The Board of Studies of the Graduate School of Social Sciences is seeking two student members for an appointment of six hours per week. The Board of Studies consists of the director of the Graduate School and the directors of the Master's and Research Master's programmes, and constitutes the school’s most important consultative body. It determines general policy relating to the education provided and related matters.
What will you be doing?
- contribute to the discussion and decision-making on general education policy within the GSSS;
- contribute to and support the development of new policy, more specifically based on the needs and interests of the students, with a focus on the diversity of the student population;
- help to supervise proper implementation and monitoring of GSSS policy, more specifically based on the needs and interests of students and once again with a focus on the diversity of the student population;
- contribute to the implementation and execution of internationalisation policy and the international (student) environment at the FMG;
- periodically meet with the student representatives of the Boards of Studies of the GSSS degree programmes and bring up problems and wishes from these fora which span across degree programmes or are not adequately addressed at degree programme level;
- periodically initiate meetings with the Faculty Student Council and study associations, in order to discuss mutual problem areas and needs;
- periodically meet with other Board of Studies (BOS) students within the FMG and the UvA in the interest of developing collective positions and joint initiatives;
- participate in the organisation of labour-market/career activities.
What do we require of you?
- must, when starting the position, have at least half a year left to go in one of the (Research) Master's programmes at the GSSS;
- are enterprising and proactive and have good interpersonal skills;
- have a good social network within the FMG and/or are able to build such a network;
- have an excellent command of the English language (written and spoken);
- will preferably, at least one of the two BOS student members, have an excellent command of the Dutch language (written and spoken);
- are capable of making an independent contribution to policy development within the GSSS, preferably evidenced by previous activities;
- have a problem-solving mindset.
Familiarity with the organisational structure of the UvA is a plus.
The position entails an appointment of six hours per week for the duration of one year. Depending on the academic year, the salary will be at least €2,110 and no more than €2,462 (student assistant scale), based on full-time employment of 38 hours per week. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities applies.
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact the current student board members:
Would you like to learn more about working at the University of Amsterdam? Visit our website .
The UvA is an equal-opportunity employer. We prioritise diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We value a spirit of enquiry and perseverance, provide the space to keep asking questions, and promote a culture of curiosity and creativity.
You may submit your application before 7 September via the link below.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 9 September in the afternoon, so please keep this in mind.
No agencies please
Ph D Position: Environmental Fate, Bioavailability And Bioaccumulation Of Pfas, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
Do you have a passion for science and wish to understand the environmental risk of PFAS? Then the Universiteit of Amsterdam (UvA) and the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) would like to get to kno...
James Fawcett New Zealand Herpetofaunal Postgraduate Research Award The University Of Auckland, The University of Auckland, New Zealand, 2 days ago
About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applications Applicable study: Postgraduate research project of at least 30 points in the School of Biological Sciences Opening dat...
Emma Waterhouse Award For Women In Natural Science The University Of Auckland, The University of Auckland, New Zealand, 3 days ago
About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applications Applicable study: Undergraduate or postgraduate study in the natural sciences, including Biological Science, Environme...
Two Ph D Positions In Experimental Quantum Physics, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
Are you a highly-motivated student with excellent laboratory skills for performing state-of-the-art quantum physics experiments? The strontium quantum gases group has two PhD positions in Experi...
Professor John Asher Scholarship In German The University Of Auckland, The University of Auckland, New Zealand, 2 days ago
About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applications Applicable study: Undergraduate or postgraduate study in German Opening date: 1 February Closing date: 15 March Tenu...
Evelyn Constance Alexander Scholarship In German The University Of Auckland, The University of Auckland, New Zealand, 3 days ago
About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applications Applicable study: Undergraduate or postgraduate study in German Opening date: TBC Closing date: TBC Tenure: One year...