The International Institute for Asian Studies (IIAS) is looking for a
Fellowship programme officer (0,8 fte)
Vacancy number: 21-600
The IIAS International Fellowship Programme (IFP) on Asian Studies is one of the most important initiatives of the International Institute for Asian Studies.In collaboration with other IIAS initiatives, IIAS partners, and the institute’s Management Team (MT), the new Fellowship Programme Officer (FPO)will work on developing, promoting, coordinating and administratively managing the institute’s International Fellowship programme. He/she should uphold IIAS’s vision of an inclusive, collaborative and dynamic IIAS Fellowship programme in line with the intellectual and organisational culture of the institute and the changes that are currently taking place in humanities and social sciences academia.
Key responsibilities of the IIAS Fellowship Programme Officer
- Integrating the IFP in IIAS’s programmes and activities
- Re-shaping the fellowship selection process
- Promoting and disseminating the IFP
- Humanely managing the IFP
- Administratively and financially managing the IFP
- Maintaining contacts with former IIAS fellows
For details on these key responsibilities, please see our website .
Profile of the Fellowship Officer:
- You have a PhD university degree, preferably in the field of Asian Studies or on an Asia-related subject, with knowledge of the Dutch, European and Asian academic environments
- You have proved experience in academic programme development, especially in the fields of humanities, arts and social sciences
- You operate as a creative thinker who can move beyond conventions, narrow discipline or country specializations. Above all, you demonstrate a clear understanding of the role, position and vision of IIAS and how the fellowship programme aligns with the institute’s other main initiatives
- You operate empathically, flexibly yet reliably with the fellows whose support you are responsible for
- You can develop a meaningful and impactful communication and dissemination strategy
- You exert a capacity to operate autonomously, within a horizontally structured team. You work collegially with dedicated colleagues and report to the MT
- You are creative, take initiatives, remain flexible, and are able to work in a small and dynamic team-based organization
- You are used to working with different nationalities and you are open-minded
- You are fluent in English and in Dutch
- You work easily with digital technology (webinars, forums, social media) and are quick to adapt to new softwares and programmes.
The International Institute for Asian Studies (IIAS) is a national and global research organisation and knowledge exchange platform, based in Leiden, The Netherlands. The Institute initiates and promotes interdisciplinary and trans-sectoral programmes that engage partners in - and with - Asia, in the world. The Institute seeks to promote a contextualised understanding of Asian realities and to pioneer new approaches to the studies of Asia and the ‘Asian factor’ in a changing global environment. It does so through an array of activities in the realms of research, education, publications, dissemination, network development, institutional support, and services to the community outside academia. It seeks to contribute to a culturally and socially-informed policy-relevant knowledge on/in/with Asia.
For more information about IIAS and the fellowship programme, please consult our website :
Terms and conditions
We offer a position for initially twelve months, with an extension dependent on work assessment and further developments. Depending on qualifications and experience a salary range from € 2836 to €4474 or € 3807 to € 5211 gross per month for a full time appointment (scale 10/11) in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
IIAS and Leiden University offer an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %). Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For more information, see the website.
IIAS and Leiden University are strongly committed to diversity within their communities. They especially welcome applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be sent to Ms Martina van den Haak (email@example.com )
Please send your letter of motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the vacancy number of this position 21-600 in the subject line. Only applications received no later than 20 December 2021 will be considered. The job interviews are scheduled to take place in the third week of January.
8 Junior Fellowships At The Collegium Helveticum , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 2 days ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Zurich, fixed-term The Collegium Helv...
Ph D Position On Stochastic Thermodynamics Of Biological Processes, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 8 days ago
The Niels Bohr International Academy invites applicants for a PhD fellowship in stochastic thermodynamics of biological networks. The project is funded by a project grant of the Novo Nordisk Found...
Ph D Position Modelling Socio Environmental Feedbacks For Resilient Landscapes, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Are you keen to contribute to a resilient climate-proof and sustainable future for the Dutch sandy soil landscapes? Would you like to model feedback mechanisms at landscape scale, taking into acco...
Postdoc Fellowship For The Preparation Of A Marie Sklodowska Curie Application, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
Organisation Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative center of higher education offering high-quality teaching...
Ref. ª: Ccmar/Bm/16/2021 | Master’s Fellowship – 1 Vacancy, Centre of Marine Sciences of the Algarve, Portugal, 13 days ago
Master’s Fellowship – 1 vacancy Within the project – INDRA Project number: EXPL/CTA-CLI/0612/2021 Ref. ª: CCMAR/BM/16/2021 The Centre for Marine Sciences (CCMAR) opens one (01) Master's Fellowship...
2022 Rainforest Science And Conservation Fellowship In Scientific Storytelling – Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica, Osa Conservation, United States, 9 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyOsa ConservationLocationOsa Peninsula, Costa RicaJob CategoryFellowships & ScholarshipsSalaryn/aStart Date03...