Sønderborg is an international campus with students from more than 60 nationalities. The Faculty of Engineering is represented by the Mads Clausen Institute (MCI). Recently, in a partnership with local actors, the Centre for Industrial Electronics (CIE) has been founded, which is part of the section Electrical Engineering at MCI.
The task portfolio of the PhDs will be linked to several projects within CIE. CIE is embedded in a powerhouse in electronics, which includes researchers and developers at universities and industries on both sides of the Danish-German border. CIE is a new initiative striving for high quality and great impact of its research, innovation and education. Central to achieving this objective is access to state of the art facilities and close collaborations with industries.
The aim of the positions are to build strong knowledge and competencies within advanced characterization of modern Aluminium electrolytic and metallized film capacitors including development of lifetime models and material characterization.
- You will conduct research in the field of modern power Electronics, e.g., passive and active components, develop models for lifetime prediction, methods to predict and test for reliability, understand physics of failures. Research should be validated by theoretical, modelling and experimental methods.
- You will participate in planning, execution and documentation of projects with industrial partners.
- You will be involved in the daily supervision of Master and Bachelor students.
- You will publish and present your work both at international conferences and in scientific journals with high impact.
- You will assist in teaching activities.
- You have a Master degree (equivalent to a Danish master's degree) in Power Electronics, Physics, Chemistry or related fields.
- You are a team player and have strong communication skills.
- You are interested in a longer term commitment in a growing research group and you are willing to work in close cooperation with industry.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Further information is available Associate Professor Thomas Ebel, Head of CIE, phone: +45 93 50 72 05, email:email@example.com
Important information before applying
Applicants are required to have a master’s degree (equivalent to a Danish master's degree) at the time of enrollment and employment.
Employment as a PhD fellow is a 3-year salaried position . Employment of a PhD fellow can only happen after the PhD Committee has approved the candidate for admission to the PhD school. Employment and enrollment will cease without further notice at the end of the period.
A PhD fellow is not allowed to have any kind of sideline employment , while enrolled as PhD fellow at the faculty.
Employment is governed by the Protocol on PhD Research Fellows signed by the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Further information about salary and conditions of employment.
The successful candidate will be enrolled at SDU in accordance with Faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order).
Applications must be uploaded using the link "Apply online". The Faculty expects applicants to read the Faculty information for prospective PhD students and the SDU information on how to apply before applying.
The application must be in English and all non-Danish documents must be translated into English.
The applications must include the following - the required forms must be found at the above mentioned Faculty website:
- Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants
- Motivation letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages). Upload in the field called “Project description”
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information
- Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master's diploma and transcripts of exams in professional English translation or in Danish
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”
- An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
- References, you're welcome to use the form for reference letter at the Faculty website, if any
- List of publications and maximum 2 examples of relevant publications, in case you have any publications
If shortlisting is used, only shortlisted applicants will be assessed by an assessment committee.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Ph D Positions On The Material Constraints Of The Energy And Climate Transition , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 24 hours ago
The PhD positions will be funded by the project “Critical Resource Bottlenecks and Constraint Aware Pathways towards 100% Renewable Energy in Denmark (ReCAP)”, in which collaboration with core ind...
Ph D Stipend In Efficient Interdisciplinary Data Exchange Between Actors In Design And Renovation Projects (6 19089), Aalborg University, Denmark, about 9 hours ago
At the Facualty of Engineering and Science, Department of Civil Engineering a PhD stipend is available within the general research programme Civil Engineering. The stipend is open for appointment ...
Ph D Scholarship Within Phosphorus Recovery From Wastewater Sludge , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 24 hours ago
Phosphorus (P) is a non-renewable resource essential as fertilizer to ensure sufficient food production. Phosphorus in Danish wastewater is estimated to cover 15-25% of the Danish demand and conse...
Ph D Position In Spin Photon Interfaces At The Quantum Photonics Group At The Niels Bohr Institute, University Of Copenhagen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 24 hours ago
The Quantum Photonics group at the Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen is seeking a PhD fellow in the field of Spin-photon interfaces. The Ph.D. position is funded by the H2020 MSCA Inn...
Ph D Stipend Limno Plast Project (6 19085), Aalborg University, Denmark, about 9 hours ago
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Civil Engineering, Section of Water and Environment, a PhD stipend is available within the PhD programme of Civil Engineering. The stipend ...
Phd Stipend In Omics Study Of Inflammatory And Autoimmune Diseases (21 19086), Aalborg University, Denmark, 16 days ago
At the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Health Science and Technology a PhD stipend is available within the general research programme "Biomedical Science and Engineering ". The stipend is open ...