Research at CTR is driven by technology development for the fabrication of biological constructs. The technological bases at the department for the fabrication of such constructs are:
- Additive manufacturing technologies for building functional 3D scaffolds, such as 3D fiber deposition, bioprinting, and digital light processing;
- Advanced electrospinning technologies for generating extracellular matrix-like fibrous meshes.
- Fabrication of highly functional film-based biomedical microdevices by micro and nanoscale 3D forming and superimposed patterned surface and bulk modification of thin polymer films;
- Engineering of artificial cellular microenvironments and of in vitro 3D tissue and organ analogues using the aforementioned 3D film micro- and nanotechnologies
- Lithography for multiscale hierarchical 3D substrates, e.g. 3D nanoimprint, 3D deep UV or 3D X-ray lithography.
- Bottom-up tissue engineering based on micro and nanoengineered objects as cell-assemblable instructive microscaffolds.
- Scaffold-free, self-assembled 3D tissues/organ spheroids.
Candidates for the PhD position in the field of robotics & mechatronics (PhD 1) should have a M.Sc. degree in mechanical engineering, control engineering, automation engineering, or applied physics, with already proven experience in developing robotic systems, and in particular additive manufacturing technologies. Excellent and proven knowledge of scientific English both in speaking, reading, and writing is required.
Candidates for the PhD position in the field of biomaterial chemistry (PhD 2) should have a M.Sc. degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, or biomedical engineering, with already some experience in material synthesis, blending, and characterization thereof.
Candidates for the Post-doc position in the field of mathematics, modeling, and software development (Post-doc 1) should have a M.Sc. degree in mathematics, physics, or engineering, and a Ph.D. intimately close to the post-doc description. Proven experience in modeling, generation of coding, applied mathematics, and software development is also required.
Ph D Position On Hydrogels For Cell Encapsulation And Soft Tissue Repair, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
A fully financed 4yr PhD position at the interface of polymer chemistry, biomaterials synthesis, and biomedical sciences; is available at the Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Twent...
Doctoral Researcher (Ph D) In Photovoltaics, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 8 hours ago
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 s...
Two Ph D Student Positions On Cellular Structural Biology And Basic Medicine Of Motile Cilia , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 11 hours ago
The position is to be a PhD student of D-BIOL/ETHZ. The workplace is the group of Prof. Takashi Ishikawa at Paul Scherrer Institute (you are employed by PSI). The positions are funded by Swiss Nat...
1 Ph D On Bringing 3 D Food Printing To The Next Level, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Researchers from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Wageningen University (WUR) will soon start the PRINTYOURFOOD project that aims to create personalised and healthy 3D-printed food. R...
Postdoc Position On Stem Cells And Epithelia Mechanobiology At Dan Stem, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 3 hours ago
The Danish Stem Cell Center (DanStem) at Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen is looking for a Postdoctoral candidate to join the Aragona group starting February 1s...
Ph D Position In Nucleation Phenomena In Metal Atomic Layer Deposition (Ald) And Molecular Layer Deposition (Mld), Empa, Switzerland, about 19 hours ago
PhD Position in Nucleation phenomena in Metal Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) and Molecular Layer Deposition (MLD) The topic ALD/MLD is a novel thin film deposition method with unprecedented control...