Application Deadline: 15 September
Application Link: https://www.academictransfer.com/en/293222/postdoctoral-position-in-artificial-intelligence-and-human-activity-recognition/
The Department of Data Science and Knowledge Engineering (DKE) at Maastricht University, the Netherlands, is looking for a postdoctoral researcher at the crossroads of artificial intelligence and automated human activity recognition. The position is embedded in the current Robots, Agents and Interaction group (RAI) of DKE and the soon to be established Affective and Visual Computing Lab (AVCL). The group consists of Associate & Assistant Professors, postdoctoral researchers, PhD candidates and master/bachelor students, who work closely together on a day-to-day basis, for exchanging knowledge, ideas, and research advancements. We are conducting both fundamental and applied research, with a focus on automated human behavior understanding. The full-time position is offered for one year initially, with a possibility for an extension for another year, depending on the candidate’s performance.
The successful candidate will:
1. Support the group’s R&D activities in human activity/behavior recognition using a variety of sensors (e.g. RGB and/or depth cameras, wearable sensors) and latest AI, as well as context-related information and medical data that will become available. This research will become part of a novel decision support system to be used by doctors and caregivers of senior citizens affected by Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and other dementias and comorbidities. The researcher will work within the frames of the large-scale, multi-disciplinary EU H2020 project ProCare4Life (see https://procare4life.eu/ for more information). The project will design new tools for integrated care by means of efficient and cost-effective ICT tools.
2. Support day-to-day project-related activities, on site (depending on COVID-19 restrictions) and online meetings, as well as the preparation of reports and presentations.
3. (Co-)author scientific, peer-reviewed papers, submitted to top conferences and journals in the field of human-machine interaction, computer vision, and artificial intelligence.
4. Provide support and/or manage funding acquisition activities and proposal writing (national and international, e.g. Horizon Europe
1. A PhD degree (already completed or to be completed shortly) in computer vision, machine learning, artificial intelligence, or a closely related field.
2. Team spirit.
3. Solid interest in latest advances in AI, especially in the field of Deep Learning, with proven experience (e.g. through publications, projects, etc.) and willingness to publish in top venues in the field, in collaboration with the rest of the team.
4. Very good programming skills (esp. Python) and experience in RESTFUL APIs and Database Management
5. Fluent command of English, both writing and speaking.
6. Very good presentation, communication and organization skills.
Experience with grant proposal preparation and coordination will be very much appreciated.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The intended starting date of this position is as soon as possible, though no later than January 1, 2021.
The salary will be set in scale 10 (between € 2.790 and € 4.402 gross per month) depending on education and relevant work experience. On top of this, there is an 8% holiday and an 8.3% year-end allowance. The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. Non-Dutch applicants could be eligible for a favorable tax treatment (30% rule). For more information look at the website: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.
Maastricht University (UM) has around 18,000 students and 4,400 employees. Reflecting the university's strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. UM is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. UM placed #6 in Times Higher Education’s (THE) Young Universities Ranking 2020, and #127 in THE’s World University Rankings 2020.
The Department of Data Science and Knowledge Engineering. Founded in 1992, we are a fast-growing department undertaking internationally respected research in the areas of computer science, human-machine interaction, artificial intelligence and applied mathematics. Much of our research takes place at the interfaces of these disciplines. We maintain a large network of industry partners and provide education through one bachelor’s programme and two master’s programmes.
Situated in the heart of Europe and within 30 kilometers from the German and Belgian borders, Maastricht and its 120,000 inhabitants have a strong international character. It is a safe, vibrant city with a history spanning more than 2,000 years. The city’s rich past is reflected everywhere in the streets: the ratio of monuments-to-inhabitants is roughly 1:73. If you are unfamiliar with the Netherlands, UM’s Knowledge Centre for International Staff will gladly assist you with practical matters such as housing.
Our new colleague(s) will be joining a tight-knit department consisting of ~50 principal investigators, postdocs and PhD students, >600 BSc and MSc students and a team of 16 dedicated support staff members. Together, we come from over 40 different countries.
Postdoctoral Position In Machine Learning For Robotics And Human Robot Collaboration, Maastricht University, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
Postdoctoral position in machine learning for robotics and human-robot-collaboration Postdoctoral position in machine learning for robotics and human-robot-collaboration Published Deadline Locatio...
Postdoctoral Researcher Sought In Regenerative Medicine, Maastricht University, Netherlands, 12 days ago
Postdoctoral researcher sought in regenerative medicine Postdoctoral researcher sought in regenerative medicine Published Deadline Location 9 Oct 25 Oct Maastricht Postdoctoral researcher sought i...
Post Doc, Faculty Of Psychology And Neuroscience / Department Work And Social Psychology (0,7 Fte), Maastricht University, Netherlands, 12 days ago
Post-Doc, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience / Department Work and Social Psychology (0,7 FTE) Post-Doc, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience / Department Work and Social Psychology (0,7 FTE...
Postdoctoral Researcher Sought In Regenerative Medicine, Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, 17 days ago
Fixed-term contract: 3 years. We offer full-time employment for a postdoc. The appointment will be for a period of 3 years. The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Coll...
Post Doctoral Research Associate Headache, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
We are seeking a post-doctoral research associate to join the headache group at King’s College London under the supervision of Dr Philip Holland. The research is funded by an Eli Lilly Research Ag...
Research Fellow, University of Michigan, United States, 8 days ago
Apply Now Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window. How to Apply Please submit the following application materials (Note: All of your application materials must be combined into a singl...