Interesting PhD position in Machine Learning in Data and AI (DAI) cluster at TU/e.
Mathematics and Computer Science
The Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI) group is a new and quickly growing group embedded in the Data and AI (DAI) cluster at the Eindhoven University of Technology. In the DAI cluster, we aim at developing foundations of AI for the present and the future. This includes the design of new AI methods, development of AI algorithms and tools with a view at expanding the reach of AI and its generalization abilities. In particular, we study foundational issues of robustness, safety, trust, reliability, tractability, scalability, interpretability and explain ability of AI.
The UAI group is looking for a highly motivated and skilled PhD candidate to work in an area of Machine Learning as suggested below. The concrete research direction will be determined together with the successful candidate. Potential topics include, but are not restricted to:
- (Deep) Reinforcement Learning
- (Contextual) Multi-Armed Bandits
- Counterfactual Learning
- Fairness-aware Learning
- Fairness in Reinforcement Learning
- Off-policy Reinforcement Learning
- Modeling Bias in Machine Learning
- Decision Making under Uncertainty
- Auto ML
- Explainable AI
- Recommendation Systems
We encourage you to express your preferences on the above topics (if applicable) in your research statement.
We are looking for a motivated candidate with:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent coding skills (e.g. Python, PyTorch, Tensorflow);
- Excellent academic writing and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken);
- Desire to conduct excellent research and publish in high quality conferences and journals;
- Independent thinker and self-responsibility;
- Ability and desire to collaborate and work in teams;
- Ability and desire to support teaching and to co-supervise bachelor and master students;
- Knowledge of Reinforcement Learning is an advantage.
Conditions of employment
We offer you:
- An exciting job in a dynamic work environment
- A full time appointment for 4 year at Eindhoven University of Technology (www.tue.nl/en)
- The salary is in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities, increasing from € 2.395 per month initially, up to € 3.061 per month.
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including end-of-year bonus (8,3% in December), an extra holiday allowance (8% in May), moving expenses and excellent sports facilities.
More information on employment conditions can be found here:
Information and application
In your application, please submit:
- A research statement, including research experience and interests, and a short outline of the preferred future research direction (max. 1 page);
- A CV, including education history, relevant courses and theses, research experience (if available), a list of publications (if available), and teaching experience (if available);
- Electronic copy of (or a link to) Master thesis;
- Electronic copy of publications (if available; if more than 3, please submit top 3). If no publications are available, please submit some substitute, e.g. presentations slides of a given presentation;
- Contact details of or recommendation letters from 2 references.
For further information concerning the position, please contact Asst.Prof. Dr. Maryam Tavakol (m.tavakol[at]tue.nl
For information about the employment conditions please contact HRServices.MCS@tue.nl
Ph D Position In Machine Learning, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 29 days ago
The Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI) group is a new and quickly growing group embedded in the Data and AI (DAI) cluster at the Eindhoven University of Technology. In the DAI cluster, w...
Eth Ai Center Doctoral Fellowships (# Of Pos: 15), ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 11 days ago
In order to promote transdisciplinary AI research for the benefit of society, the ETH AI Center at ETH Zurich offers dedicated funding for full-time doctoral and postdoctoral researcher positions...
Ph D Position On Artificial Intelligence For Indoor Context Recognition, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 16 days ago
The Computer Science Department of Eindhoven University of Technology has a PhD position in Artificial Intelligence (AI) for intelligent context aware lighting in the Interconnected Resource- awar...
Ph D Position: Create An Ai Capable Of Solving Reasoning Tasks It Has Never Seen Before, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain, 9 days ago
Universitat Pompeu Fabra http://www.upf.edu and Prof. Gianni De Fabritiis, ICREA research professor https://es.linkedin.com/in/gdefabritiis , are looking to recruit a PhD student for a PhD on AI....
Funded Ph D Trustworthy Nlp And Ml, University College Dublin, Ireland, 11 days ago
PhD Position – Fair NLP: Mitigating bias and discrimination in datasets and machine learning models for natural language processing PhD Position Applicants are invited to apply for a PhD studentsh...
Pre Doctoral Position: Accelerating Biomedical Research Through Artificial Intelligence, Medical University of Vienna, Austria, 11 days ago
A pre-doctoral research position at the Institute for Artificial Intelligence and Decision Support at the Medical University of Vienna, Austria is available immediately. The project The past years...