The application must be submitted by email and in English, and consists of:
- the application form containing: personal details (including language proficiencies), the LIMES project targeted, and a research proposal and a work plan which responds to the relevant project description (max. 1.000 words). The research proposal must elaborate on the project description as set forth below. (cf. template )
- Annex I: A letter of motivation stating the candidate’s qualifications and reasons for interest in the position.
- Annex II: Curriculum vitae, outlining relevant work experience and research output (where applicable). Applicants who have taken a break in their career should indicate this in their application (and in their CV), so it can be taken into account during the selection process.
- Annex III: Ethics self-assessment, based on the standard ethical research principles and the ethical principles of H2020 (cf. template )
- Annex IV: Copy of Bachelor (BA) and (Research) Master (MA) degree and transcript (including GPA)
- Annex V: Proof of proficiency in English (for applicants who are neither native speakers of English nor have followed an English-taught BA or MA); see below for the expected level
- Annex VI: One academic paper (course paper; thesis; academic publication)
- Annex VII: contact information of two references (including e-mail; phone number; mailing address; and relationship to the applicant)
Following receipt of an application, the Programme Office (PO) carries out an eligibility check. In addition to the completeness of the application file, the PO also checks compliance with the Marie Skłodowska Curie Action (MSCA) requirements (1), minimum standards of academic performance (2), and language skills (3).
(1) Early-Stage Researchers (ESR) must on 10 March 2021 be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree entitling him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged.
Mobility Rule: Researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the Netherlands for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before 10 March 2021.
Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
(2) LIMES requires that applicants have reached an overall average Grade Point Average (GPA) of the completed Bachelor of at least 3.4 and completed their Master study with a GPA of at least 3.5 (MA).
(3) For applicants who are neither native speakers of English nor have followed an English-taught BA or MA, the PO accepts certificates from:
- IELTS test: minimum score overall 7.0 and minimum writing score 6.5
- TOEFL test: overall, internet-based minimum score 100 and minimum writing score 25
- TOEFL test: overall, paper-based minimum score 600
- TOEFL test: overall, computer-based minimum score 250
- A Cambridge certificate: C or higher for the CAE (Certificate in Advanced English).
In case of ineligibility, the PO notifies the applicant by e-mail within ten working days after the receipt of the application.
Maastricht University is committed to nurturing an inclusive culture and a welcoming atmosphere. This inclusiveness strategy has resulted in a very diverse representation of nationalities and cultures. We strongly believe that diversity (including, but not limited to ethnicity, gender, age and (dis)ability) is to our advantage. Creating an inclusive working climate in which students and staff feel a valued member of the UM community is therefore a top strategic priority. UM values diversity within its community and encourages you to apply if you are qualified for this position.
In case of equally qualified applicants for the same position, we favour candidates from underrepresented groups in case of comparable qualification. There will be a check of the final selection results for gender and diversity balance and a possible redress.
The deadline for submitting your application is 10 March 2021.
Please send your application electronically to email@example.com.
All applicants will be notified by 17 March 2021 at the latest as to whether they have been selected for an interview with the LIMES Cluster Committees. The interviews are expected to take place in the week of 22 March 2021. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, interviews will be held digitally. Please see the application procedure on the website for more information.
Doctoral Student Position, Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech, 16 days ago
Application must include: Written application for the doctoral student application must contain the following attachments: Curriculum Vitae of the candidate; brief statement of research intere...
Ph D Position In Archaeological Biogeochemisty, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, 15 days ago
About the Research Group The Geology & Geochemistry (G&G) group consists of ~30 research and technical staff. Research addresses a diverse set of questions that range from the formation and differ...
Ph D Dynamical Systems Perspective On Clouds, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 1 day ago
We are looking for a strong, curiosity-driven candidate who enjoys conceptual thinking and modeling as well as computational data analysis. To be considered for this position, you must hold a scie...
Ph D Position In Entrepreneurship, KU Leuven, Belgium, 1 day ago
Benefits We offer an employment as a full time doctoral student for typically up to four years in a stimulating, collegial and internationally renowned research environment currently counting abou...
5 Ph.D. Fellowships To Carry Out Interdisciplinary Training In Biological Sciences (# Of Pos: 5), Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn, Italy, about 1 hour ago
Duration of Ph.D. Thesis & Financial Support SStudents are expected to complete their thesis within three years, with the possibility of a fourth year without salary, to write up the thesis (shoul...
Ph D Position: Novel Concretes Based On Basic Oxygen Furnace Slag, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
Department(s) Built Environment Reference number V38.4955 Job description The cement and concrete industry is consuming large amounts of natural resources. One solution to this problem is the use ...