Since 2014 the Communication Science department has a Methods Desk where students can ask their statistical and methodological questions. Due to the success of the Methods Desk, the College and Graduate School would like to get in touch with suitable candidates for the position of student-assistant at the Methods Desk Communication Science.
What will you be doing?
You will be:
- staffing the Methods Desk for 3 sessions, of 4 hours each, per week where you will answer statistical and methodological questions from Communication Science students, mostly by pointing them in the right direction;
- answering questions by email outside opening hours of the Methods Desk;
- building and maintaining a Q&A-database;
- organising & lecturing SPSS Refreshment Courses.
What do we require?
- are a student of the Research Master in Communication Science;
- are available as a student assistant (and studying in the Research Master programme) for at least a year from January 2021 on;
- have good customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately;
- have an understanding of advanced qualitative and quantitative research methods and are able to use a range of advanced statistical methods;
- have extensive knowledge of MS Office and good knowledge of SPSS (knowledge of python or R is a plus-point);
- have excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and/or English;
- preferably have some experience with explaining (complex) assignments by, for example, tutoring high school students.
The position is temporary for a period of at least a year. Depending on the year of study, the salary range is €2,110 to €2,462 gross per month (Student assistant salary grade, pursuant to the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities ), based on a full-time workweek.
If you have any questions about this position you may contact:
- Ivar Klinkenberg MA
Would you like to learn more about working at the University of Amsterdam? Visit the website .
The UvA is an equal-opportunity employer. We prioritise diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We value a spirit of enquiry and perseverance, provide the space to keep asking questions, and promote a culture of curiosity and creativity.
To apply for this position, please send your application to Ms. Rosanne Eijsink MSc .
The interviews will take place in the week of 14 December.
No agencies please
Ph D Researcher Work & Organizational Psychology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 23 days ago
· At the starting date (September 15th,2021), you have a master degree in psychology or educational sciences, social sciences or related disciplines and graduated with excellent study result...
Ph D Long Term Development Of Identity And Adaptation In Chronic Illness, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 6 days ago
At the starting date (October 1, 2021), you have a master degree in psychology or educational sciences, social sciences or related disciplines and you graduated with excellent study results. You c...
Ph D Student, Ghent University, Belgium, about 23 hours ago
Job description UGENT DESCRIPTION: Ghent University is a top class University and the world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, managem...
Ph D Position In Data Science For Business Applications, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 6 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-285) Laatst aangepast : 5/04/2021 The section of statistics and data science of the mathematics department at KU Leuven is active in a variety of research topics. We conduct conduct...
Ph D In Artificial Intelligence For Chemical Biology, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 24 minutes ago
Department(s) Biomedical Engineering Reference number V50.4916 Job description In the last few years, artificial intelligence (AI) has been driving progress in a multitude of tasks, e.g., predict ...
Ph D In Gamified M Health For (Post )Pandemic Mental Healthcare Support, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 24 minutes ago
Department(s) Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences Reference number V39.4919 Job description Short Description The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted or halted critical mental health servic...