17 Nov 2023
Maastricht University (UM)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
7 Jan 2024 - 22:59 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Located at the Randwyck Campus of Maastricht University, the Department of Pharmacology and Personalised Medicine, headed by Prof Harald HHW Schmidt, offers and attractive PhD position within The Euro-Global Platform for Mechanism-based Drug Repurposing, repo4.eu, and other upcoming projects.
You will lead and contribute to different collaborative projects in an interdisciplinary team. You will provide independent scientific and technical input as well as management support. This will entail project and experiment design, monitoring of project budget and project timelines, data analysis, professional documentation and reporting. We work with standard operation procedures (SOPs), Objectives and Key Results (OKR), daily Huddle meeting of the entire group and weekly face-to-face meeting with and your supervisor(s), up to three annual appraisal and staff development meetings. You will attend relevant conference in particular those to which you actively contribute in the form of a poster or talk. You will write, edit, and handle manuscripts for open access publications and funding applications. You will supervise BA and MA students and contribute up to 10% of your time to teaching, e.g., tutoring in predesigned problem-based learning courses.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Experience in diagnostics, clinical trials, network science
- Advanced knowledge in drug discovery & development
KEY RESULTS AREAS, RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 5 Publications, 2 reviews are possible, 3 original papers, of all of these 3 first author publications;
- Positive first year review;
- Submit and be accepted for defence within 4 years max;
- Contribute to all project reporting responsibilities of external funding.
What we offer
As PhD candidate at Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, you will be employed by the most international university in the Netherlands, located in the beautiful city of Maastricht. In addition, we offer you:
- Good employment conditions. The position is graded in UFO profile PhD, with corresponding salary from €2770,00 and €3539,00 gross per month (based on a full-time employment of 38 hours per week). In addition to the monthly salary, an 8.0% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus apply.
- An employment contract for a period of 12 months with a scope of 1.0 FTE. Upon a positive evaluation, an extension of 3 years will follow.
- At Maastricht University, the well-being of our employees is of utmost importance, we offer flexible working hours and the possibility to work partly from home if the nature of your position allows it. You will receive a monthly commuting and internet allowance for this. If you work full-time, you will be entitled to 29 vacation days and 4 additional public holidays per year, namely carnival Monday, carnival Tuesday, Good Friday, and Liberation Day. If you choose to accumulate compensation hours, an additional 12 days will be added. Furthermore, you can personalize your employment conditions through a collective labor agreement (CAO) choice model.
- As Maastricht University, we offer various other excellent secondary employment conditions. These include a good pension scheme with the ABP and the opportunity for UM employees to participate in company fitness and make use of the extensive sports facilities that we also offer to our students.
- Last but certainly not least, we provide the space and facilities for your personal and professional development. We facilitate this by offering a wide range of training programs and supporting various well-established initiatives such as 'acknowledge and appreciate'.
The terms of employment at Maastricht University are largely set out in the collective labor agreement of Dutch Universities. In addition, local provisions specific to UM apply. For more information, click here .
Are you interested in this exciting position but still have questions? Feel free to contact Prof. dr. H. Schmidt via [email protected] for more information.
Or are you already convinced and ready to become our new PhD candidate? Apply now, no later than 7 January 2024, for this position.
Submit the followeing documents with your application:
- a specific letter of motivation stating what you bring to the team;
- marks and list of references (no reference letters).
The vacancy is open for internal and external candidates. In case of equal qualifications, internal candidates will be prioritized.
Maastricht University is committed to promoting and nurturing a diverse and inclusive community. We believe that diversity in our staff and student population contributes to the quality of research and education at UM, and strive to enable this through inclusive policies and innovative projects led by teams of staff and students. We encourage you to apply for this position.
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Maastricht University
- Postal Code
- P. Debyelaan 25
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Knaw Early Career Award, KNAW, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
KNAW Early Career Award Behavioural Sciences, Social Sciences and Law Humanities More The KNAW Early Career Award recognizes innovative and original research and stimulates the further development...
Ph D Candidate "Immune Effector Mechanisms In Advanced Atherosclerosis", Leiden University, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
Apply now The Division of BioTherapeutics at the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR) is looking for a: PhD candidate for the project “Immune effector mechanisms in advanced atheroscle...
Ph D Position In Molecular Pharmacology , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 18 hours ago
100%, Zurich, fixed-term The Molecular Pharmacology group is a multidisciplinary research team at ETH Zurich, which spans the whole spectrum of pharmacological research from in vitro to in vivo st...
Ph D Position 'Biosensei: Biosensor Based Diagnostic Platform For Real Time Monitoring Of Existing And Emerging Environmental Pollutants', Wageningen University and Research Center, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Your job Do you want to pursue a PhD programme connecting synthetic biology with electronics? Would you like to apply microbial systems, advanced bioengineering, and biochemistry to real-world cha...
Ph D Position In Nanoparticles For Intestinal Diseases, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
Intestinal fibrosis is a common complication in chronic inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) like Crohn’s Disease and ulcerative colitis. It is a serious therapeutic problem, which is difficult to di...
Ph D Candidate In Epigenetics & Gene Regulation , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Epigenetic regulation of cell identity is essential for cell functionality and tissue homeostasis. Understanding the dynamics of epigenetic programming holds significant impact for deciphering the...