The Faculty of Science and The Leiden Institute of Physics (LION) is looking for a:
Grant advisor (0, 8 fte)
As a Grant advisor, you will assist our scientific researchers in their bid for funding and share the best methods on proposal development. You will be in close collaboration with the management team of the institute, colleagues of the LION supporting staff and other relevant university departments (such as Luris (the Knowledge Exchange Office) and the financial department) to help to realize the funding strategy and ambitions. In addition, you will gather information on the formation of strategic alliances and collaborations, the development of new funding instruments, and relay this to LION-based academics.
- Monitoring funding opportunities of all relevant funding agencies, in close collaboration with Luris;
- Identifying calls that fit with research areas within LION, and actively matching scientists to open and/or upcoming calls;
- Coordinating the grant applications, advising and coaching scientists; This includes setting up collaborative projects that involve external partners and acquire additional contractual arrangements such as NDA’s;
- When a grant is awarded, you will collaborate with the supporting staff at LION to start the projects.
- In case of a consortium project coordinated by LION you will be the project manager. You will liaise with Luris for the consortium agreement;
- Updating the management team about funding opportunities and advising on strategical matters regarding research grants;
- Actively share and disseminate knowledge with other funding advisors within the university.
- University degree; prior research experience is an advantage;
- Background in, or affinity with, the exact sciences;
- Strong analytical skills, organized, able to keep track of multiple projects at the same time;
- Excellent advising and interpersonal skills;
- You enjoy working in an independent and pro-active manner in a dynamic environment.
- You are flexible and stress-resistant, needed to make the call deadline;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in grant application and advising in externally funded projects (EU, NWO);
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English, and Dutch knowledge is an advantage.
Research at our faculty
The Leiden Institute of Physics (LION) is one of the oldest physics institutes in the Netherlands with more than 180 staff and around 30 senior scientists. LION is part of the Faculty of Science and covers a very broad spectrum of physics research and education. Theory and experiments go hand in hand at LION: from cosmology to mechanics of DNA, from granular matter to quantum nanoscience.
The Faculty of Science is an excellent faculty where staff and students work together in a dynamic international environment. Personal and academic development are our top priority. Our faculty members are committed to expanding their fundamental knowledge by looking beyond the boundaries of their own discipline; the aim is to benefit science, and to contribute to the major societal challenges of the future.
The research carried out at the Faculty of Science is diverse, ranging from Mathematics, Information science, Astronomy, Physics, Chemistry, Bio-pharmaceutical sciences, Biology and Environmental sciences. Eight institutes organize research activities. These institutes offer eight bachelor’s and twelve master’s programs. Our faculty has grown immensely in recent years. We are located at the heart of Leiden’s Bio Science Park, one of Europe’s largest science parks, where university and business life come together.
For more information, see www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/science and https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at
Terms and conditions
We offer a 1 year position for 0,8 fte, with the possibility of renewal based on need, funding and performance. The salary ranges from € 3.226,- to € 5.090,- gross per month based on fulltime equivalent (pay scale 10 in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside of the Netherlands may be eligible for a 30% tax break.
Being curious also means being open
Our curiosity knows no bounds; we are open to all kinds of perspectives and strive to create a diverse and inclusive community. We believe that a wide range of ideas, combined with appreciation and respect for all, constantly strengthens and enriches our community.
If you have any questions about the procedure or the function, please contact Vita Hinlopen, Institute Manager, [email protected] .
You can apply online via the ‘Apply now’ button on this page. Applications bearing the vacancy number and accompanied by a motivation letter and CV (in English or Dutch), can be addressed to Vita Hinlopen until Friday 7 December2023. Interviews will be conducted in English or Dutch according to preference.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated
Ph D Candidate On Multi Objective Optimization And Machine Learning For Hydrogen Technologies, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
27 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Leiden University Research Field Physics Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Netherlands Application Deadline 15 Mar 2024 - 22:5...
Ph D Candidate Reconfiguring Research Quality, Leiden University, Netherlands, 28 days ago
30 Jan 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Leiden University Research Field Cultural studies Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Netherlands Application Deadline 27 Feb 20...
Ph D Candidate On Law And Vulnerability In Social Media 0,8 1,0 Fte, Leiden University, Netherlands, 14 days ago
13 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Leiden University Research Field Juridical sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Netherlands Application Deadline 25 Feb ...
Ph D Candidate In Political Science (Politics Of Climate And Migration), Leiden University, Netherlands, 28 days ago
30 Jan 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Leiden University Research Field Cultural studies Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Netherlands Application Deadline 15 Apr 20...
Luc Ph D Fellows, Leiden University, Netherlands, 28 days ago
30 Jan 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Leiden University Research Field Cultural studies Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Leading Researcher (R4) First Stage Researcher (R1)...
Ph D Position In Japan Studies, Leiden University, Netherlands, 14 days ago
13 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Leiden University Research Field Language sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Netherlands Application Deadline 15 Apr 2...