Office of Financial Aid
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Scholarship Analyst in the Office of Financial Aid. UMUC is one of 11 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM). Working adults, military personnel, and other students around the globe are achieving their academic goals through UMUC's innovative educational options, including online instruction, accelerated academic programs, and classroom-based courses taught during the daytime, evenings, and weekends. Currently, more than 42,000 students attend UMUC nationally, and an additional 37,000 students attend UMUC at on site classes in more than 25 countries throughout the world; about 58,000 students are active duty military, veterans, and their families. In 2012, UMUC had over 262,000 online course enrollments.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Scholarships, the Scholarship Analyst will assist with various scholarship programs including institutional, state, and private programs. The analyst will also ensure quality customer service and delivery of student aid to prospective and current students and assure compliance with federal, state and institutional guidelines.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for the administration of assigned UMUC managed scholarships in full compliance with all applicable state and institutional policies including the selection of recipients
- Delivers outstanding customer service to students with scholarship questions
- Troubleshoots to resolve problems for students in assigned scholarship programs
- Delivers outstanding customer service to colleagues in other UMUC Offices, USM and scholarship donors
- Prepares scheduled and term end/year end reports for all assigned programs
- Remains current on all federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies focusing specifically on scholarship programs
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution of higher learning and a minimum of one (1) year of professional experience in higher education, accounting, business or customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated experience with computerized office systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and experience providing customer service in a timely and proficient manner
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Salesforce
- Experience with administering state and institutional scholarships
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html .
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.
Vice Chancellor's Student Award Reconciliation, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 1 day ago
Vice-Chancellor's Student Award – Reconciliation is in recognition of the commitment and contribution of a student who is actively engaged in activities at Swinburne University relating to the Uni...
Senior Coordinator, Theban Mapping Project (Grant Position), American University in Cairo, Egypt, 14 days ago
Reports to: Director, Theban Mapping Project Purpose:The holder of this position will coordinate and support of all activities of the Theban Mapping Project in Cairo, Luxor and outside of Egypt as...
Industrial Ph D Position For Advanced Power Electronics For Powertrain In Electric Vehicle, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 24 hours ago
Technical University of Denmark (DTU) and Huawei’s German Research Center in Nuremberg invite highly motivated graduates to apply for a 3-year industrial PhD scholarship starting in November 2019 ...
Ph D Student, Ghent University, Belgium, about 22 hours ago
Job description We are seeking a talented and highly motivated PhD student for an initial 2-year position at the SynBioC research group at the Department of Green Chemistry and Technology, Faculty...
Ph D Position, Border Detection Of Illicit Drugs And Precursors By Highly Accurate Electrosensors, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 13 hours ago
The Faculty of Science is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy, supported by European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme, for one PhD position in Chemistry or Sciences Re...
Ph D Position, Chemical Imaging Of Pigment Transformation Processes In Art Objects 2019 Bapfwetef272, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 27 days ago
The research group AXES (Department of Chemistry) of the University of Antwerp has available a full-time PhD position in the domain of the Chemical imaging of pigment transformation processes in a...