Study Area(s): Business; Engineering; Technology; Science
Scholarship Level: School leaver / 1st year
Closing Date(s): 30 November
Tenure: 3 years, subject to academic progress.
Number offered: Three
Value: $30,000. See additional information
These scholarships are designed to be fully comprehensive, and will support a student right the way through from their first year to their third year of study.
As part of their outreach in supporting the best and brightest students to achieve in tertiary education, and onward into fulfilling careers, Fuji Film (formerly Fuji Xerox) are offering three scholarships to Victoria University of Wellington students.
This scholarship is for a young person who demonstrates leadership qualities and who is intending to follow a career in their chosen field of study. Academic merit will be the main-focus when assessing applications, but as a secondary consideration, preference may be given to students experiencing financial hardship. Students must maintain a B+ average GPA in order to maintain the scholarship.
- Applicants must have NCEA level 2 endorsed with Merit or have University Entrance or equivalent and intend to enrol full-time in their first year of undergraduate study at Victoria University of Wellington in the year following application.
- Applicants must be under the age of 25 years on 1 December in the year of application.
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or have New Zealand permanent resident status.
- Applicants must be intending to enrol in an undergraduate degree under Wellington School of Business and Government, or, one of the following degrees: a Bachelor of Engineering majoring in Software Engineering, Cybersecurity Engineering or Electronic and Computer Systems Engineering; or a Bachelor of Science majoring in Computer Science.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- This scholarship may not be held in conjunction with other full fee-paying awards.
- Recipients are asked to write a letter of thanks to the donor and may be asked to attend a presentation evening for this scholarship with the donor
- The recipients may also be asked to participate in promotional activities around this scholarship.
The recipient will be selected by a committee comprising of the Dean of Engineering, or their nominee, the Dean of the Business School, or their nominee, in consultation with representatives from Fuji Film. Applicants will be notified after the application deadline whether they have been awarded the scholarship.
The value of the scholarship is $30,000, at $10,000 per year for three years. In the first year, $5,000 to be paid toward accommodation, and $5,000 to be paid as a stipend. For the second and third years, $5,000 toward either tuition fees or accommodation, and $5,000 as a stipend.
Regulations and conditions
Scholarships and PhD Admissions Office
Phone0800 04 04 04
Habit Health's Māori And Pasifika Scholarships, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 13 days ago
Habit Health's Māori and Pasifika Scholarships intend to assist tertiary students to complete undergraduate study in physiotherapy and occupational therapy or postgraduate study in psychology and ...
Pathways To Victoria Scholarship, Australian Catholic University, Australia, 3 days ago
Pathways to Victoria Scholarship Application process No formal application is required. The University will assess all commencing students for their eligibility based on the information in the app...
Walker Family Occupational Therapy Scholarship, Australian Catholic University, Australia, 3 days ago
Walker Family Occupational Therapy Scholarship About this scholarship This scholarship was established in 2021 after an endowment by retired Occupational Therapist, Christine Walker, on behalf of ...
Post Doctoral Researcher, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 2 hours ago
« Back to Jobs Post-Doctoral Researcher Location: Gracefield Type: Temporary Post Date: Fri Jul 23 03:43:32 2021 Ref: 2024 Do you have a PhD in applied physics or engineering or a related discipli...
2021 Creative Biolabs Scholarship, Arizona State University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Competition For Two (2) Research Scholarships, Hereinafter Referred To As Ph D Research Scholarships... (# Of Pos: 2), University of Beira Interior, Portugal, 2 days ago
Applications and supporting documents for the application foreseen in Notice of Opening of Competition must be submitted by email, addressed to Professor João J. Ferreira, Head of the R&D Project,...