6 Sep 2023
Maastricht University (UM)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
1 Oct 2023 - 21:59 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
You will be working on an international EU funded project on strengthening research integrity and open science in several East and Sub Saharan countries. You will contribute towards designing, implementing and analyzing data across the different work packages in this project utilizing both quantitative and qualitative research methods and lead in the publication of research findings from the project. You will be involved in stakeholder engagement and advocacy of the project findings in the African region as well as at international scientific conferences. You will provide administrative support to the day-to-day running and reporting of the project to the Project Coordinator.
You will also have maximum one day (0.2 fte) to support and further develop Maastricht University’s Research Ethics and Integrity Platform (UM PREI). In this role, you will combine administrative tasks (such as organizing meetings, minute taking, event organization) with tasks such as assisting in reviewing project proposals, preparing policy reports and managing activities related to the Platform. You may occasionally also be required to teach in some related courses in the Department of Epidemiology.
- Masters degree in Epidemiology, Public Health or a similar field.
- 1-3 years hands-on experience in a research setting using quantitative (survey, systematic reviews) and qualitative (interviews, focus groups) research methods.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).\
- Experience working in cross-cultural settings, preferably in the Global South context.
- Meticulous and detail oriented.
- Open to international travel 20-30% of your time.
Nice to have:
- Fluent in Dutch, or the willingness to learn it.
- Knowledge of Swahili.
- Experience in writing scientific publications and related reports.
- Experience in using research analyses software such as MAXQDA, NVIVO and/or R.
- Experience in clinical trials research.
As a PhD at the Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, you will be employed by the most international university of the Netherlands, located in the beautiful city of Maastricht.
In addition, we offer you:
- Good employment conditions. The position is in grated in PhD scale according with corresponding salary ranging from € 2,770 to € 3,539 gross per month (based on a full-time employment of 38 hours per week). In addition to the monthly salary, an 8.0% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus are applicable.
- An employment contract for a period of 12 months with a scope of 1.0 FTE. Upon a positive evaluation, an extension of 3 years will follow.
- As University, we offer flexible working hours and the possibility to work partly from home if the nature of your position allows it. You will receive a monthly commuting and internet allowance for this. If you work full-time, you will be entitled to 29 vacation days and 4 additional public holidays per year, namely carnival Monday, carnival Tuesday, Good Friday, and Liberation Day. If you choose to accumulate compensation hours, an additional 12 days will be added. Furthermore, you can personalize your employment conditions through a collective labor agreement (CAO) choice model.
- As Maastricht University, we offer various other excellent secondary employment conditions. These include a good pension scheme with the ABP and the opportunity for UM employees to participate in company fitness and make use of the extensive sports facilities that we also offer to our students.
- Last but certainly not least, we provide the space and facilities for your personal and professional development. We facilitate this by offering a wide range of training programs and supporting various well-established initiatives such as 'acknowledge and appreciate'.
The terms of employment at Maastricht University are largely set out in the Collective Bargaining Agreement of Dutch Universities. In addition, local provisions specific to UM apply. For more information, Click here
You can respond to this vacancy by sending your motivation letter and CV, stating the vacancy number AT2023.431, by email to:
Maastricht University is committed to promoting and nurturing a diverse and inclusive community. We believe that diversity in our staff and student population contributes to the quality of research and education at UM, and strive to enable this through inclusive policies and innovative projects led by teams of staff and students. We encourage you to apply for this position.
Please note, the system cannot upload the following attachments (xyz.zip .htm .html).
Are you interested in this exciting position but still have questions? Feel free to contact Dr. Gowri Gopalakrishna, Department of Epidemiology at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Or are you already convinced and ready to become our new PhD candidate? Apply now, by pressing the button ‘apply now’ to see the application procedure.
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Maastricht University
- Postal Code
- 6229 HA
- P. Debyeplein 1
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Ph D In Data Driven Precision Nutrition, University of Oslo, Norway, 5 days ago
powered by: Cookie Information Nettsiden bruker cookies Vi ønsker at du skal være trygg når du bruker dette nettstedet. Vi benytter cookies for å sikre at du får en best mulig brukeropplevelse og ...
Doctoral Scholarship Holder Urban Studies, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 1 day ago
Department: Department of History Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking university. We offer an innovative acade...
Ph D Position: Nexus Informed Pathways Towards Circular And 'Nature Inclusive' Food Systems In The Netherlands, Wageningen University and Research Center, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Your job Are you an aspiring researcher looking for a new opportunity in the field of food security, climate mitigation and biodiversity conservation? Are you interested in modelling desirable fut...
Ph D Candidate: Interactive Causal Explanations For Patient Centric Personalised Health , Radboud University, Netherlands, 39 minutes ago
Employment 1.0 FTE Gross monthly salary € 2,770 - € 3,539 Required background Research University Degree Organizational unit Faculty of Science Application deadline 06 December 2023 Apply now Are ...
Ph D On Digital Product Flow, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences Reference number V39.7111 Job description You will develop a peer to peer information system for data sharing...
Ph D On Ai Enhanced Strategic Decision Making, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 1 day ago
AI-Enhanced Experimental Investigations into Strategic Decision-Making in Inter-Organizational Relationship Setting. Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Industrial Engineering and Innovation S...