Irène Curie Fellowship
The Power and Flow group focuses on clean and efficient process technology, to cater for fast-growing energy demands. Our mission is to perform world-class scientific research on multiphase and reactive flows in the area of energy conversion and process technology. The research is concerned with the development of computational and experimental techniques for the study of hydrogen flames in industrial applications.
We are interested in studying hydrogen flash-back, fundamentally as well as in practical applications. Studies on hydrogen flash-back have been performed in the past, and in this project we want to improve and extend the current knowledge base. Specifically, we would like to investigate hydrogen flame quenching and flash-back on heated burners. The goal is two-fold: one the one hand we would like to create a deeper insight into the physics of hydrogen flash-back and quenching and propose correlations for industry, and on the other hand we would like to investigate novel measurement techniques that can be used in the industry to study and monitor hydrogen flames. We expect that Machine Learning will play an important part in the analysis and post-processing of the data.
This project is in collaboration with Bosch Thermotechnology, Deventer, but your working location will be the Power and Flow group at TU/e. The supervisors for the project are
prof.dr. Jeroen van Oijen and dr. Nijso Beishuizen.
- A master’s degree (or an equivalent university degree) in mechanical engineering, applied physics, aerospace engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in lab work and measurement techniques.
- Knowledge of combustion physics, fluid dynamics and thermodynamics
- Fluent in spoken and written English (C1 level).
Conditions of employment
A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university, in an interdisciplinary setting and within an international network. You will work on a beautiful, green campus within walking distance of the central train station. In addition, we offer you:
- Full-time employment for four years, with an intermediate evaluation (go/no-go) after nine months. You will spend 10% of your employment on teaching tasks.
- Salary and benefits (such as a pension scheme, paid pregnancy and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave) in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A year-end bonus of 8.3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- High-quality training programs and other support to grow into a self-aware, autonomous scientific researcher. At TU/e we challenge you to take charge of your own learning process .
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children's day care and sports facilities.
- An allowance for commuting, working from home and internet costs.
- A Staff Immigration Team and a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) for international candidates.
Information and application
Eindhoven University of Technology is an internationally top-ranking university in the Netherlands that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a top-five position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Visit our website for more information about the application process or the conditions of employment.
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page .
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the apply button. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it.
Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.
Ph D Candidate In Designing Hydrogen Resistant Metallic Materials By Additive Manufacturing, NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU, Norway, 13 days ago
About the job The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (MTP) has a vacancy for a PhD candidate in the materials research group, with special focus on the design and development of h...
Ph D Candidate In Designing Hydrogen Resistant Metallic Materials By Additive Manufacturing , NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway, about 1 hour ago
20th December 2022 Languages English English English The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering has a vacancy for a PhD Candidate in designing hydrogen resistant metallic materials by...
Ph D Fellowship In Hydrogen Storage In Porous Media , University of Stavanger, Norway, 3 days ago
1st December 2022 Languages English Norsk Bokmål English English PhD Fellowship in Hydrogen Storage in Porous Media Apply for this job See advertisement Job description The University of Stavanger...
Ph D Fellowship In Hydrogen Storage In Porous Media, University of Stavanger, Norway, 23 days ago
The University of Stavanger invites applicants for a PhD Fellowship in Hydrogen Storage in Porous Media at the Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Energy Resources. The position is va...
9 Ph D Positions And 1 Postdoc Position In The Hydroge Ni Team , NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway, about 4 hours ago
Continuously Languages English English English We are now announcing 9 PhD positions and 1 Postdoc position in the HYDROGENi team See advertisement This is HYDROGENi HYDROGENi is a Centre for envi...
Ph D Student Position In Catalysis For Sustainable Energy: Cost And Environmental Assessments, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 6 hours ago
We invite applicants to join our team of researchers within the area of environmental and energy systems analysis focusing on the transition towards a sustainable energy and transport sector. The ...