30 Nov 2023
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
6 Dec 2023 - 23:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
One of the main goals of our group - the Ultrafast Dynamics in Nanoscale Systems group, which recently started at TU/e - is to understand the physical phenomena that take place at short timescales and small length scales. You will use state-of-the-art ultrafast optical and optoelectronic techniques and advanced nanomaterial fabrication techniques, with a focus on spatiotemporal microscopy. More information: www.ultrafastdynamics.com .
- Motivated researcher, with a MSc in (applied) physics
- The ideal candidate would have experience in research on 1D or 2D materials and/or experience with (ultrafast) optical techniques
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, reflected in demonstratable outputs.
- A team player who enjoys coaching Master and Bachelor students and working in a dynamic, interdisciplinary and international team.
- A proven ability to manage complex projects to completion on schedule.
- Excellent (written and verbal) proficiency in English, good communication skills.
- Independent and responsible.
A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university, in an interdisciplinary setting and within an international network. You will work on a beautiful, green campus within walking distance of the central train station. In addition, we offer you:
- Full-time employment for four years, with an intermediate evaluation (go/no-go) after nine months. You will spend 10% of your employment on teaching tasks.
- Salary and benefits (such as a pension scheme, paid pregnancy and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave) in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, scale P (min. €2,770 max. €3,539).
- A year-end bonus of 8.3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- High-quality training programs and other support to grow into a self-aware, autonomous scientific researcher. At TU/e we challenge you to take charge of your own learning process .
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children's day care and sports facilities.
- An allowance for commuting, working from home and internet costs.
- A Staff Immigration Team and a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) for international candidates.
Eindhoven University of Technology is an internationally top-ranking university in the Netherlands that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a top-five position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Curious to hear more about what it's like as a PhD candidate at TU/e? Please view the video.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?Please contact the hiring manager Klaas-Jan Tielrooij, Associate Professor, at k.j.tielrooij[at]tue.nl.
Visit our website for more information about the application process or the conditions of employment. You can also contact HRServices.flux[at]tue.nl.
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page .
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the apply button.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
We look forward to receiving your application and will screen it as soon as possible. The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- Postal Code
- 5612 AP
- De Rondom 70
Where to apply
De Rondom 70
- Postal Code
Ph D Positions For Human Interactive Materials, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
Vacancies are available for PhD students in the field of advanced materials for haptic applications at the Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/...
Ph D On Forward Error Correction For Next Generation Communications Systems, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Electrical Engineering Reference number V36.7227 Job description Are you fascinated by the massive data center infrastructure required to make artificial in...
Fully Funded Ph D Position In Robot World Models And Building Digital Twins, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is looking for a PhD to strengthen its research on world model and building digital twins applied to (distributed) robotic and cyber-physical systems Irèn...
Ph D Position: Scalable Cold Atom Based Quantum Computer Using Photonics, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Electrical Engineering Reference number V36.7248 Job description The advanced photonic solutions lab (APSL) at the Electro-Optics Communication (ECO) group ...
Ph D On Synthesis Of Novel High Performance Polyurethanes, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Reference number V37.7246 Job description Elevate your career in polymer research at TU/e! Join Prof. Željko Tomović's te...
Phd Position Dynamic Liquid – Solid Flows In Blast Furnace Operation, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Reference number V37.7251 Job description The conditions in the hearth of the blast furnace are largely unknown but have ...