Irène Curie Fellowship
The Power and Flow group focuses on clean and efficient process technology, to cater for fast-growing energy demands. Our mission is to perform world-class scientific research on multiphase and reactive flows in the area of energy conversion and process technology. The research is concerned with the development of computational and experimental techniques for the study of hydrogen flames in industrial applications.
We are interested in studying hydrogen flash-back, fundamentally as well as in practical applications. Studies on hydrogen flash-back have been performed in the past, and in this project we want to improve and extend the current knowledge base. Specifically, we would like to numerically investigate hydrogen flame quenching and flash-back on heated burners. The Flamelet Generated Manifold technique will be assessed and improved for these operating conditions. Furthermore, the thermal stresses of burners will be assessed and models for minimization of thermal stresses and optimization of burner life time will be investigated.
This project is in collaboration with Bosch Thermotechnology, Deventer, but your working location will be the Power and Flow group at TU/e. The supervisors for the project are
prof.dr. Jeroen van Oijen and dr. Nijso Beishuizen.
- A master’s degree (or an equivalent university degree) in mechanical engineering, applied physics, aerospace engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in numerical methods and CFD simulations
- Experience in programming in C++, python or matlab
- Knowledge of combustion physics, fluid dynamics and thermodynamics
- Fluent in spoken and written English (C1 level).
Conditions of employment
A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university, in an interdisciplinary setting and within an international network. You will work on a beautiful, green campus within walking distance of the central train station. In addition, we offer you:
- Full-time employment for four years, with an intermediate evaluation (go/no-go) after nine months. You will spend 10% of your employment on teaching tasks.
- Salary and benefits (such as a pension scheme, paid pregnancy and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave) in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A year-end bonus of 8.3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- High-quality training programs and other support to grow into a self-aware, autonomous scientific researcher. At TU/e we challenge you to take charge of your own learning process .
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children's day care and sports facilities.
- An allowance for commuting, working from home and internet costs.
- A Staff Immigration Team and a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) for international candidates.
Information and application
Eindhoven University of Technology is an internationally top-ranking university in the Netherlands that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a top-five position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Visit our website for more information about the application process or the conditions of employment.
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page .
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the apply button. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it.
Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.
Ph D Position Model Predictive Control Of Marine Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 26 days ago
PhD Position Model Predictive Control of Marine Solid Oxide Fuel Cells PhD Position Model Predictive Control of Marine Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Published Deadline Location today 22 Dec Delft Do you ...
Ph D Candidate In Designing Hydrogen Resistant Metallic Materials By Additive Manufacturing, NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU, Norway, 15 days ago
About the job The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (MTP) has a vacancy for a PhD candidate in the materials research group, with special focus on the design and development of h...
Ph D Candidate To Work In The Field Of Wearable Ultrasound, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 22 hours ago
PhD candidate to work in the field of wearable ultrasound PhD candidate to work in the field of wearable ultrasound Published Deadline Location today 18 Dec Eindhoven Are you interested in develop...
Ph D Scholarship In Integrated Multi Carrier Energy Systems: On The Uncertainty Propagation And Systemic Risk Analysis , Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 3 days ago
If you would like to contribute to the green energy transition, while looking for the best possible foundation for a PhD, it is right here in front of you. We offer a fully funded 3-year PhD posit...
Ph D Candidate In Designing Hydrogen Resistant Metallic Materials By Additive Manufacturing , NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway, 2 days ago
20th December 2022 Languages English English English The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering has a vacancy for a PhD Candidate in designing hydrogen resistant metallic materials by...
1 Ph D Position: Photonic Neural Networks For Edge Computing, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 6 days ago
1 PhD position: Photonic Neural Networks for Edge Computing 1 PhD position: Photonic Neural Networks for Edge Computing Published Deadline Location today 30 Nov Eindhoven The Eindhoven University ...