The Control Systems Group at the Electrical Engineering Department in Eindhoven University of Technology has an opening for a PHD position for 1 fte of 4 years in the project (https://ispt.eu/projects/the-heat-is-on/).
The Heat is On project is concerned with heat that is needed for energy intensive processes like separation ad drying processes commonly used in the industries like agrofood, paper and specialty chemicals. In these industries 40-80 % of CO2 emissions are related to such energy intensive units. Therefore, this project aims to reduce fossil fuel consumption and increase energy efficiency by designing efficient separation and drying processes, applying commercially available energy saving techniques and smart process optimization and control through digital twins. The Heat Is On has been developed with industrial partners, SMEs, research institutes and universities, and is coordinated by the Institute for Sustainable Process Technology (ISPT).
In this project, The PhD student will focus on the development and application of data enriched hybrid/surrogate models suitable for fouling prediction via soft sensors and process optimization and scheduling in the dairy industry in real time. It is expected that the PhD student will collaborate with other researchers within the project and will interact with a number of Ducth SME’s, industrial partners in agrofood, paper and specialty chemicals.
Control Systems Group
The research mission of the Control Systems Group is to master complexity present in mechatronics, power systems, automotive systems and industrial processes. The group focuses on fundamental research in model reduction, spatial temporal systems, Lyapunov methods for real-time control and distributed systems, and system identification. Furthermore, many industrial projects are being carried out in the area of automotive, process control, wireless sensor networks, power systems. The group actively participates in the Dutch Institute of Systems and Control (DISC). For more detailed information on the activities of the group please check http://tue.nl/cs/
- a Masters Degree in Systems & Control, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or in any related fields from top universities
- strong academic credentials, written and spoken English proficiency
Conditions of employment
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for four years, with an intermediate evaluation (go/no-go) after nine months.
- To develop your teaching skills, you will spend 10% of your employment on teaching tasks.
- To support you during your PhD and to prepare you for the rest of your career, you will make a Training and Supervision plan and you will have free access to a personal development program for PhD students (PROOF program ).
- A gross monthly salary and benefits (such as a pension scheme, pregnancy and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave) in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- Should you come from abroad and comply with certain conditions, you can make use of the so-called ‘30% facility’, which permits you not to pay tax on 30% of your salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Information and application
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact
dr. Leyla Özkan (l.ozkan[at]tue.nl), https://www.tue.nl/en/research/researchers/leyla-ozkan/
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact HRServices.flux[at]tue.nl.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
Applications, including a letter of motivation, a curriculum vitae, a list of publications (if any), transcript of master and bachelor degrees, and the contact information of two academic referees, must be submitted by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below this advertisement).
All applications received by 30 June 2021 will be given full consideration. The preferred starting date is as soon as possible.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.
Ph D Position In Digital Twinning For Personalized Food Printing (1.0 Fte), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 8 days ago
You have: • a Masters Degree in Systems & Control, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or in any related fields from top universities • strong academic credentials, written and spoken English profici...
Ph D Position In Active Vibration Control Of Nonlinear Systems, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
"Robust vibration control of nonlinear systems by the receptance method” Nonlinear systems have been encountered in almost all engineering sectors. Some examples of nonlinear behaviour are in flex...
Ph D Position In Active Vibration Control Of Nonlinear Systems, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative center of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research...
Sb – Ph D Position In Thermal Modelling Of Metal Hydrides Compression And Storage Systems, EPFL, Switzerland, about 12 hours ago
Industrial PhD Position GRZ Technologies Ltd. offers, in joint collaboration with EPFL, an industrial PhD position in the field of “Thermal modelling of metal hydrides compression and storage syst...
Ph D Position In Energy Systems Optimization (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 9 days ago
The job opening is for a full time PhD position at the Energy & Resources group of the department of Sustainable Development at the Faculty of Geosciences of Utrecht University. This PhD position ...
Artificial Intelligence (Ai) Based Control And Fault Monitoring Of Batteries In Microgrids, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 9 days ago
TitleArtificial Intelligence (AI) based Control and Fault Monitoring of Batteries in Microgrids Description The project focuses on advanced control and fault monitoring of batteries in microgrid c...