- 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary
- € 2,541 - € 3,247
- Required background
- Research University Degree
- Organizational unit
- Nijmegen School of Management
- Application deadline
- 14 June 2023
Are you interested in diversity and inclusion as well as conducting research? As a PhD Candidate on targeting sexual harassment in the workplace, you will investigate silencing and voicing around sexual harassment from a social network perspective. Your insights will help develop adaptive strategies to tackle sexual harassment in the workplace.
As a PhD candidate in this project, you will collect research data, analyse and report findings at national and international conferences, and write a dissertation based on (prospective) scientific articles. You will actively translate the research results into practice fostering transformative change towards more inclusive workplaces. You will also participate in teaching over the course of four years (max 360 hours).
More specifically, your project starts with a systematic literature review of research on determinants, consequences and possible interventions targeting workplace sexual harassment. The envisioned second study will consist of interviews with people who have experienced sexual harassment; these will have a social networks focus. For your third study, the idea is to develop a series of vignette experiments investigating the network conditions that are successful in voicing sexual harassment instances. The results of the first three studies should culminate in a fourth one that will design and evaluate interventions in organisations in supporting victims, bystanders and HRM/policymakers to establish transformative change.
As a PhD candidate, you will be affiliated with the Gender and Power in Politics and Management 'hotspot', Radboud's interdisciplinary research group on gender equality, diversity and inclusion. This hotspot supports organisations and stakeholders in designing successful policies and practices to realise social safety in organisations.
As a PhD candidate, you will join the Strategic Human Resource Management group at the Business Administration department, and you will also collaborate with the Economics department.
You will be supervised by Dr Marloes van Engen , Dr Gabriela Contreras and Prof. Dr Yvonne Benschop .
- You should hold a Master's or Research Master's degree in management or social sciences, organisational psychology/sociology, health/behavioural sciences, or a related field.
- You have an affinity with diversity and inclusion.
- You have a proven interest in and experience with scientific research (e.g. through good thesis research).
- You have an affinity with quantitative research methods and experiments, as well as qualitative research methods/techniques.
- You have an affinity with the dissemination and valorisation of research results.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- You are a team player who enjoys working in an interdisciplinary team.
The Nijmegen School of Management (NSM) enables students, institutions and companies, societal actors and governments to play their part in a transformation towards sustainable societies. In doing so, NSM is committed to Radboud University's mission of contributing to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. In the context of our 'Responsible governance for sustainable societies' mission, we address scientific and societal challenges from a good governance perspective. Our work focuses on the topics Beyond Economy, Climate, Inclusivity, Safety, and Democracy. By building, questioning and extending the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), we acknowledge their interrelatedness and focus on several grand challenges within society. We contribute to innovation and sustainable growth on topics such as inequality, gender, decent work and poverty. Furthermore we seek to address and resolve environmental and climate challenges.
At the Nijmegen School of Management, academic research and teaching are carried out in challenging educational programmes. These programmes are offered in the areas of Business Administration; Economics and Business Economics; Geography, Planning and Environment; Political Science; and Public Administration. Academic research takes place within the Institute for Management Research (IMR). Research is carried out within the above-mentioned domains and in interdisciplinary research groups, which are called 'hotspots'. NSM has 400 FTE staff and over 5,000 students.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- It concerns an employment for 0.8 (5 year contract) - 1.0 FTE (4 year contract).
- The gross starting salary amounts to €2,541 per month based on a 38-hour working week, and will increase to €3,247 from the fourth year onwards (salary scale P ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- You will be employed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years (4 year contract) or 3.5 years (5 year contract).
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Dr Marloes van Engen, associate professor strategic human resource management at (024) 361 18 45 or email@example.com l. Alternatively, you can contact Dr Gabriela Contreras, assistant professor in economics and business economics at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Practical information and applying
You can apply until 14 June 2023, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Dr Marloes van Engen. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
Apply now Application deadline 14 June 2023
We would like to recruit our new colleague ourselves. Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.
Dr Engen, M.L. van (Marloes)
associate professor strategic human resource management
email@example.com (024) 361 18 45
Job application form
* Mandatory field
Are you an internal candidate at Radboud University?
When are you an internal candidate?
You are an internal candidate if you:
- Work at Radboud University (i.e. have an employment contract with Radboud University).
- Are a former Radboud University employee receiving unemployment (WW/BWNU) benefits paid by Radboud University (which started less than two years ago or resulted from the discontinuation of your job/redundancy).
- Currently work as a student employee at Radboud University through the campus employment office.
- Work as a temporary employee at, or have been seconded to, Radboud University.
One file only.
5 MB limit.
One file only.
6 MB limit.
One file only.
4 MB limit.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
Read our data processing policy .
Last modified: 17 May 2023
Share this page
Ph D Candidate: The Law On The Use And Sharing Of Health Data, Radboud University, Netherlands, 4 days ago
26 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Radboud University Research Field Juridical sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Netherlands Application Deadline 29 Oct...
Ph D Candidate: Assessing The Sustainability Of Carbon Credits In Voluntary Climate Action, Radboud University, Netherlands, 5 days ago
23 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Radboud University Research Field Physics Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Netherlands Application Deadline 15 Oct 2023 - 22:...
Ph D Candidate In Molecular Astrophysics: Pah Spectroscopy For Uv Irradiated Environments, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
The High Field Magnet Laboratory (HFML) and Free-Electron Lasers for Infrared eXperiments (FELIX together form a large-scale research infrastructure. Its in-house research programmes focus on chem...
Ph D Candidate: Cellular Communication In Early Human Development, Radboud University, Netherlands, 27 days ago
2 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Radboud University Research Field Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Netherlands Application ...
Ph D Candidate: Novel Methods To Understand Animal Movement, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
This position will include working with academics from both the Department of Environmental Science and the Data Science group at the Institute for Computing and Information Sciences. The mission ...
Ph D Candidate 'Integrated Preparedness And Response To Public Health Emergencies At Radboudumc', Radboud University Medical Center (Radboudumc), Netherlands, 10 days ago
20 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Radboud University Medical Center (Radboudumc) Research Field Medical sciences Physics Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Nethe...