Office of Financial Aid
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Scholarship Analyst in the Office of Financial Aid. UMUC is one of 11 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM). Working adults, military personnel, and other students around the globe are achieving their academic goals through UMUC's innovative educational options, including online instruction, accelerated academic programs, and classroom-based courses taught during the daytime, evenings, and weekends. Currently, more than 42,000 students attend UMUC nationally, and an additional 37,000 students attend UMUC at on site classes in more than 25 countries throughout the world; about 58,000 students are active duty military, veterans, and their families. In 2012, UMUC had over 262,000 online course enrollments.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Scholarships, the Scholarship Analyst will assist with various scholarship programs including institutional, state, and private programs. The analyst will also ensure quality customer service and delivery of student aid to prospective and current students and assure compliance with federal, state and institutional guidelines.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for the administration of assigned UMUC managed scholarships in full compliance with all applicable state and institutional policies including the selection of recipients
- Delivers outstanding customer service to students with scholarship questions
- Troubleshoots to resolve problems for students in assigned scholarship programs
- Delivers outstanding customer service to colleagues in other UMUC Offices, USM and scholarship donors
- Prepares scheduled and term end/year end reports for all assigned programs
- Remains current on all federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies focusing specifically on scholarship programs
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution of higher learning and a minimum of one (1) year of professional experience in higher education, accounting, business or customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated experience with computerized office systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and experience providing customer service in a timely and proficient manner
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Salesforce
- Experience with administering state and institutional scholarships
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html .
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.
Crm Specialist (Two Positions), SUNY, United States, 1 day ago
CRM Specialist (Two Positions) The State University of New York System Administration Office of Enrollment Services seeks two talented CRM Specialists to assist with implementation and development...
The Centenary History Of New Zealand And The First World War Heritage Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, about 14 hours ago
Closing date: 31/07/2020 Focus New Zealand heritage and military history Level of study Postgraduate research Purpose The scholarships aim to promote the study of New Zealand history, with particu...
Nz China Scholarship, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 9 hours ago
Closing date: 24/07/2020 Value of Award: Fee Assistance No. of awards: Up to 10 Tenure: For an acadenic year. The Confucius Institute in Auckland facilitates the NZ–China Scholarship selection pan...
Ph D Stipend In Collaborative Robots For Sm Es With Modular Hyperflexible Automation (915 20033) , Aalborg University, Denmark, about 20 hours ago
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Materials and Production (Section of Production) a PhD stipend is available from 1 August 2020 or soon thereafter. Department of Materials ...
Ph D Scholarship Global Governance In Climate Change (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
Scholarship opportunities The University of Groningen offers a four-year PhD student scholarship opportunity to complete a dissertation on a topic related to “global governance in climate change”....
Postdoctoral Position In 3 D Genome Organization In Prostate Cancer, Karolinska Institutet (KI), Sweden, 2 days ago
<strong><strong><b>Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? </b></strong></strong><p>A postdoc position on the role of 3D genome organization in prostate cancer is immediately av...