group at the Institute of Agricultural Sciences investigates genomic variation within and between livestock populations. The group applies bioinfor...