Irène Curie Fellowship
This research position will focus on reliability and redundance aspects of the network infrastructure which are affected by increasing integration of renewable energy sources. The reliability assessment modules will be developed in form of twining models which can provide insight on the tradeoff of grid redundancy and reinforcement. Such asset intelligence is expected to allow the DSOs increasing their flexibility in handling higher share of RES. The developed (component) twining models can be used together with other (system) twining models to contribute to the development of Real-Time Interface enabled Active Network Management. This is a part of the project ORKEST under the MOOI-2023 funding from RVO/TKI Urban Energy.
We are looking for an excellent and highly motivated candidate with:
- A MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Solid knowledge of power grid components and their ageing mechanisms, models for ageing and remaining life estimations.
- Solid knowledge in Probabilities, Stochastic Optimization, complexity theory.
- Excellent relevant modeling skills in Python, optimization tools; Experience with software simulation tools for power flow calculations, e.g., Vision, Power Factory is an advantage.
- Ability (and experience is an advantage) to design and perform field and laboratory experiments
- Ability to work in a team and interested in collaborating with the industrial partners.
- An academic attitude in order to develop new technologies and perform applied research with an integral view on what is needed for the future energy system.
- An excellent command of the English and Dutch language, both in speaking and writing.
Conditions of employment
We offer you an attractive and modern workplace with access to the excellent equipment of the TU/e, close cooperation with the other companies in the consortium, a varied work, a wide range of training opportunities, and possibilities to access advanced, state-of-the-art technologies, platforms from industrial partners of the ORKEST project.
Besides this we offer you:
- A full-time employment for four years, with an intermediate evaluation (go/no-go) after nine months. You will spend 10% of your employment on teaching tasks.
- Salary and benefits (such as a pension scheme, paid pregnancy and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave) in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, scale 27 (min. €2,541 max. €3,247).
- A year-end bonus of 8.3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- High-quality training programs and other support to grow into a self-aware, autonomous scientific researcher. At TU/e we challenge you to take charge of your own learning process .
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children's day care and sports facilities.
- An allowance for commuting, working from home and internet costs.
- A Staff Immigration Team and a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) for international candidates.
Information and application
Eindhoven University of Technology is an internationally top-ranking university in the Netherlands that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a top-five position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Curious to hear more about what it’s like as a PhD candidate at TU/e? Please view the video.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact dr. Phuong Nguyen, email p.nguyen.hong[at]tue.nl.
Visit our website for more information about the application process or the conditions of employment. You can also contact HR Services, email HRServices.Flux[at]tue.nl.
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page .
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the apply button.
The application should include a:
We look forward to receiving your application and will screen it as soon as possible. The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.
2 Ph D Positions On Social Tipping Dynamics In Sustainability Transitions, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 11 days ago
2 PhD positions on social tipping dynamics in sustainability transitions 2 PhD positions on social tipping dynamics in sustainability transitions Published Deadline Location today 30 Apr Eindhoven...
Ph D In Steering Droplet Agglomeration In Spray Dryers, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 25 days ago
PhD in steering droplet agglomeration in spray dryers PhD in steering droplet agglomeration in spray dryers Published Deadline Location yesterday 26 Mar Eindhoven Job description Project descripti...
2 Ph D Positions On Social Tipping Dynamics In Sustainability Transitions, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 18 days ago
2 PhD positions on social tipping dynamics in sustainability transitions 2 PhD positions on social tipping dynamics in sustainability transitions Published Deadline Location yesterday 1 May Eindho...
Ph D's On (Multi) Robot Control, Perception And Human Robot Interaction, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 4 days ago
PhD's on (multi) robot control, perception and human-robot interaction PhD's on (multi) robot control, perception and human-robot interaction Published Deadline Location today 30 Apr Eindhoven The...
Ph D Student "Failure Mechanisms In Electromagnetic Actuators", Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 6 days ago
PhD student "Failure mechanisms in electromagnetic actuators" PhD student "Failure mechanisms in electromagnetic actuators" Published Deadline Location yesterday 30 Apr Eindhoven Job description T...
4 Ph D's In The Field Of Modelling Of Three Phase Flows With Catalytic Particles, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 18 days ago
4 PhD's in the field of modelling of three-phase flows with catalytic particles 4 PhD's in the field of modelling of three-phase flows with catalytic particles Published Deadline Location yester...