The FWO supports fundamental scientific research, stimulates international cooperation and promotes equal opportunity.
The PhD Fellowship (“mandaat aspirant”) is a funding channel to prepare young and promising researchers to complete their PhD.
For the funding of a limited number of fellowships, the FWO collaborates with: SCK•CEN , L'Oreal-Unesco and VITO . The PhD research must be fundamental in nature.
Who can apply?
- You are of Belgian nationality or belong to one of the member states of the EU, the EEA or Switzerland. Non-EU candidates must have a basic degree from one of the countries of the EU or the EER or Switzerland
- You hold a Master's degree
- If, on October 1, you are older than 31 years, you must have obtained this degree no longer than 5 years ago (see regulations for details)
- You have not previously received an FWO fellowship (not even in part)
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship
- On 1 October you have three years scientific seniority at most
Period: 2 years, renewable once
How does it work?
- You contact a supervisor affiliated to a Flemish university
- The supervisor undertakes to properly coach and guide you as doctorandus
- The supervisor is asked by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation
- You complete your application online, deadline: 1st of February
- The applications are submitted to the FWO Expertpanels
- The Expertpanels compile a ranking, which will be used as basis by the Flemish universities to formulate a funding proposal
- The Board of Trustees decides on the appointment (start: 1st of October)
- You can ask for feedback on the decision
How much funding is involved?
- Net scholarship amount: minimum €1.860,55
- Fixed bench fee: €3.720/year from FWO
Department of Research Affairs - Research Co-ordination Office
Gerald Agnew Postgraduate Research Fellowships Next Offered 2007, 2010, Massey University, New Zealand, 7 days ago
Back to results Closing date: to be announced The fellowship is open to students who are qualified to register as candidates for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy and who are New Zealand citizens...
Te Tipu Putaiao Fellowships, Massey University, New Zealand, 16 days ago
Closing date: to be announced The objective of Te Tipu Putaiao Fellowships is to unlock the innovation potential of Maori knowledge, people and resources for the benefit of New Zealand. To achieve...
Post Doc: Discovering New Catalysts In The Cluster Nanoparticle Transition Regime, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 1 hour ago
Apply no later than 22 October 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Physics by completing the following form. Apply online The position is Funded by the European Research Council under the advanced grant...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Saravyc, University of British Columbia, Canada, about 11 hours ago
The School of Nursing at the Vancouver campus of the University of British Columbia invites applications for a one-year term position, 0.75 FTE at the rank of Post-Doctoral Fellow. The position is...
Postdoctotal Position In Microbial Ecology And Fluid Dynamics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 1 hour ago
Apply no later than 15 October 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Aqua by completing the following form. Apply online We are seeking candidates for a two-year postdoctoral position (with the possibilit...
Bioethics Fellowship, National Institutes of Health, United States, 1 day ago
Position Description: The Department of Bioethics is pleased to offer a limited number of two-year post-doctoral and post-baccalaureate fellowships. Fellows participate in the activities and the i...